News Foran "I know the style of footy that suits me best".

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2019/01/08/foran-i-know-the-style-of-footy-that-suits-me-best/

Pretty sure it's an excert from the same interview he gave 3 weeks ago (just they haven't posted it yet).

I'm wondering how old exactly this interview is, because his left wrist is heavily bandaged (and must have been after 10th of Dec), and it was his right wrist that was operated on when he did his toe (as seen in photos from August).

Hmmmmm
He probably read the opinions of the naysayers on the kennel and took a razor to himself.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
What's his style of play sitting on the bench with ice packs on his legs collecting a lot of money?

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd like to see him take on the line again this year,that's when he was at his best, but he'll probably play like Hodko and stick to organising.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd like to see him take on the line again this year,that's when he was at his best, but he'll probably play like Hodko and stick to organising.
When I heard the interview I thought about him taking on the line, and I'm pretty sure that's what he meant but he won't last 5 rounds doing that.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Whats the point of him taking on the line all day?
Theres plenty of pressure on him to perform so he needs a sports psychiatrist to release the pressure and build self belief that he is one of the best.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Think Foran is actually a sadomasochist and enjoys the punishment he gets from taking it to the line.

I bet his new wifey whips him :smilingimp::sweatsmile:

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I love that style but unless some type of miracle has occurred that will see his body able to handle it I just don't get it. For me I would go a more traditional halves set up with Foran at 5/8 and Lewis at no.7. Let the young fella go forward and give Foran time and less impact being deeper.... Just my thought on him. It's the only way I see him hopefully lasting longer.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He appears to have done all he can thus far to get himself as fit and healthy as he can be for the new season, so fingers crossed

silva

Utility
Reaction score
He was good before he got injured in 18. Think the weight of carrying such a shit team stressed him out. This years a new year and hel prove a lot of the haters on here wrong no doubt

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I love that style but unless some type of miracle has occurred that will see his body able to handle it I just don't get it. For me I would go a more traditional halves set up with Foran at 5/8 and Lewis at no.7. Let the young fella go forward and give Foran time and less impact being deeper.... Just my thought on him. It's the only way I see him hopefully lasting longer.
It kinda sucks for us coz we paid a million bucks for him to play like his Manly days but he will probably play a totally different role. We could've bought Blake Green or Peter Wallace to do that.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I think with Lewis taking some of the load off him, it shouldn't be as bad.

2018 he was trying to play both sides of the field taking on the line with fuck all help. Was bound to have problems.

However everything I've seen in 2019 lead up suggests the new skills coach is working on all players being able to take the ball late to the line and push either short, long or deep out the back for support. If we can continue on this "surge" style of attack play, it could very much suit the team and is hard to defend against as the team is constantly pushing forwards, and if you keep mistakes to a minimum points will come.

Forans issue was that the injuries he sustained at previous clubs were never dealt with correctly. He should have had surgery in the past but was given poor advice by team doctors. Hence when he did his toe (which looked absolutely fucked up), they got his wrist done at the same time.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It kinda sucks for us coz we paid a million bucks for him to play like his Manly days but he will probably play a totally different role. We could've bought Blake Green or Peter Wallace to do that.
Peter Wallace retired you know

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Insert Foran is a cripple joke

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Will wait an see how he goes. Be nice to see a glimpse of his best, but don’t hold up much hope and those days are well behind him one would think...BUT in saying that I will reserve judgment until at least round 3...!!! Haha
Good luck Foz.