Opinion Full Metal Racket // Short Fast Loud

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Ozzy, Priest, AIC and Anthrax are a good start. I’ve never seen any of them live and I’m keen to check Ghost live too. Slayer I’ve already seen several times.
Similar to you man, haven't seen Ozzy or Priest but Anthrax are fucking awesome live, AIC I saw the first time with ST and they got monstered, promoter screwed them having the original ST open up, blew them away and Layne was just wasted.

Seen the new AIC and I liked them, weren't great but cool to see.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Saw Priest and AIC last Soundwave and both were bloody brilliant. Also saw Anthrax a few times. Never seen Ozzie live before so looking forward to that.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah the time I saw AIC was Soundwave at Eastern Creek in 2009. They headlined with Lamb of God.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Okay, so it's not metal, but it's Tom Morello.. so that's kinda okay.

From an apparently newly formed band this year called WarKings. Their identities are largely unknown (they only appear in disguise). Even their social media is quite cryptic.

Some reckon it's George from Serenity and the guitarist from Mystic Prophecy.

Only problem is... the chorus... GO GO POWER RANGERS!!!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Okay, so it's not metal, but it's Tom Morello.. so that's kinda okay.

From an apparently newly formed band this year called WarKings. Their identities are largely unknown (they only appear in disguise). Even their social media is quite cryptic.

Some reckon it's George from Serenity and the guitarist from Mystic Prophecy.

Only problem is... the chorus... GO GO POWER RANGERS!!!
Saw that Warkings one yesterday. Lasted halfway through and had to stop 'cause it's pretty awful.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
More Monuments. New album is out in a couple of weeks. Sounds like it's going to be a good one

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
More Monuments. New album is out in a couple of weeks. Sounds like it's going to be a good one
Daaaammnn... I like!!

Happy to show you all the 3rd and final single before 'Phronesis' drops - Mirror Image.
Lyrically, the song explores the idea of looking back on previous bad decisions, the want to turn back time and change the scenario after understanding the consequences of those decisions … This is collectively one of our favorite songs of the new album! Turn it up!
PHRONESIS – OUT OCTOBER 5th 2018
From their Facebook page.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Fuck yeah!!!

Slash ft Miles Kennedy and the Conspirators just dropped a new album.

Expecting it to be a solid hard rock effort as always.

Mad that so many bands are dropping full albums on Youtube these days (and making money from the views instead).

https://www.youtube.com/user/slash/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

The solo in this track is a classic Slash banger... the bloke can certainly make the guitar sing.

Ted Nü-Djent

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Similar to you man, haven't seen Ozzy or Priest but Anthrax are fucking awesome live, AIC I saw the first time with ST and they got monstered, promoter screwed them having the original ST open up, blew them away and Layne was just wasted.

Seen the new AIC and I liked them, weren't great but cool to see.
Same with earlier this year when Gojira opened for Mastodon. I love me some Mastodon but after Gojira, their set was a snooze fest

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Post your albums released this year that you think deserve more love. I'll start

The Wallachia album was up there for me. Great album. Here's some others

Zeal and Ardour. This album is less black black metal than their last one. More black rock metal

Full album link
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9hYR5qRkc2yfyCkTX13J7s3zpfGP_FCl

Probably my favourite of the year. Omnium Gatherum

This one gets a bit new metal at times but otherwise it's good

https://youtu.be/Vo1h2a2uow8

Full album link
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLADT69rfXyhhpJ9euDFaIE_BYm0S7XEdQ

Last edited:

Ted Nü-Djent

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Wallachia album was up there for me. Great album. Here's some others

Zeal and Ardour. This album is less black black metal than their last one. More black rock metal

Full album link
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9hYR5qRkc2yfyCkTX13J7s3zpfGP_FCl

Probably my favourite of the year. Omnium Gatherum

This one gets a bit new metal at times but otherwise it's good

Full album link
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLADT69rfXyhhpJ9euDFaIE_BYm0S7XEdQ
I've tried Zeal & Ardour. I can't do it.It sucks because I want to. Will check Omnium Gatherum. The other looks too Mushroomheady lol.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Speaking of such, the new Metal Allegiance album just dropped

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I've tried Zeal & Ardour. I can't do it.It sucks because I want to. Will check Omnium Gatherum. The other looks too Mushroomheady lol.
Mushroomhead pretty much sums it up. They're like Mushroomhead without the weird shit songs. The band is made up of ex-members and current members of Machine Head, Soulfly, Il Nino, and Upon a burning body.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Middle age housewife radio stations just got a hard on because Disturbed just released this.

Before you listen, conjour up in your mind what you are about to hear based on the description for the video on Youtube: "If you or someone you know is struggling with drug/alcohol addiction or having thoughts of suicide, contact the following:"

You'll be bang on.

Herein lies my real problem with this crapfest. This shit is a BLATANT attempt to cash in (with a radio friendly track), on those with mental health issues. It's just so bloody obvious.

You can get they wouldn't donate some or all album sale profits to mental health organisations!

Luckily I've rinsed my ears out with the new Gus G single (instrumental only).

Ted Nü-Djent

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Middle age housewife radio stations just got a hard on because Disturbed just released this.

Before you listen, conjour up in your mind what you are about to hear based on the description for the video on Youtube: "If you or someone you know is struggling with drug/alcohol addiction or having thoughts of suicide, contact the following:"

You'll be bang on.

Herein lies my real problem with this crapfest. This shit is a BLATANT attempt to cash in (with a radio friendly track), on those with mental health issues. It's just so bloody obvious.

You can get they wouldn't donate some or all album sale profits to mental health organisations!

Luckily I've rinsed my ears out with the new Gus G single (instrumental only).

Stop it.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Funniest part about that Disturbed crap, is they are copyright striking Youtubers doing reaction videos on it.

I'd have thought they'd want as much exposure as possibly in hope that Triple M or Mix106.5 or Smooth 95.3 pick it up and start playing it.

Disturbed were fucked the minute Ray Hadley played Sounds of Silence on his radio programme. There's no coming back from that.

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: