Opinion Full Metal Racket // Short Fast Loud

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Did they expect anything different from Disturbed though?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
LMFAO!!! Disturbed album just came out.. and apparently it is absolute shit. Reviews are savaging it, including its 4 YES FOUR ballards... on a 10 track album.

Blaine from Overkill Reviews gave it 0.5/5 LOL

Two Toe Tags absolutely savage it, and they don't mind Disturbed.

Been listening to the most recent Temperance album (Of Jupiter and Moons) ... fuck it's good.
I got about 6 songs into it. The music is definitely an after thought. It's all very basic riffs, much of them are from earlier Disturbed songs. They focused on the lyrics which range from, "capitalism is destroying our world" to "the internet is the root of all evil". And they threw in a few Elton John Disney tunes.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
On a separate note, a few other releases came out at the same time:

Our Hollow, Our Home - In Moment / / In Memorium - metalcore stuff with excellent music that's ruined by the same dude who sings in 90% of the metalcore bands and 100% of the emo and pop-punk bands

Amaranthe - Helix - still electro poppy like most of their work but much heavier than their other albums and actually has some alright tunes

Greta Van Fleet - Anthem of the Peaceful Army - what's there to say. Same as their first album. They still sound like Zeppelin

Soulfly - Ritual - more Soulfly is never a bad thing

Northward - Northward - Viking stuff

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greta van fleet is fucking sick. I don't give a fuck how much they sound like zep. If there's any band I'd wanna sound like, it's zep lol

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Hacky have you got the latest Monuments yet? Does the album live up to the singles?

I got about 6 songs into it. The music is definitely an after thought. It's all very basic riffs, much of them are from earlier Disturbed songs. They focused on the lyrics which range from, "capitalism is destroying our world" to "the internet is the root of all evil". And they threw in a few Elton John Disney tunes.
One big issue I've noticed in it, is someone appears to have stolen the bass drum ..

It's like the drumming has been done on a drum machine without a bass drum. So everything sounds really "high range" and "tinny".

Dan Donegan seemed largely wasted on this album.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hacky have you got the latest Monuments yet? Does the album live up to the singles?
Yep. It's a ridiculously good album from start to finish.

One big issue I've noticed in it, is someone appears to have stolen the bass drum ..

It's like the drumming has been done on a drum machine without a bass drum. So everything sounds really "high range" and "tinny".

Dan Donegan seemed largely wasted on this album.
Yep. It almost sounds like an 8-bit midi

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Billy from biohazard solo , didn't have high hopes gave it a spin nice and angry blood for blood influences in there

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
New Soilwork track sounds like they blended in some Night Flight Orchestra

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
This seems interesting. The film clip is pretty terrible but the music sounds like a mix of Devin Townsend and Alice in Chains

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just stumbled across this track... not bad.

Textbook metalcore, but nothing wrong with that.

That's not metalcore. That's melodic groove metal with undertones of alternative and a hint of classic metal.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
When you want to come up with a cool name for your band but your English isn't very good....

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
WOW! So Matt Heafy (Trivium) and his wife are expecting their first children (twins). He's touring at the moment in Canada/USA with Avattar and Light the Torch and got called suddenly to head home. So he's left the tour and Trivium's tour will continue with the following lineup:

Paolo and Corey on backing /part lead vocals.
Guest lead vocals by Howard Jones.
Guest lead vocals by Johannes Eckerstrom from Avatar.
Guest guitar work from Jared Dines.

Impressive for Howard and Johnannes to back up their performances each night by covering shared Trivium vocals.

Audio a bit *meh* (needs to be soundboard but Matt has already said they won't distribute direct feed audio due to potential for bootlegs/sales/theft of audio)... but okay I guess ... camera needs an external microphone though.

Apparently they are going to try and release live audio/streams of each concert on the tour (where possible).