Foran

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Gotta say, I am hating how this situation is playing out. I know I am stating the obvious BUT I really wanted him to come good. How frustrating when the body can't keep up with the mind anymore.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With Foran's chronic hamstring/lower back issue, & the current Bulldogs coaching/conditioning/medical- structure I have no confidence in this signing making a significant difference
Let's be realistic !!!!
What a difference 6 months makes!

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our top 5 all time greatest dud signings has & will happen all under Haslers Tenure

1. Des Hasler
2. Noel Cleal
3. Tony Williams
4. Kieran Foran
5. Raelene Castle
How can you put Foran in the 5 when he hasn't even suited up for us yet

Just lol
You still laughing?

You should be crying with the shit Floporan has dished out.

I was wrong, he should've been number 1 on the list

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At least he is playing every game. He hasnt done that for a few years. Hopefully with this week off he will benefit. Can only hope that in time he clicks and starts to fire.
Also remember we keep changing his halves partner and hooker which wouldnt help at all. Hopefully we sign parcell. This new fullback will have a connection with cogger already which will help for next year

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah lets sign a $1m dud and ease his workload so he "doesnt strain a hammy". Real smart

Foran never had a kicking game nor did he have a organisation game like a true Halfback.

He was always a 5/8 who ran hard at the line. Gone are the days of the halves playing on either side of the field and Forans body aint up to that. Halves must combine together on both sides of the field.

You would think the club would have learnt recruiting players on massive overs when its quiet obvious they cannot handle the position & workload. I.e Brett Morris

The older you get the slower you get and that process takes a quicker downward spiral with constant injuries along with battling mental demons.

The only players who get better or stay at a consistent peak performance are the players who are mentally strong as a bull. i.e Smith, Cronk, Thurston, Kimmorley and Foran is not within state of them

Foran is not a player you build for the future with. To a degree i understand the appointment of Woods but I do not inderstand signing him on with Graham & Tolman in the squad.

Without any doubts Bellamy, Bennett & Robinson are coaches who can coach, identify talent and nurture young players for the future.

When players leave the Storm & Broncos systems they get worse while the players who leave the Dogs get better

You fucken genius

Kawasaki

New Pup
Reaction score
lol @ the Foran lovers giving it to the blokes who were actually spot on!

Great read!

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Foran isn't saving the Warriors because he simply isn't the player he once was, it's that simple. Heck the Warriors didn't even improve with him in the side. He does fuck all for the warriors and sits back all game and lets the rookies do most of the work.

Manly fans are happy he's gone, Parra fans are happy he's gone and Warriors fans will be happy when he's gone. I don't know why people think he's magically going to turn himself and the club around lol.
When are we going to be happy?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Feel for the bloke. Im sure his intentions are good. But hes trying to change the flat tire while driving the car. Hes not going to get better with playing, because it beats him up more and its not an ability issue with Foran. If his body was right he would be dramatically better. Hes very Tony Williams like. A lot of money for a player that had been great a few years prior, who never found his old form again. Both ex Manly players, both ex sea eagle Dessie buys.

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Feel for the bloke. Im sure his intentions are good. But hes trying to change the flat tire while driving the car. Hes not going to get better with playing, because it beats him up more and its not an ability issue with Foran. If his body was right he would be dramatically better. Hes very Tony Williams like. A lot of money for a player that had been great a few years prior, who never found his old form again. Both ex Manly players, both ex sea eagle Dessie buys.
Fuck him.

Rejected the Dogs twice and now when noone wanted him he decides to jump onboard to collect his last NRL contract.

The **** is a mercenary

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score
SJ is half the problem. He's like the NZ version of Reynolds. Hot and cold and nobody knows what he is going to do.

Can't blame Foran for Lino/Hingano being rubbish to average at best in step up to NRL.

Our biggest issues are Forans strengths. The ability to command a team around a ground.

Half or issues in sure are that we go out on field and fail to execute (or remember) a game plan. When that goes to shit there isn't a commanding player who can step up and try to bring the game back.

Not saying that's all our problems, but it's a lot.

If Hoppa stood up in #1 in attack and started commanding troops from the back it'd make a big difference too as all good fullbacks talk in defence.

I can see 2018 being:

1. Hoppa/BMoz (I'd prefer BMoz)
6. Brown
7. Foran
9. Mbye

Injury prone thing is a myth. Yes he's had a few minor injuries, but not much more than many other players.

Im still waiting for Foran to command the team around the park

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This is the biggest challenge in the history of our club.

Everyone thought no club wanted Ennis, Reynolds and Kasiano but the real fact is noone will take Foran.

If Foran is snapped up by another NRL club i will jump off the top of the harbour bridge in a superman outfit

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
This is the biggest challenge in the history of our club.

Everyone thought no club wanted Ennis, Reynolds and Kasiano but the real fact is noone will take Foran.

If Foran is snapped up by another NRL club i will jump off the top of the harbour bridge in a superman outfit
Dressed as Deadpool would be better :grinning:..but I don't think you've got anything to worry about...it's not funny tho.

Serpent

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Take your own advise bud. I've said nothing but truth and I know this as fact, the fact you deny it means you really don't get told shit or your fed shit. Either way it doesn't bother me.

I have no need to make shit up, I honestly couldn't give a shit what some squeel fan has to say. How about you head off back to ya little fan forum and keep the circle jerk going over Moses [emoji23].

Won't waste another minute on your poorly informed or delusional posts.
Hows Foz going for you bro? turns out my words were more than prophetic, they were bang on.
You might realise now it wasnt sour grapes, just the facts and truth.

Serpent

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hahaha why you so cut?
Who the fkuk has time to jump on the an opposition forum? There is barley enough time in the day to jump onto your own teams forum.

Please your embarrassing yourself buddy
Shhh
Just go
Your cut like the rest of your supporters Foran deserted your club and we have him now ;)
Next......

Serpent

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah lets sign a $1m dud and ease his workload so he "doesnt strain a hammy". Real smart

Foran never had a kicking game nor did he have a organisation game like a true Halfback.

He was always a 5/8 who ran hard at the line. Gone are the days of the halves playing on either side of the field and Forans body aint up to that. Halves must combine together on both sides of the field.

You would think the club would have learnt recruiting players on massive overs when its quiet obvious they cannot handle the position & workload. I.e Brett Morris

The older you get the slower you get and that process takes a quicker downward spiral with constant injuries along with battling mental demons.

The only players who get better or stay at a consistent peak performance are the players who are mentally strong as a bull. i.e Smith, Cronk, Thurston, Kimmorley and Foran is not within state of them

Foran is not a player you build for the future with. To a degree i understand the appointment of Woods but I do not inderstand signing him on with Graham & Tolman in the squad.

Without any doubts Bellamy, Bennett & Robinson are coaches who can coach, identify talent and nurture young players for the future.

When players leave the Storm & Broncos systems they get worse while the players who leave the Dogs get better
Heres a smart RL analyser, bang on.

Serpent

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That means sweet fuck all as said above. Stats are impaired by who did they play.

Ffs a try assist can literally be given to a bloke who just catches the ball of a break and passes the ball to a bloke who puts it down when neither did anything really other then back up And the bloke whom past it and did the hard work to make the break doesn't get the try assist.

Your stats are starting to sound like you should be a fan of Dessie [emoji23]

Yet again we will just have to wait and see how he goes. I'm for one happy to have a half that is at least quality and have faith he can overcome injuries and other issues like several other quality players have, the list is seriously endless, slater was done, boyd was done at the knights, injured, depressed etc, barba, hell at one stage everyone said sbw, Tedesco and even Thurston couldn't be trusted with their bodies. The myth of Foran being injured prone has already been pointed out overall. We just need to hope he can overcome both mental and physical issues and return to what we all know he is capable of. I have faith that him returning to be closer to his kids after whatever he's been through will be better for him as a man and a father so hopefully that helps the head space which should improve everything.

Say whatever you want but if I was living away from my son my head wouldn't be right and surely would effect several things. That said he still has had some great games and shown he has the talent there still just need to see if his body can come past his last 12 months and return to the Foran we dream of running out for us.

Either way he sure as shit is better then anything we have had for a long ass time
LOLLLL, real genius here, could you have shown any more you know SFA about RL in this thread lol?
''the myth of foran being injury prone''
That will do me.
Hope youre happy, this blokes going to fuck your bottom line for as long as he's at your club, and its what you wanted.

Serpent

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I can promise you now, it wont be long into the season before the knives come out for the bloke here, people will be questioning his efforts on and off the park, fitness, mental issues, hidden dramas.
You guys will be calling for his head in no time at all, i know a few things about him you guys havnt realised yet and might never know..
You are caught in the romance of the signing, the player and person he used to be and what he could be at his best, thats normal for fans, but you are about to be in for a rude shock, its a shocking signing from Dez and lets face it, Dez has made a few.
Brad realised all too late that he'd made a terrible decission signing Foran, he had the tap on the shoulder dont worry about that.
Brad wouldnt take him back for free, youd have to be completely mad to.

Some of you blokes who took a few potshots at me and were very quick to start throwing insults, have a read above at my post when you signed him last year.

Thats what you call facts, truth and an absolutely prophetic prediction.

Status
Not open for further replies.