Opinion Full Metal Racket // Short Fast Loud

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't mind Halestorm, but that intro just annoyed me. If you want to amp the crowd up, you come on with your hardest hitting song. Instead, she sang a 5 minute solo audition for The Voice.
I didn't mind these guys.
That was my position on stage 2 until the end of halestorm

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Perfect. Honestly, I have been annoyed recently by the fact that some of the best can't hold up vocally any more. Bruce Dickinson struggles. Rob Halford can barely hold a note. But Phil sounded as good as day one. Which is surprising considering the near grindcore stuff he's being doing lately.
That's me and my daughter just before all hell breaks out haha.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I didn't mind these guys.
That was my position on stage 2 until the end of halestorm
Thy Art are good. They lost many fans when they sacked their singer, but I honestly couldn't tell the difference between the old singer and the new singer.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
New Battlesnake track is good. They have heavily adopted a Zeppelin sound for this one. Not as heavy as their other tracks but still solid

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just attended Bring Me The Horizon's final show here in Brisbane.

First act Daine was atrocious, full auto tune and I'm positive she was lip syncing and even the two guitarists seemed to be faking it.

Make Them Suffer were great and got to mood boosted.

Sleep Token were also very good but I still struggle to fully get their vibe. Very different to BMTH but enjoyable nonetheless.

BMTH were on point. Oly's vocals have come tenfold even since they last played here at Good Things in 2022. Even slapped in a song from Count Your Blessings. Plenty of confetti, smoke, fire and lasers to keep you interested. Few songs I wish they'd do but that's personal preference more than anything.

Overall very good night and since I'm old, the 10pm curfew at Riverstage suits me just fine haha.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Went to suffocation gig on Friday. Good clean 1990s brutal death metal