Opinion Fox for captaincy.?

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Josh addo carr to be the bulldogs captain ive been informed( by an ex player ,he heard at last years bulldogs get together ), if he feels he could handle the role.
First indigenous bulldogs captain if that is the case.
Imo he would be great as our new club captain.
Reed as vc.

dont hang me if it doesn’t turn out that way, just passing on what ive neen told.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
I love the way he’s embraced Canterbury its like when he signed he just went all in on the club and never looked back. I’ll back him all the way only I don’t really like the idea of a winger as skipper. King and Foxx co captains and be done with it I say.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think Ciraldo said clean slate for everyone with preseason and trials to determine. Makes sense.
With more time that passes I actually like the idea of JAC as captain.
Leadership, experience, winner. Will stand up to the refs yet I think he is mature enough to know when to pick his battles with them. He learnt from arguably one of the best captains in the league after all.
So alot of ticks compared to the rest of the squad I think.

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I like my captain's as 80 minute players, not props who get subbed on and off....

Addo Carr has a great personality and I think will have a great rapport with the Refs moving forward. Obvious choice really outside off Reed, who I think may be captain in the future.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
My only concern is that a captain should be positioned in the middle of the field not out on the wing but apart from that, yes definitely.
This. I dont like centre/winger captains. They cant communicate directly with ppl on the other side of the field without getting out of position.

Top of my head i cant recall any winger Captains. Probably has been a few but they are rare

mez

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This. I dont like centre/winger captains. They cant communicate directly with ppl on the other side of the field without getting out of position.

Top of my head i cant recall any winger Captains. Probably has been a few but they are rare
I think Rod Wishart was? But yeah bloody rare

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
At least he is fast enough to get into the middle of the field if needed to speak to (any) idiot referee.
Its also important that referees give him time to get back to his wing after the “too many penalties” chat.

Remember the Souths game when Cummins called out JJ for a chat, when JJ was playing in the centres after an injury early in the game. Cummins didn’t give him any time at all to get back. Damien Cook attacked where JJ should have been and they scored. Cummins apologised but this should never have happened.

For that reason I would prefer someone closer to the middle. Don’t know who though.

At least he is fast enough to get into the middle of the field if needed to speak to (any) idiot referee.

[/QUOTE]

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
All in for the Foxx, when we were down and out last season he was the one in the huddles always talking and motivating the players.

He was a very consistent performer, he only had 1 or 2 poor games by his standards.

I also believe he will communicate very well with the refs and help us get the rub of the green.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My pick is reed Mahoney, he plays in the middle can play 80mins and is in the spine. Fox is a leader without the C next to his name and is too far out of the action.
Max king
Luke Thompson
Or even Matt Burton as the vice captain.

i wouldn’t put a prop as the captain either because like someone already said they are off the field too often.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

Boland from wests was a winger captain

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah, I think the Fox is a standout leader at our club. If he becomes captain it will bring great profile to our club and improve ref and media relations. I also reckon Fox will manage the trot in and out of the wing well. Might buy us some extra time in defence.Fox will be telling referees.. “give us a sec brah, I gotta trot back to the wing brah”

Last edited:

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My pick is reed Mahoney, he plays in the middle can play 80mins and is in the spine. Fox is a leader without the C next to his name and is too far out of the action.
Max king
Luke Thompson
Or even Matt Burton as the vice captain.

i wouldn’t put a prop as the captain either because like someone already said they are off the field too often.
I’m not a fan of new player captains, especially ones without a history of leadership. I remember seeing the fox wearing the 85 jersey at a cafe. Last year he connected with the culture of the dogs, is the clear leader (with RFM) of the boys and has the teams respect. Fox has earned the C