Opinion Full Metal Racket // Short Fast Loud

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Machine Head just dropped their new single. Can't believe a band that gave us Burn my eyes could give us shit like this?!?!?!

I get that bands evolve BUT come on. What's with this singy sooky crying vocals? Maybe I'm old lol. Is this what they call nu metal? Sing a long bits? Uurrrgghhh.
I just listened to it. I honestly don't know how to react. There's so much variation there. There's a mix of new In Flames, old Machine Head, a bit of Metalcore, something that sounds almost like dance music.

Honestly some of the song actually sounds good but it constantly jumps between "good" and "what the fuck is this?"

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Bang on with your description Hacky... it jumps from 3/10 to 9/10 constantly throughout the song.

It almost seems like the bridge/chorus should have been from a different song to the verses. As if they wrote 2 good songs and went "shit can't fit it on the CD, lets combine them".

First track was rubbish, this one is "meh".

Not looking good for the new album... it's like the worst bits of Supercharger so far.

On another note, not sure who produced the most recent Trivium album, but fuck it's clean and punchy. They've done a brilliant job.

Last edited:

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I listened to a podcast with Robb Flynn from MH.. He's completely upfront in saying that this new record is not going to be what people want. It's garbage though lol.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I listened to a podcast with Robb Flynn from MH.. He's completely upfront in saying that this new record is not going to be what people want. It's garbage though lol.
"we realised we haven't alienated all our fans so we made this album just to piss off the few fans we have left"

Honestly I love Machine Head but I went to their Australian concert and there was maybe 2,000 people there tops. They just keep pissing off their fans.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
New album out from The Atomic Bitchwax. Found it odd they used this as the single as it's no where near the best song on the album. Really good album. Classic Rock/Stoner metal.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
New Feared album is out too for some Ola goodness. This is the Instrumental version of the album. The version with vocals is out as well

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Funniest shit I've seen all day. The only thing funnier than this is the comments taking the piss out of Ministry

@Realist90 @CaptainJackson

Fight!

BTW, apparently there's a Captain Jack on this forum. That's confusing.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Btw, that's not parody. That's a Ministry song supporting Antifa

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Funniest shit I've seen all day. The only thing funnier than this is the comments taking the piss out of Ministry

@Realist90 @CaptainJackson

Fight!

BTW, apparently there's a Captain Jack on this forum. That's confusing.
SOrry bro i could not get throughout 30 seconds of that shit. YOU know what’s iironically funny? That’s what ANTIFA is and their sympathiszers act like they’re smarter than a regular joe all because they can accept someone that identifies as a carrot

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Good to see there is a bit of a Metal community on here. What is everyone's favourite albums from this year?
Latest Trivium is good. Also Troldhaugen - Idio+syncrasies

Alestorm - No Grave but the Sea

Mors Principum Est - Embers of a Dying World

Sólstafir - Berdreyminn

Woflheart - Tyhjyys

There's a few others I missed

Ted Nü-Djent

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Latest Trivium is good. Also Troldhaugen - Idio+syncrasies

Alestorm - No Grave but the Sea

Mors Principum Est - Embers of a Dying World

Sólstafir - Berdreyminn

Woflheart - Tyhjyys

There's a few others I missed
Liked for Sólstafir

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
SOrry bro i could not get throughout 30 seconds of that shit. YOU know what’s iironically funny? That’s what ANTIFA is and their sympathiszers act like they’re smarter than a regular joe all because they can accept someone that identifies as a carrot
It gets worse. The song literally asks for people to rise up and use violence against the Fascists. But the comments are glorious. Just a massive amount of people spamming "Fuck Antifa" and calling Antifa a terrorist group.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It gets worse. The song literally asks for people to rise up and use violence against the Fascists. But the comments are glorious. Just a massive amount of people spamming "Fuck Antifa" and calling Antifa a terrorist group.
It’s not common to see that the only facts are found in the comment sections haha.