News Foran wants future sorted soon

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Gus says he is only worth 300k but suggests staggered payments if we make Top 8 etc.

So clearly an incentive type sc arrangement is allowable by the NRL otherwise its unfathomable that Gould would suggest it was a way of keeping Foran.

Gould knows how the salary cap works and I dare say knows more than Twin.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s not up to me to fact check your posts you’re the one making these claims so you have to support it.
OK I'll do it for you, one by one;
"Karina May Ormsby/Steinwede/Foran actually has 6 kids"
Source; https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...other-six-39-post-adoring-messages-other.html

"Matt Steinwede who is the #1 McGrath Agent in Australia"
Source; https://www.mcgrath.com.au/agent/316-mat-steinwede

"Foran split the proceeds form the sale of his first house at Freshwater with his ex wife, Rebecca Pope and paid cash for a new house in St Ives, which is on 1200 sq metres" I forgot to add that they also own a investment property in Terrigal.
Source; https://www.propertyobserver.com.au...ieran-foran-buys-central-coast-weekender.html

I'm sure if I dig I'll find the others.

Go Dogs

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
OK I'll do it for you, one by one;
"Karina May Ormsby/Steinwede/Foran actually has 6 kids"
Source; https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...other-six-39-post-adoring-messages-other.html

"Matt Steinwede who is the #1 McGrath Agent in Australia"
Source; https://www.mcgrath.com.au/agent/316-mat-steinwede

"Foran split the proceeds form the sale of his first house at Freshwater with his ex wife, Rebecca Pope and paid cash for a new house in St Ives, which is on 1200 sq metres" I forgot to add that they also own a investment property in Terrigal.
Source; https://www.propertyobserver.com.au...ieran-foran-buys-central-coast-weekender.html

I'm sure if I dig I'll find the others.

Go Dogs
I’ll be interested to see when you find out the source that Foran doesn’t need money....

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I’ll be interested to see when you find out the source that Foran doesn’t need money....
Have you got a maths problem as well, please feel free to read the sources I posted for you and then come back with some sensible questions.

Go Dogs

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Foran has received an offer from the Dogs (on the advice and value from Barrett) and Foran has advised that he will take a 50% pay cut. Work it out from $1.2m.
Foran will have 3 options
1. Take Dogs offer
2. Retire
3. Des Hasler
[/QUOTE]
I believe the deal was $3 ml for three season 2018 $800 k, 2019 $1 ml, 2020 $1.2 ml.
Wouldn't it mean he should be getting $500 k as 50%
Sorry Foz...It's Toooooo much !!!

Last edited:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have you got a maths problem as well, please feel free to read the sources I posted for you and then come back with some sensible questions.

Go Dogs
No I don’t need a calculator on this one but thanks anyway. You said Foran doesn’t need money back up your claim.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand what you mean? How much a player actually gets paid is irrelevant, the Cap is determined by how much the maximum of his contact is worth. We can't say at the end of the year "we only paid Foran $200k so we gave the other $200k to someone else". As far as the Cap is concerned that's $600k in contract values.

Go Dogs
Roosters can sign SBW for whatever the fuck they want so why couldn't we do that... NRL has opened a can of worms

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I assume you mean Liam who is a professional rugby league coach who like many is currently not able to coach due to their being no games being played outside of the NRL. I don't know what he is currently doing but I assume it's only temporary until he can resume coaching. From the reports I have heard he's actually a pretty good coach working his way up the ladder.

Go Dogs
Sorry mate but you are full of shit . He captain coaches Greta Branxton which is about as far as you can get from being a professional coach .

He works in the mines . I have a mate that works with him

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought the club had made him an offer. If so I assume he has not accepted.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Gus says he is only worth 300k but suggests staggered payments if we make Top 8 etc.
So clearly an incentive type sc arrangement is allowable by the NRL otherwise its unfathomable that Gould would suggest it was a way of keeping Foran.
Gould knows how the salary cap works and I dare say knows more than Twin.
I never posted that incentives weren't "allowed" just that the NRL includes them in the Cap.

Source; https://www.nrl.com/operations/integrity/salary-cap/

"Win bonuses and appearance fees – Payments for appearing in or winning a game are calculated based on the number of NRL games the player played in the prior year multiplied by any applicable bonuses. For win bonuses, the calculation is capped at 13 wins. Example: A player appeared in 10 NRL games in 2019 and now has a 2020 Contract for $100,000 contract fee plus $3,000 per game. His - Salary Cap Value would be $100,000 plus 10 times $3000 = $130,000."

"Other bonuses – Any other bonus contained in a player's contract will be calculated in the Salary Cap if the NRL Salary Cap Auditor expects him to achieve the bonus based on his prior year's performance."

What is included and how it is calculated is up to the Salary Cap auditor, and I have no faith in the Cap auditor being kind to us ie; we would get screwed as always.

Go Dogs

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Roosters can sign SBW for whatever the fuck they want so why couldn't we do that... NRL has opened a can of worms
Read that link above re Gould's suggestions re Foran. Clearly his plan is allowable under sc rules, otherwise he looks as misinformed as Twin.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Foran should be his own man as far as his Dad's money goes. Do you expect him to be asking his Dad to pay for his expenses?

My Dad's wealth had no bearing on my life and decisions whatsoever while he was alive. Of course I benefitted when he passed on. Keiran may have to wait 30 years for his dad to hand on his inheritance.

And yes Foran wants the money. Otherwise extend your contract for what we've offered Foz.

Twin pearles you are getting sillier by the day with your defensive posts :grinning:
I have banging on about human psychology on this issue.

I don't think there is any point offering $300k x 1 year if the club wants foran to the senior half in the squad and being a team leader on the field.

$300k is the money for a junior half.

Many on the kennel go on and on endlessly about paying back the club etc etc, he owes us for being injured so much etc etc.

Yet nobody can control being injured & again the psychology is all wrong as all that is looking backwards, the deal the club cuts with Kerian MUST be about the future.

I'm hoping all this speculation ends soon and the club & Foran realise & agree they want different things for 2021 and beyond.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Sorry mate but you are full of shit . He captain coaches Greta Branxton which is about as far as you can get from being a professional coach . He works in the mines . I have a mate that works with him
Nothing you just said is different to what I posted.

Go Dogs

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I never posted that incentives weren't "allowed" just that the NRL includes them in the Cap.

Source; https://www.nrl.com/operations/integrity/salary-cap/

"Win bonuses and appearance fees – Payments for appearing in or winning a game are calculated based on the number of NRL games the player played in the prior year multiplied by any applicable bonuses. For win bonuses, the calculation is capped at 13 wins. Example: A player appeared in 10 NRL games in 2019 and now has a 2020 Contract for $100,000 contract fee plus $3,000 per game. His - Salary Cap Value would be $100,000 plus 10 times $3000 = $130,000."

"Other bonuses – Any other bonus contained in a player's contract will be calculated in the Salary Cap if the NRL Salary Cap Auditor expects him to achieve the bonus based on his prior year's performance."

What is included and how it is calculated is up to the Salary Cap auditor, and I have no faith in the Cap auditor being kind to us ie; we would get screwed as always.

Go Dogs
All a mute point I guess cos Foran doesn't want or need the money according to you cos his Dad is giving some of his to him.

Foran will be signing his 300k contract any day. Not worried about the amount of money...scoop from Twin.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
No I don’t need a calculator on this one but thanks anyway. You said Foran doesn’t need money back up your claim.
I have backed up what I posted and you have ................ well nothing.
Just because you can't add up, doesn't mean I have to help you.

Go Dogs

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gould said if he was at the Bulldogs he would not be offering Foran more than $300,000, and was unapologetic in his assessment of the No.6's value.
I totally agree !
Reason is we can go on and spend our money on a future 1/2 5/8