Free entry to games

Status
Not open for further replies.

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yesterday was great but it got me thinking, why doesnt the NRL do what it can to ensure that we always have such massive crowds at games. Sure we had to give away a ton of free tickets in order to get the crowd to 40k, but why not do this more often? Isnt having 40k people at a game, even if only half of them pay for entry better than having 20k people. Food and merchendise sales would be higher, as well as revenue for parking and public transport. It also makes it much more enjoyable to be at a game when there is a big crowd, and it even makes it look better on TV.

If we played a team like the Eels yesterday I think the crowd would've even been over 60k. By giving people a chance to watch the game for free for a while they will grow to love going to games and over time will want to become members and go to games no matter what. This doesnt just apply to Bulldogs games, all clubs could do something like this.

If the NRL could give out a heap of free tickets, maybe just to people who are members of any rugby league club and say 4 of their friends, over say an 8 week period, and get as many people as possible to go experience what its like to be at the footy then I think we could see long term benifits.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Exactly

Would much rather have 40,000 @ $10 a ticket > 20,000 @ $20 a ticket

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah would of been good if this fridays games a double header.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
or perhaps even getting dropped off may be a solution :o

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Na **** it off, traffic was a nightmare yday
Id rather spend a bit more time travelling than sit in an 80,000 seat stadium that only has 15,000 people in it. Seriously, when there's less thank 20k you can hear people cough on the other side of the stadium.

S

Snake Jailbird

Id rather spend a bit more time travelling than sit in an 80,000 seat stadium that only has 15,000 people in it. Seriously, when there's less thank 20k you can hear people cough on the other side of the stadium.
Yeah i agree with that. All except the traffic it was a nightmare.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Woah, woah, slow down. you're using way too much common sense there. What do you think this is? A well run league or something? Are you crazy? :p

They should do exactly what they did yesterday alot more often to boost crowds.

As you said, people/families spending money on parking (although as Kenny said, getting out was a nightmare) food, drinks etc after getting a free ticket is better than no one spending money on anything if those people who got the free tickets didn't go to the games at all.

S

Snake Jailbird

Maybe u should catch public transport btrain
oh wait everytime u do that u end up going on a rampage and smashing the carriage

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Drive to Lidcombe, catch the sprint train.

That's what I do. Plenty of free parking, no traffic. awwww yeah

~stacie

Michael Ennis ♥
Reaction score
The buses were packed on sunday and the trains werent running on the bankstown line, as well.
they weren't running on the inner west line either.
city rail = fail, as per usual :p

S

Snake Jailbird

Yeah so no trains and buses packed, lets all catch public transport and cripple a system thats already crippled

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Who do you decide gets thr free tickets? Id be pissed off paying knowing others get in for free.

~stacie

Michael Ennis ♥
Reaction score
Oh harsh! by the way speaking of cripple my flatmate wants words with u, u buckled his shoulders lol
ohmygosh, tell him im soooo sorry & thank him x 100000000000000.
it was v. nice of him to do that :love:
LOL.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Ok well then if this is going to happen for alot of games, what is the point of people being members or paying for tickets, they might just wait around for free tickets.

They need to continue the push for memberships and LOWER ticket prices, as people have said, 30000 at $10-15 or 15000 at $25-30.

Status
Not open for further replies.