News Four NRL players including son of Super League legend offered to clubs

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He deserves a shot with us but we persist with the same people weekly, what the potential for him to find another club if he's not seeing 1st grade.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Another reason why Tbaz was fuked to have in charge. Complete shite players constantly getting picked and chances over potential and seeing if that potential has the goods. Unless Gus has had a talk with him and made it good I would walk too.

Dogs Life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This kid gives 100% when he is on the park and he is an integral part of any dressing room. Great asset to any footie club.

But, the perception is that he is too small. He’s had a couple of FG preseasons and maybe the long term view is that he will not get there.

The 23/24 recruitment will be brutal. I would like to see he another top 30 spot but in the end that spot could go to someone that they think adds more value.

Gus’s recruitment plan with Sharpie will have it mapped out to the $ and they won’t put the club in a compromised position. Would Gus make a play for Haas at over $1m. I was thinking not, because it limits your purchasing power for other positions. However Haas is undoubtedly the best prop in the game and can go 80 mins.
Good luck to Toppine if he ends up going.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think that peoples attachment to Topine is more sentimental then talent based. Sure, id love to see him develop into a great player because he is very passionate, and a great clubman. Unfortunately, he hasnt progressed to become a consistent fg player. I know plenty will argue that he has not been given a chance, and perhaps this is true, but to me, hehasnt really shown a whole lot.
I dont believe the club has stifled his development, or they have something against him playing fg. Why would they?? Having a single standout game in reserves doesnt automatically get you a run in fg. Perhaps it should when our fg side is so shit though. Lol

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But who is going to lead the team song ….

Belmore Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
While I don't think Topine would ever be a player that would come back to haunt us in terms of being a star or rep player, I still don't understand why he hasn't had more opportunities in FG with us. I'd rather see him get more games in FG before a decision is made on his future.
Spot on

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get rid of Topine and keep Waddell!!
That’s the bulldogs for ya

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
This kid would literally die for the club. Get rid of the frauds and posers instead.

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This kid gives 100% when he is on the park and he is an integral part of any dressing room. Great asset to any footie club.

But, the perception is that he is too small. He’s had a couple of FG preseasons and maybe the long term view is that he will not get there.

The 23/24 recruitment will be brutal. I would like to see he another top 30 spot but in the end that spot could go to someone that they think adds more value.

Gus’s recruitment plan with Sharpie will have it mapped out to the $ and they won’t put the club in a compromised position. Would Gus make a play for Haas at over $1m. I was thinking not, because it limits your purchasing power for other positions. However Haas is undoubtedly the best prop in the game and can go 80 mins.
Good luck to Toppine if he ends up going.
Too small like JT !

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can’t remember him setting the world on fire in any of his appearances in first grade. If he wants to go he should go. No point waiting around for the flogs we got now to get dropped. We all know players don’t get dropped at the bulldogs. 5 wins in 2 years and they only ever drop the halfback. What about the 16 other idiots out there

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Topine seemed a good player off the bench considering he can cover dummy half in a pinch... pity considering just how many duds continue to play for us

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Seems like Tyran Smith has money issues and is desperate to get a few bigger commissions from his stable of talent more than anything.

CCC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Seems like Tyran Smith has money issues and is desperate to get a few bigger commissions from his stable of talent more than anything.
Maybe the dogs are offering a 2 year minimum type wage and Tyran is testing the market to try and get a few extra $$ from the dogs?

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'll be far more disappointed to lose Hetherington than Topine.