Opinion Full Metal Racket // Short Fast Loud

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
A voice that will remain long after his passing. Amazing vocals.

This one ... I'm a little confused about how I feel on it. At first I was like "oh this is going to be shit", but I love the way the guitar riffs completely drag the track in a different direction when they change. You'll get what I mean when they hit.. there's about 3 or 4 major riff changes and they are all brilliant... BUT... it comes across as a bit all over the place. Almost a bit too busy with guitars, symph, synth, operatic vocals, growl vocals, cleans.

And finally there's the lead singer who about half way though the clip runs out of "I'm trying to be sexy" or "stereotypical metal" moves.

Towards the end it's like theres a producer off camera going "GIVE ME SEXY" "GIVE ME METAL" "SNUGGLE YOUR CLEVAGE" "annnnnnd now turn sideways and look at the camera".

Give it a punch and tell me if it's just me or not on this one.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

This one ... I'm a little confused about how I feel on it. At first I was like "oh this is going to be shit", but I love the way the guitar riffs completely drag the track in a different direction when they change. You'll get what I mean when they hit.. there's about 3 or 4 major riff changes and they are all brilliant... BUT... it comes across as a bit all over the place. Almost a bit too busy with guitars, symph, synth, operatic vocals, growl vocals, cleans.

And finally there's the lead singer who about half way though the clip runs out of "I'm trying to be sexy" or "stereotypical metal" moves.

Towards the end it's like theres a producer off camera going "GIVE ME SEXY" "GIVE ME METAL" "SNUGGLE YOUR CLEVAGE" "annnnnnd now turn sideways and look at the camera".

That is terrible directing.

Ted Nü-Djent

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

CF8E8B96-BA0F-4DDC-9C6B-E90E388B251C.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
That image just reminds me of the memes of this

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Is that Jimmy Barnes? Or William Shatner? Or someone unrelated?
Jimmy Barnes. It's from a dance song that he collaborated on about a year ago. It was so ridiculously terrible that everyone thought it was a joke. It wasn't.

Best comment I saw on the original video:

"when you've already busted a nut but she keeps on sucking"

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Of course, as with anything else that is completely ridiculous, it lead to some great memes

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

Best Soulfly track in 10 years.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
New Revocation sounds very Sepultura

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
That image just reminds me of the memes of this

Oh yeah there are some good memes associated with it. I seen a couple yesterday to do with "when you kick your little toe on the furniture" and "when you crush your nuts"

Also seen another that someone added it to the trailer for Red Dead Redemption.