News Foran. Canterbury bulldogs withdraw offer.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
2024 should be the year we are short favorites.
|
We should be around the 8 next yr regardless tbh.. Having a more settled line-up, new faces, uninjured faces, more experienced faces and a decent coach will make a massive difference. Yes Foran is a big out but his also a massive liability, how many times has he gone down when we needed him the most.... Cant be bothered for that shit anymore.
It's a bit different this time around because we have the option to keep Foran at a cut price to represent his injury record (reported <400k). If he does get injured it isn't as bad as it was (when he was on ~1m), we shouldn't have to rely on Foran as much as we'll have a more competitive roster overall. We'd also have Averillo, Wakeham, Lewis, etc. as back up.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's a bit different this time around because we have the option to keep Foran at a cut price to represent his injury record (reported <400k). If he does get injured it isn't as bad as it was (when he was on ~1m), we shouldn't have to rely on Foran as much as we'll have a more competitive roster overall. We'd also have Averillo, Wakeham, Lewis, etc. as back up.
I would be weary of Foran in a contract year. I love the way the guy plays and wish he could fit all the time and also felt the same way but in all honesty its time to turn the page and work on the next gen... asap.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I would be weary of Foran in a contract year. I love the way the guy plays and wish he could fit all the time and also felt the same way but in all honesty its time to turn the page and work on the next gen... asap.
the few times Foran has played in every year he has been gun though, not just the contract year.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I dunno, wounds could always mend but it was pretty evident Hastings does not like Barrett especially after the fact the kid had to go across the world to continue his trade.
They will never work together again... Very bad blood... So many shit halfbacks in the NRL, I think Hastings is better than alot of them, he doesn't need us for a return as he could pick a few clubs out.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
So based off of the official NRL rule that you have been banging on about, If Foran is on an incentive based contract (games played) then his full potential contract WONT be included in the cap, only the guaranteed amount. Why were you going On Saying the entire amount is included for the last month in every thread?
The NRL rule on "bonuses";
"Other bonuses – Any other bonus contained in a player's contract will be calculated in the Salary Cap if the NRL Salary Cap Auditor expects him to achieve the bonus based on his prior year's performance."

"Bonuses" are usually included in player contracts for things like making SOO, playing Internationals, reaching the semis, playing in a Grand Final, winning a Premiership etc. Younger players, on minimum 30 player contracts, sometimes get bonuses for making NRL level and/or playing X number of NRL games, particularly if they haven't achieved that level before. In summary "performance bonuses" designed as an incentive for players to play better. "Not getting injured" bonuses are not all that common, plus they are difficult to enforce, for example if the player gets injured by an illegal tackle it's legally difficult to enforce the bonus reduction. An "accidental" injury where, say, 2 opposition players fall on his leg and break it are also difficult to legally enforce.

Getting down to the Cap calculations, let's say for next year we offer the player $300k plus $12k per game x 25 games = $300k bonus, total $600k.

The cap auditor starts off with the $300k and then, to allow for the bonus, looks at last year's record for that player and based on that says he will miss, say, 3 games. Which mens he will earn $300k + 22 games x $12k = total $564k. That's what the auditor includes in the cap for that player, being $564k, regardless of how much more or less he actually gets paid.

Obviously this season is different in only having 20 rounds, so exactly what maths the cap auditor uses will have to allow for that. If the payer didn't miss any games the previous season then the full amount of bonuses is included in the Cap.

If we pay the player more, because he plays all 25 rounds then that's a win for us, although we paid him $600k only $564k is included in our Cap. Conversely if he misses more than 3 games then it's bad luck for us, the $564k is still included in our Cap. That's why since the rule was changed "not getting injured bonuses" are not all that popular.

In Foran's case he hasn't missed much of this season, so next year that is what the auditor would take into account when calculating the Cap space allocated to his "not getting injured bonus". Then the legal issues as above need to be considered.

Go Dogs

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ll give you some help mate. Although it’s not a word a grown man should really use, it’s retard, not retart

Who cares. But u keep looking for something natalie to start on. One day i hope i meet u, i just might start on u.
Total fucking dickhead. Is my spelling ok u fuck wit.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The NRL rule on "bonuses";
"Other bonuses – Any other bonus contained in a player's contract will be calculated in the Salary Cap if the NRL Salary Cap Auditor expects him to achieve the bonus based on his prior year's performance."

"Bonuses" are usually included in player contracts for things like making SOO, playing Internationals, reaching the semis, playing in a Grand Final, winning a Premiership etc. Younger players, on minimum 30 player contracts, sometimes get bonuses for making NRL level and/or playing X number of NRL games, particularly if they haven't achieved that level before. In summary "performance bonuses" designed as an incentive for players to play better. "Not getting injured" bonuses are not all that common, plus they are difficult to enforce, for example if the player gets injured by an illegal tackle it's legally difficult to enforce the bonus reduction. An "accidental" injury where, say, 2 opposition players fall on his leg and break it are also difficult to legally enforce.

Getting down to the Cap calculations, let's say for next year we offer the player $300k plus $12k per game x 25 games = $300k bonus, total $600k.

The cap auditor starts off with the $300k and then, to allow for the bonus, looks at last year's record for that player and based on that says he will miss, say, 3 games. Which mens he will earn $300k + 22 games x $12k = total $564k. That's what the auditor includes in the cap for that player, being $564k, regardless of how much more or less he actually gets paid.

Obviously this season is different in only having 20 rounds, so exactly what maths the cap auditor uses will have to allow for that. If the payer didn't miss any games the previous season then the full amount of bonuses is included in the Cap.

If we pay the player more, because he plays all 25 rounds then that's a win for us, although we paid him $600k only $564k is included in our Cap. Conversely if he misses more than 3 games then it's bad luck for us, the $564k is still included in our Cap. That's why since the rule was changed "not getting injured bonuses" are not all that popular.

In Foran's case he hasn't missed much of this season, so next year that is what the auditor would take into account when calculating the Cap space allocated to his "not getting injured bonus". Then the legal issues as above need to be considered.

Go Dogs
He missed loads of this season... there’s a thing called coronavirus which is why he didn’t miss as many ‘games’ but he would of sat out a lot more

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Again with 'retart'. You'd think you'd learn after three times since people have pointed it out.
And u too, need ya head punching in. I read your posts. U can barely spell at all. U just fuck off too ya fucking souths supporter u retard, ya happy now. Fuck some people have no fucking life. Spend all day criticizing the working man why we pay u doll bludgers wages to sit on here and check my spelling.
Fuck off u backwards ****.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
One day i hope i meet u, i just might start on u.
Total fucking dickhead. Is my spelling ok u fuck wit.
Having your head punched off your shoulders couldn’t make you any dumber so that’s a bonus

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
He missed loads of this season... there’s a thing called coronavirus which is why he didn’t miss as many ‘games’ but he would of sat out a lot more
As I posted "Obviously this season is different in only having 20 rounds, so exactly what maths the cap auditor uses will have to allow for that."

Go Dogs

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
And u too, need ya head punching in. I read your posts. U can barely spell at all. U just fuck off too ya fucking souths supporter u retard, ya happy now. Fuck some people have no fucking life. Spend all day criticizing the working man why we pay u doll bludgers wages to sit on here and check my spelling.
Fuck off u backwards c***.
Is a doll bludger someone who takes advantage of dolls?

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having your head punched off your shoulders couldn’t make you any dumber so that’s a bonus
I bet ive done more, and got further in life than u have natalie. And u have to be able to hit my head to knock it off..but ill put u to sleep before u have even wound up. What makes me dumb ?
And how is anything u just said a bonus, your the one looking dumb with such a childish response. Try a bit better than that........u ,u , dumby thats dumb wìt head punched in ya tackle hard run hard go dean.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As I posted "Obviously this season is different in only having 20 rounds, so exactly what maths the cap auditor uses will have to allow for that."

Go Dogs
And the fact that next season will return to a regular schedule

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I bet ive done more, and got further in life than u have natalie. And u have to be able to hit my head to knock it off..but ill put u to sleep before u have even wound up. What makes me dumb ?
And how is anything u just said a bonus, your the one looking dumb with such a childish response. Try a bit better than that........u ,u , dumby thats dumb wìt head punched in ya tackle hard run hard go dean.
Haha yes I doubt that. I’m not usually one to correct ones spelling as quite frankly if you did a spellcheck on one of your posts your phone would explode. Some words you REALLY want to get right such as retard, idiot etc but you spell it wrong every single time so don’t blame the keyboard.
I’m almost at the game but if I see an angry little man wearing an akubra, driza-bone and with a piece of straw between his rotten teeth I’ll run and hide

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
For everyone saying Foran is delusional for wanting 3 years, just remember that people said he was delusional for aiming to get back from that ankle injury last year in six weeks, and he did it, and then people said he was delusional saying he would play this season after the shoulder injury playing for NZ, and yet here we are.

I'm not saying Foran should get 3 years, or that he can play another 3 years. But it is interesting that Foran has said stuff before and been called delusional, and yet he proved himself. I wouldn't put it past him doing it again, he is that competitive and professional.
Why didn’t they off a two year 500-600 a year with the option of a third depending on his injuries.