Frank Pritchard on life support

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Must have copped Delta, as the bloke is still an absolute beast in terms of fitness. If it can put a 38 yr old incredibly fit bloke like big Frank the Tank in an induced coma, is it any wonder this bastard of a thing is doing an absolute number on our older / weaker generation, and/or those with underlying health conditions.

Thankfully the numbers appear to be dropping with Omicron taking over Delta by a huge margin, so *fingers crossed* the worst is over, and another bad mutation doesn't arrive.

Speaking of *fingers crossed*, being put on an artificial ventilation machine in an induced coma is bloody brutal on your lungs, even moreso when there can be fluid related complications. Sounds like Frankie is starting a long road to recovery, but hopefully the worst of Covid is behind him now.

Stay strong and keeping fighting Tank, and I wish your family and friends (and anyone else out there fighting this terrible thing), can remain strong and fight it tooth, so that hopefully we can finally rid society of Covid in 2022.
You can't predict how it will affect individuals really. Yes the stats say that older and immuno-comprimised people are at greatest risk, but plenty of otherwise fit people have had severe to fatal effects. Many under 30s too. Frank is asthmatic apparently (it always amazes me that asthmatics play pro sport) which probably increases his risk. Being an asthmatic myself, I'm double vaxxed and cautious. I've also smoked most of my life (I know, I know). Funnily enough they reckon that smokers are actually less affected by covid, but I shan't be testing the theory anytime soon.

I don't want to join the vax/anti-vax argument, but just want to make this point. I have been critical of the anti-vax movement at times, but when it comes to one of your own that is facing death from covid, who may not be vaccinated, the argument becomes irrelevant. Just like I choose to smoke, or others choose to drink a lot, do drugs or eat junk, we don't feel less sympathy if they have serious consequences from those choices. Or do we? I don't think we should, because at the end of the day, very few of us are angels, and do one or more things that put our lives at risk. So be opposed to anti-vaxxers all you want, but when it comes to a discussion on a much loved former Bulldog struggling with the virus, leave it out aye.

Malla

Reaction score
You can't predict how it will affect individuals really. Yes the stats say that older and immuno-comprimised people are at greatest risk, but plenty of otherwise fit people have had severe to fatal effects. Many under 30s too. Frank is asthmatic apparently (it always amazes me that asthmatics play pro sport) which probably increases his risk. Being an asthmatic myself, I'm double vaxxed and cautious. I've also smoked most of my life (I know, I know). Funnily enough they reckon that smokers are actually less affected by covid, but I shan't be testing the theory anytime soon.

I don't want to join the vax/anti-vax argument, but just want to make this point. I have been critical of the anti-vax movement at times, but when it comes to one of your own that is facing death from covid, who may not be vaccinated, the argument becomes irrelevant. Just like I choose to smoke, or others choose to drink a lot, do drugs or eat junk, we don't feel less sympathy if they have serious consequences from those choices. Or do we? I don't think we should, because at the end of the day, very few of us are angels, and do one or more things that put our lives at risk. So be opposed to anti-vaxxers all you want, but when it comes to a discussion on a much loved former Bulldog struggling with the virus, leave it out aye.
Even tho he is asthmatic, he played first grade for more than a decade. At the top level. Didn’t hide on the wing or anything, bloke was in the engine room. Would not expect it to do this to him man. Glad he’s on the mend, and things are looking better. I am sure Gus will have something planned for him and his family this season at the Dogs.
Can’t wait to see him back at belmore

Last edited:

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sad to hear on this scary news. Love his smile, character, and performances on the field, seems like a good bloke too. Praying for Frank the tank on a speedy recovery. Thanks for sharing the news

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even tho he is asthmatic, he played first grade for more than a decade. At the top level. Didn’t hide on the wing or anything, bloke was in the engine room. Would not expect it to do this to him man. Glad he’s on the mend, and things are looking better. I am sure Gus will have something planned for him and his family this season at the Dogs.
Can’t wait to see him back at belmore
Being asthmatic doesn't tell you much anyway. You can have mild to severe asthma. Mild is easily managed, whereas severe can be life threatening. I've never had an asthma attack that has required me to go to the hospital, but that is what some sufferers deal with.

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome looks like he's got through the worst of it. Was devastated last night after I read what happened to him

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Actually asthmatics are (slightly) LESS likely to get COVID, studies show.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not saying it was a beat up. But you can be put into ICU, without being on deaths door

Some patients with coronavirus are taken to intensive care units (ICU) to be given some extra help to combat the disease.

Awaits the attacking mobs with burning sticks.

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Cranky Franky is a Dog to the bone.. A great clubman and sadly missed around the place.

Godspeed mate, beat this shit disease and hang around for another 30 or 40 years.
Go Franky! One of the few Bulldogs players in recent years that played with heart, as opposed to the current crop of pea-hearts we have!

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not saying it was a beat up. But you can be put into ICU, without being on deaths door

Some patients with coronavirus are taken to intensive care units (ICU) to be given some extra help to combat the disease.

Asthma + COVID-19 + Collapsed lungs + Coma = DANGER

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score

He had a collapsed lung. So yeh ICU.