Opinion Full Metal Racket // Short Fast Loud

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Bit of a confusing lineup imho.

Might be unpopular with my opinion but Frenzal and Me First and the Gimme Gimmes, are rather out of place in what effectively is a metal/metalcore festival.

I dunno .. I kinda expected "more", than a few old school metal bands (Ozzy / Anthrax / Judas / Slayer), a few newer metal bands, and then a bunch of filler.

Almost comes across as a "combined metal retirement tour", with some other bands chucked in you've probably never heard of.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pretty shitty line up. I'm a bit disappointed to be honest.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Might be unpopular with my opinion but Frenzal and Me First and the Gimme Gimmes, are rather out of place in what effectively is a metal/metalcore festival.

I dunno .. I kinda expected "more", than a few old school metal bands (Ozzy / Anthrax / Judas / Slayer), a few newer metal bands, and then a bunch of filler.

Almost comes across as a "combined metal retirement tour", with some other bands chucked in you've probably never heard of.
Yea I think it's a rule that frenzal are included in every aussie festival lol..

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Slayer, AIC, Ozzie, Judas, Ghost, Anthrax, Behemoth, Me First and the Gimme Gimmes., Frenzal

Well worth the ridiculous amount of money they'll charge.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

It is a very odd line up. But if you think Frenzal is out of place, try listening to Luca Brasi. They're peak Triple J pop music.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Some of the other bands are a female group that openly sells itself as hardcore punk feminist band, a band that sounds like a mix of Lincoln Park, FFDP and some emo band, and their only famous song is a Taylor Swift cover song, and the rest are hardcore punk bands.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
There is one interesting one. The Fever 333 is apparently a super group lead by the singer of Letlive.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
Read: Needs moar good cop bad cop vocals bands in the lineup.
omg last year i was in the tent while they started playing as it was raining at the time, they were incredibly cringe and i decided i'd rather get drenched in the storm then listen to them for 1 more second

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
That War on Women Feminist band.... only one member is female ... LOL how the fuck does that work?

The lineup sounds like the headliners were selected by Triple J's Three Hours of Power (yes that long ago), and Triple J's unearthed picked the rest.

Ted Nü-Djent

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

There’s still more announcements to be made.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
There’s still more announcements to be made.
Which will all depend on the amount of tickets sold early. They'll have some deals with big name acts. If they sell many tickets early then they'll announce big name acts. If they sell a small amount of tickets then it'll be some nobody bands.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
There is one interesting one. The Fever 333 is apparently a super group lead by the singer of Letlive.

Yeah, they're Butlers new band.

I've been trying to like them but I've struggled to get into them.

Dude is one of the craziest front men I've ever encountered, in person though he's one of the most chilled guys I've met.