Former Bulldog, Tiger to be left searching for new club

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wait.....forced out how? Forced out because the club offered a $475K per season 2 year contract?

That's not forced out.

He left for more money. Simple as that.
Maybe you didn't understand my post as I did say he left for more money but due to salary cap restraints at the time with the Bulldogs they couldn't compete with what the Tigers were offering.

His performances for us compared to that of when he went to the Tigers showed that he never really wanted leave the Bulldogs as his heart was still with the Dog's.

Remember we had back ended contracts under Des at the time and we lost a lot of good players that had back ended payments that forced a lot of players out that wanted to stay but in the end the club couldn't afford to keep them, i.e. James Graham.

That put other players in the team at risk of being poached as was the case with Reynolds as they should've been on more money with us but couldn't as we were paying overs for other players on these back ended contracts.

Bad management at the time but in the end he WAS forced out.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Maybe you didn't understand my post as I did say he left for more money but due to salary cap restraints at the time with the Bulldogs they couldn't compete with what the Tigers were offering.

His performances for us compared to that of when he went to the Tigers showed that he never really wanted leave the Bulldogs as his heart was still with the Dog's.

Remember we had back ended contracts under Des at the time and we lost a lot of good players that had back ended payments that forced a lot of players out that wanted to stay but in the end the club couldn't afford to keep them, i.e. James Graham.

That put other players in the team at risk of being poached as was the case with Reynolds as they should've been on more money with us but couldn't as we were paying overs for other players on these back ended contracts.

Bad management at the time but in the end he WAS forced out.
he went from a better team to a shit team, we always made him look better than he was. Criminal the team he had, we used to win 14-10 most weeks. Bloke was terrible