French lawnmowers approve full veil ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
The best thing would be to send all the worlds mask wearing people back to Islam where they came from, then they could all wear whatever masks they want whenever they want.

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score
I agree, pathetic, who cares what they wear. I have to put up with huge women wearing tights or dirty winos in trains, are they going to ban that as well
Your not allowed to wear a balaclava out in public so why should it be different for people who wear the full face veil

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
I am not allowed to wear a monkey mask and i am black ffs

JackTheLad

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your not allowed to wear a balaclava out in public so why should it be different for people who wear the full face veil
So you are saying balaclavas are only made for people to wear in the privacy of their homes?

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think it's bollocks that people are using the 'but it's a religious thing' argument. That just shows how much power religion has in today's society.

The whole burqa thing, it is covering up the identity of a person, and quite frankly you have the choice to not dwell in that country and if you immigrate there you should be liable to follow their laws and cultural beliefs. I'm pretty sure that would be the same (vice-versa) in varying Islamic countries so why should we have to put up with double standards on a religious basis?

It's not a case of disrespecting or disregarding the religion itself, it is a case of certain peoples being able to mask their identity and that is showing a double standard in the fact that you can't wear something like a balaclava in public or even tint all of your windows as that masks identity, so why should you be able to wear something equally as concealing on a religious basis? Religion is not a legitimate fact, so you cannot use it to justify something.

It's all well and good to be accepting of cultures, but it is not a requirement and if something another culture of people bring to a country is percieved as dangerous or some variation of that then I think a country has the right to take action against preventing that.

luke

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
the laws and inherent culture of each nation should be respected over any religous beliefs imo

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
People need to look past the cultural and religious aspects. This law was introduced for security purposes.

I'd have no problem if it was introduced here.

JackTheLad

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's all well and good to be accepting of cultures, but it is not a requirement and if something another culture of people bring to a country is percieved as dangerous or some variation of that then I think a country has the right to take action against preventing that.
We are a migrant nation mate and this country is made up of all sorts of cultures. Not sure why it is bothering you why people choose to wear what they do. I may not like it either and it may make me uncomfortable but tough shyte. I am not going to force people to conform to what I like or dislike.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
People need to look past the cultural and religious aspects. This law was introduced for security purposes.

I'd have no problem if it was introduced here.
Yes, but those against are arguing on a religious basis. That's my problem. I'm completely in favour of the ruling and so are at least 335 other people.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We are a migrant nation mate and this country is made up of all sorts of cultures. Not sure why it is bothering you why people choose to wear what they do. I may not like it either and it may make me uncomfortable but tough shyte. I am not going to force people to conform to what I like or dislike.
It's not about liking or disliking. It's about security and people feeling safe.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It doesn't bother me what other people wear, you've just assumed that. What I'm saying is that if a certain country sees it fit to take action against something that has been introduced by immigrant which effects security or the culture of the nation then that country should have the right or at least have a legitimate reason to take some form of action against it. Safety is something that should also be enjoyed by everyone.

Do you think if they were wearing shiny sandals as a cultural thing it would be a problem? No way, this is to do with masking identity, not with a lack of acceptance for another culture.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, but those against are arguing on a religious basis. That's my problem. I'm completely in favour of the ruling and so are at least 335 other people.
Yeah well tough. People have evolved, society has evolved and countries has evolved. And in time, religions will/should evolve to suit.

JackTheLad

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you think if they were wearing shiny sandals as a cultural thing it would be a problem? No way, this is to do with masking identity, not with a lack of acceptance for another culture.
I don't know if you remember a few years ago the french introduced a law where muslim women were not allowed to cover their hair in any public organisation. so girls who cover their hair at school or women who cover their hair at work were refused entry.

This is not about security mate. It is fear of what you don't understand

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
Ha! The Australia I used to live in people like you and me were called greasy wogs and openly mocked. The Australia I used to live in Aborigines were not allowed to vote even though they are the indigenous inhabitants.

We have come a long way since then and became an egalitarian nations where people's diversity are accepted.

Now the bigots are getting their voice back and cheered on by other bigots and piss weak morons.
I never grew up in Australia that did not allow Aborigines to vote. That was before my time and most on here unless you grew up prior to 1965. Maybe you were a greasy wog!!

I don't mind people practicing their religion as long as it is not forced upon me. My tenants are Muslim and they are lovely people!!

Can you tell my why I cannot walk into punchbowl KFC and grab a burger with Bacon on it? That is a freedom that has been taken away from me and just a small example! Why?

If you want to look at bigots and piss weak morons then you only need to look at Sharia Law, the people that enforce it and what it stands for.

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
Yeah well tough. People have evolved, society has evolved and countries has evolved. And in time, religions will/should evolve to suit.
Religions will not evolve. They are all taught to hate.

One day someone will fire a missile. Another 50 will go off and and it will be the end of us all.

all in the name in some make believe deity.

JackTheLad

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never grew up in Australia that did not allow Aborigines to vote. That was before my time and most on here unless you grew up prior to 1965. Maybe you were a greasy wog!!

I don't mind people practicing their religion as long as it is not forced upon me. My tenants are Muslim and they are lovely people!!

Can you tell my why I cannot walk into punchbowl KFC and grab a burger with Bacon on it? That is a freedom that has been taken away from me and just a small example! Why?

If you want to look at bigots and piss weak morons then you only need to look at Sharia Law, the people that enforce it and what it stands for.
Then go somewhere else. I bet you work for the public service

Status
Not open for further replies.