French Open !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The way Nadal plays his body wont last another 5 yrs. He had to play 100% to beat Federer, Fed will be around long after Nadal unless ofcourse he just wants retire aka Kelly Slater.

smarty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah players like nadal usually stay around for just a few years. amelie mauresmo is another example of this.

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The way Nadal plays his body wont last another 5 yrs. He had to play 100% to beat Federer, Fed will be around long after Nadal unless ofcourse he just wants retire aka Kelly Slater.

Federer is 5 yrs older, but I get what you mean.

Is it possible that Nadal has peaked already

spikestar

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He wouldve kicked Rafa's ass :p
i def. agree. i reckon with the way that Federer played that final, even if his opponent was Nadal, he still would've won. He played very well, esp in the first set. It only took him like 23 mins or something for him 2 take the first set.

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i def. agree. i reckon with the way that Federer played that final, even if his opponent was Nadal, he still would've won. He played very well, esp in the first set. It only took him like 23 mins or something for him 2 take the first set.

On top of that, he beat Nadal on clay in Spain just last month

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Federer is 5 yrs older, but I get what you mean.

Is it possible that Nadal has peaked already
I know federer is older but when you watch Nadal play he is going 100%, the way he slides on his ankles is not good for anybody lol.

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I know federer is older but when you watch Nadal play he is going 100%, the way he slides on his ankles is not good for anybody lol.

He chases every ball as well, thats not bad it shows determination

But sometimes he has to know when not to chase.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He chases every ball as well, thats not bad it shows determination

But sometimes he has to know when not to chase.
Yea i know im not putting him down, just saying his body probaly wont hold up for a long career at that pace. My legs are dead after 5 hrs of walking let alone tennis.

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yea i know im not putting him down, just saying his body probaly wont hold up for a long career at that pace. My legs are dead after 5 hrs of walking let alone tennis.

Yeah, and now he has knee problems at 23.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Federer is all class, he has longevity to your game. Best of all time hands down, fi he retires today.

But there is still more to come ;)

Nadal is a freak, awesome player. I agree his form will not last as long, simple because he relies on physical peak to out beat his opponent. And that is something which catches up with everyone.

Moronic Musings

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Federer is all class, he has longevity to your game. Best of all time hands down, fi he retires today.

But there is still more to come ;)

Nadal is a freak, awesome player. I agree his form will not last as long, simple because he relies on physical peak to out beat his opponent. And that is something which catches up with everyone.
and brilliant top spin and countering shots ...
want me to name a few more :p

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
Really happy for Federer, he's the best i've ever seen and a real ambassador for the game. Only wish he wouldn't tear up as much. I know it meant a lot to him and it might just be me, but I hate seeing a grown man cry because of sport. Ryan Hoffman anyone? And when is the last time someone saw a player win a Grand Slam and not fall to the court, gives me the ****s. This is probably a bit harsh and irrelevant but anyway, good on ya Federer, the best player of the modern era.

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Really happy for Federer, he's the best i've ever seen and a real ambassador for the game. Only wish he wouldn't tear up as much. I know it meant a lot to him and it might just be me, but I hate seeing a grown man cry because of sport. Ryan Hoffman anyone? And when is the last time someone saw a player win a Grand Slam and not fall to the court, gives me the ****s. This is probably a bit harsh and irrelevant but anyway, good on ya Federer, the best player of the modern era.

lol, they all want to copy Bjrn Borg

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Meh you guys train all ur life and see if u dont cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.