Opinion Fox for captaincy.?

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Should be burto. Bring him out of his shell let him run the team hopefully gives him a lot more confidence aswell
Not sure captaincy should be given to a player to bring them out of their shell. IMO, Burton is a future captain but nowhere near ready in 23 and it would hamper his development as a playmaker. We need him to focus on his development as a 6 and not worry about captaining the side

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure captaincy should be given to a player to bring them out of their shell. IMO, Burton is a future captain but nowhere near ready in 23 and it would hamper his development as a playmaker. We need him to focus on his development as a 6 and not worry about captaining the side
Ha! Funny, as I just mentioned Burton coming out of his shell in response to his Insta shout out to the fans video. He seems to have matured a bit, and got more relaxed with being a rising star. Probably still too early to be captain though, but I have faith that Ciro Et al will make the right call.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
RFM would be a chance, Burton or Mahoney could take over if Ray was subbed off

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What happens if moses comes and he wants to be captain? Cause sure as shit he doesnt listen to his current captain now...

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The longer this drags out the more i reckon they'll name a 'leadership group' with co captains being fox, rfm and mahoney.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you haven’t noticed how highly respected JAC is by the other players, how much he inspires and lifts them, then you haven’t been watching …

A captain is someone the other players look up to, someone they want to follow not let down and do their upmost for ..

I believe JAC will be captain & Burto vice captain ..

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Confidence will bring him out of his shell. Being a captain and leader will give him confidence.
I’m pretty sure one of the boys said burto has been talking up a lot more at training and showing leadership. Good signs for him. Hopefully a big year

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Confidence will bring him out of his shell. Being a captain and leader will give him confidence.
I’m pretty sure one of the boys said burto has been talking up a lot more at training and showing leadership. Good signs for him. Hopefully a big year
I think Burton has a huge year. If he had a half to share the attacking load with, he would go even better. Having a player like Kiks outside him will give him time, space and a target. Will be good for JAC and who ever is lucky enough to play centre on that side. As the Bulldogs are building IMO captaincy would put unnecessary pressure on him. Fox for me is the clear leader of the squad.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I think Burton has a huge year. If he had a half to share the attacking load with, he would go even better. Having a player like Kiks outside him will give him time, space and a target. Will be good for JAC and who ever is lucky enough to play centre on that side. As the Bulldogs are building IMO captaincy would put unnecessary pressure on him. Fox for me is the clear leader of the squad.
Yeah but I’ve always thought captain should be a spine player.
Josh is a leader though and I wouldn’t be mad about him as captain. Love the fox

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think co-captains for this year with a decision being made for a single captain in 2024. I think it will be between Burton and Mahoney.

Adding that to Burtons responsibility this year, I think would put him more in his shell and be more cautious.

and if it is co-captains JAC will be one of them.

I do not expect an announcement until just before or just after the trials. I am sure many of the coaching and training staff will be watching those identified individuals closely, and they will be developing a feel for who is going to be able to help with the new culture and bring it onto the field.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Id
Fox
Mahoney
Burton
Kiks

Can't complain out of those four, they'll lead well.
add RFM to that list.Whilst Kiks has experience, im not sure i want him to be the spokesman for our team

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
RFM is too nice to be captain.