News Foran. Canterbury bulldogs withdraw offer.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
If Barrett wants Walker that's a different issue.
Given Green may not play until round 10 Barrett may take out an insurance policy by signing another experienced half?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I read some garbage on FoxSports about how Manly are looking at Foran but would want to offload Dylan Walker to us to do it.

I'm assuming there's zero truth to the Walker part, but I know how much you hate him and I'm right there with you. He's a horrible player, always injured and a fuckwit to boot. Let's just hope it's just media gossip and nothing more as it would be a terrible signing.
On the silvertails forum a few disgruntled fans lol. In some threads a poster was shitting on DCE and that they will never be competitive while hes chewing cap space. Also hating on Jake Trobojevic which is somewhat warranted as Des is killing him. Some also want Taupau moved on a he's old and Paseka can cover him etc.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I read some garbage on FoxSports about how Manly are looking at Foran but would want to offload Dylan Walker to us to do it.

I'm assuming there's zero truth to the Walker part, but I know how much you hate him and I'm right there with you. He's a horrible player, always injured and a fuckwit to boot. Let's just hope it's just media gossip and nothing more as it would be a terrible signing.
Also taking Walker will cause us so many issues .
1. Means Hoppa will always be fullback
2. If he's 6 that means him and Lewis in the halves while Green is out... Yuck.
3. Will severely block the path of Averillo.
Definately a bad move even considering this bloke. One thing I will say though is he's still 25 and if he gets over his injuries he could come good.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
On the silvertails forum a few disgruntled fans lol. In some threads a poster was shitting on DCE and that they will never be competitive while hes chewing cap space. Also hating on Jake Trobojevic which is somewhat warranted as Des is killing him. Some also want Taupau moved on a he's old and Paseka can cover him etc.
Jake has been horrible this season. Des has turned him into Tolman. It seems like Taupau is on the outer. I'd take him if he was cheap enough. Paseka is pretty good too.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Don’t understand why the Dogs would honour Green’s contract.
Nice guys finish last.
I'd be surprised if we really had the option to not honour the contract. If we did have the option and we did honour it, that's really bizarre.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If Barrett wants Walker that's a different issue.
Given Green may not play until round 10 Barrett may take out an insurance policy by signing another experienced half?
Walker is hardly an experienced half lol.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I actually don't mind Walker. I think he's improved massively at five-eighth. I'd probably prefer him in the centres but I don't think we can sign another centre as Hopoate isn't our long term fullback and we need a position for him to return to, unless we're going to back flip on Cotric in the centres.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why the fuck would we play Walker at 6 when Burton can fill that role. Even if Burton plays 7, Avo can play 6. Walker only makes sense in the center but dont we already have Schoup and Alomati. Plus aren't we chasing Gildart

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why the fuck would we play Walker at 6 when Burton can fill that role. Even if Burton plays 7, Avo can play 6. Walker only makes sense in the center but dont we already have Schoup and Alomati. Plus aren't we chasing Gildart
Walker is a terrible option. He is not what we need.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Barrett never played Walker at 5/8 though that was a classic Des move. Manufacture a player into a position.

Barrett had Green & DCE as the halves.

Walker at centre is a better option that anything we have now. Having said that I'd rather not get any backs from Manly rather a couple of their forwards.