Frustrated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave0175

Waterboy
Reaction score
All year i have been waiting for something to happen
The more i watch the more i wonder from who ?
I love the bulldogs and its been heart breaking watching week in week out ...
I share everyone heres heartbreakevery game ...
Looking back at the last few weeks we have had a tough assignment.
Cowboys dragons newcastle manly broncos Cowboys souths
We got the goodies against dragons newcastle manly...
But even in those games we really didn'tset the world on fire in attack...
So where does our attack come from ... like you mentioned tolman taking the ball up on 4th or fifth tackle isnt really threatening the line neither is mbye or reynolds being tackled on 4th or 5th
We have a flat attack with zero game plan in opposition 30 ... and by flat i mean it in the literal sense ... thats ok for teams with jt or cronk or a half that can deliver in traffic ... but our halves can't... their flat passing is terrible at the line ... im forever sick and tired of watching our centers double back to pick the ball up off the ground or at worst get smashed when they recieve it ...
Not only that we dont have any support options either !!!
Hopper is no where to be seen in attacking plays on their line ...
Our forwards are delivering passes that our halves cant ...
Maybe in the semi they will get some depth to their attack ... or maybe they won't...
I cant see the entire blame resting on desthough ...
When they train flat attack works because theiris no offence ...
The halves need to have the brain and maturity to set the attack either flat deep or support play runs ...
Our forwards are doing an amazing job just keeping us in the game ... but its our 9 7 6 and 1 that should be winning us the games ...
Go back to the 80s 90s lamb and mortimer gearin ...
I remember a set play that started on the opposition 10meter line that had our winger on the halfway ... but those plays we called during the game by our halves ...
Whose calling what ?
Frustrated to say the least !!!
Anyway im rambling on because im just annoyed ... but i will stay a true dog for life ... win lose or draw ...
All i can say is bring back the biff !
And commend our forwards for the amazing job their doing ... Hopefully we can sign keiran for next year ... or even someone with a real halves mentality ...
Lets not beat up des entirely ... look at the roster...
If they can't deliver ... piss them off
The coach dosent pass the ball 20 metersbackwards to josh morris on game day neither does he give stupid penalties away in attacking positions of the field ... actually he doesn't lose the ball when playing it either...
Its not just des' game plan that sucks ... its the execution that lets us all down

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
It looks as if every player is being forced to play out of their natural position. They do not look comfortable or interested. They often look all at sea. There must be some deeper issue that nobody is prepared to discuss.

Dogs of war76

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Des keeps saying we have to hold the ball, not that easy when we stand so flat and as soon as someone is getting the ball, the defender is in there face about to smash them
The Joe Burgess run away try is the perfect example of this, get deep and run onto the ball ffs, instead of just standing there flat footed next to each other

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Des should have have been tweaking the line up and game plan all year. Try a few things. I.e Reynolds off the bench sharing dummy half role with Licha, or start with Garvey and bring on Licha. B Morris in the centres or fullback. T.rex dropped permanently, never to be seen again. Second phase play. Attacking bombs to Ronas wing. Trying another player with the captaincy (maybe Josh Morris) giving RFM more game time and freedom to offload (with blokes running off his shoulder) ........just ANYTHING different to the same old Same old same old same old

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wet ground last night. Perfect for grubbers into the in-goal, or forcing wingers over the sideline. Great for high bombs short of the tryline. What did we do? Kick the bloody thing dead all night, and stand around holding the ball waiting for inspiration that never came.

Dave0175

Waterboy
Reaction score
Something has to give or its out the door week 1 ... we just cant compete against team that have better organisers than we do

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I have never seen a team with its core playing roster having played together for as long as our team, play as disjointed as our team plays for as long as our team has in 40 years

It's beyond a joke now

Winds of change

It's what's required

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I can see all the off season articles. Josh Reynolds saying he's matured and he'll be better in 2017 (even though he'll be 28). Moses saying his first year at halfback was hard but him and Josh are forming good combinations in the off-season. Lichaa will say he's the fittest he's ever been, he's going to be able to put his attack and defence together in 2017. Then we'll expect a 31 year old winger to fill in for Hoppa when we get 10 Sunday games next year.

Then we will be served up the same style of game. We'll expect to do things the same and expect different results. More rubbish like completion rates will be blamed. It's very easy to be frustrated with the club board, management and coach.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So we have both our props playing 6 & 7

Our 6 & 7 playing as centres

We have a centre/winger playing FB

We have a prop playing second row with two second rowers sitting on the bench, with one of the benchies lucky to see 10min a game

We have Rona a left sided winger who this year has played - left wing, left centre, right centre & right wing

We have a recruiter on 400k who is more interested in recruiting meat pies over talented footballers

Last but not least we have a fűhrer pretending to be a coach

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nothing will change hasler ,cleal , Castle need to go spring clean rebuild

Dogs of war76

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Maybe instead of strutting around Belmore sports ground for the fox cameras to take video of, for there promos, they could actually be practicing an attacking game plan, or even some sort of bloody kicking game

Reaction score
we've blown a massive opportunity, this was a year to capitalize
- pretty good run with injuries / suspensions
- no souths, roosters, eels, manly in the 8
- no real origin decimation

a clean run through the year squandered

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we've blown a massive opportunity, this was a year to capitalize
- pretty good run with injuries / suspensions
- no souths, roosters, eels, manly in the 8
- no real origin decimation

a clean run through the year squandered
That's been pretty much 2016, fans left wondering when we would turn the corner. It's being really frustrating for the fans cannot wait for the madness to end.
[URL[/URL]

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're literally the laughing stock of the comp at the moment, its been going on all year but its only now that everyone else is starting to notice. Complete garbage from a team stacked with players with rep experience. It is beyond belief that we take up a whole attacking set with one out hit ups and then set up for one half arsed attacking play that looks completely unrehearsed. Can't wait for next week when we get toweled up by a side with a makeshift 5/8 and an 18 year old halfback

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Des keeps saying we have to hold the ball, not that easy when we stand so flat and as soon as someone is getting the ball, the defender is in there face about to smash them
The Joe Burgess run away try is the perfect example of this, get deep and run onto the ball ffs, instead of just standing there flat footed next to each other
That is exactly right. Playing flat has a high error rate. The last team to use it well was the roosters when the won few years back. Teams that play flat know they are going to make errors, but they are confident in their attack.
You need fast spiral passes hitting the mark when playing flat, as there isn't much margin for error with the defence in your face.
We are playing flat with the slowest, most pathetic passing Iv ever seen at nrl level.
It also allows you to put grubber kicks in as the defensive line is always rushing at flat attacking structures. Des has taken a good attacking structure and turned it to the worst ever.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks as if every player is being forced to play out of their natural position. They do not look comfortable or interested. They often look all at sea. There must be some deeper issue that nobody is prepared to discuss.
This is about power, control and stifled creativity resulting in predictable heartless play.
HR issue - we ALL hate working for a control freak micro managing boss.

We play flat.
We look flat.
We are obviously NOT into it - we are going through the motions.

There you go Des - I didn't pass to xyz in space / I didn't support the ball runner / I don't call for the ball when we are 3 on 2,
because its not in the game plan and we don't want Des getting angry. (which was mentioned 3 times in the article by Mbye, Klemer and Eastwood last week).

What a shit job playing under Des must be.

Also agree with Papa Het - its beyond a joke.
Also agree with pisssst (nice brief analysis above) - true and hardly surprising isn't Kimorley on the coaching team?

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
This is about power, control and stifled creativity resulting in predictable heartless play.
HR issue - we ALL hate working for a control freak micro managing boss.

We play flat.
We look flat.
We are obviously NOT into it - we are going through the motions.

There you go Des - I didn't pass to xyz in space / I didn't support the ball runner / I don't call for the ball when we are 3 on 2,
because its not in the game plan and we don't want Des getting angry. (which was mentioned 3 times in the article by Mbye, Klemer and Eastwood last week).

What a shit job playing under Des must be.

Also agree with Papa Het - its beyond a joke.
Also agree with pisssst (nice brief analysis above) - true and hardly surprising isn't Kimorley on the coaching team?
Noddy was only here in 2012 and then got offered the assistant coaching job at the raiders and took it. He only lasted one season as raiders got Ricky, and the 1st thing he did was get rid of noddy. Bad blood there from their shark days.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're literally the laughing stock of the comp at the moment, its been going on all year but its only now that everyone else is starting to notice. Complete garbage from a team stacked with players with rep experience. It is beyond belief that we take up a whole attacking set with one out hit ups and then set up for one half arsed attacking play that looks completely unrehearsed. Can't wait for next week when we get toweled up by a side with a makeshift 5/8 and an 18 year old halfback
Am embarrassed about this.
Embarrassed that our team has video posts -'Is this the worst set of 6 in the history of the nrl'.

Status
Not open for further replies.