News Foran. Canterbury bulldogs withdraw offer.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am glad we have pulled the offer. Is he our most creative player ? Yes he is . However we need someone creative who can also steer us around the park. Foran has gone missing 4 times in as many weeks when the game was on the line. He has helped us get into a good position each game . But for someone with his price tag he should be icing these games and being more clinical.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If Blake Green is still available next year we should have a serious look at him. Not at the expense of a talented young player but if Foran is out of the picture Greens experience would be very beneficial to younger halves.
His touches in the attacking zone compare very favourably with the top flight halves.
This article suggests so at least.

Given his age a one year deal might be attractive to him similar to the Stuart or Kimorley recruitment of the past.
Wtf NO NO NO NO NO

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I am glad we have pulled the offer. Is he our most creative player ? Yes he is . However we need someo tone creative who can also steer us around the park. Foran has gone missing 4 times in as many weeks when the game was on the line. He has helped us get into a good position each game . But for someone with his price tag he should be icing these games and being more clinical.
His heart isn't in it. When a player is, without consciously thinking, pulling up half a yard short in fear of injury or to protect oneself you know that he isn't what you need at the club.

In my mind he was an essential player to stay on next year, however it's clear as day he's saving himself for whatever team picks him up.

Personally I'd drop him and give players who're actually looking to play a go. As others have said, we've been in winnable positions this year where all he had to do was step up but he didn't.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
just goes to show that the board did the right thing and offered him a fair contract and im all for them taking it off the table when foran and his manager turned it down, looks like all the other clubs agree

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
just goes to show that the board did the right thing and offered him a fair contract and im all for them taking it off the table when foran and his manager turned it down, looks like all the other clubs agree
Why because some clowns said so on a radio podcast?
I will bet my left one right now Foran will get his 2 year contract in the NRL.
He's asking less than what we a paying Lewis.

Last edited:

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Who cares. But u keep looking for something natalie to start on. One day i hope i meet u, i just might start on u.
Total fucking dickhead. Is my spelling ok u fuck wit.
Cuz you make my spelling look like a book publisher.
You dont just misspell, you change words entirely.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why because some clowns said so on a radio podcast?
I will be my left one right now Foran will get his 2 year contract in the NRL.
He's asking less than what we a paying Lewis.
brent read is far from a clown, his mail is probably some of the best out there. Foran might get a 2 year contract but if he was worth anymore than what we offered there would be clubs climbing over each other to sign him at that price - which there arent

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
brent read is far from a clown, his mail is probably some of the best out there. Foran might get a 2 year contract but if he was worth anymore than what we offered there would be clubs climbing over each other to sign him at that price - which there arent
Not yet.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The knights will now snap him up for a bargain. No other club has put feelers out for him bar the tigers but they also are in a salary cap mess and trying to offload players. The knights have also been very vocal about wanting Foran using his "friendship" with Pearce as a bargaining tool.

The Bulldogs should have another crack at offering him a 1-year deal and offer him a position as an assistant coach to be, come 2022.

Last edited:

BulldogsNation

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Absolute idiots this club. Reminds me of when we let go of Hodkinson our only organising half a few years back, when we shouldve re-signed him for one more year.

Foran would have been crucial and a full pre-season injury free finally i feel could have met better fortune. should have given him the 2 year deal he wanted.

Foran 2 year deal > Green 1 year deal. Simple as that.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolute idiots this club. Reminds me of when we let go of Hodkinson our only organising half a few years back, when we shouldve re-signed him for one more year.

Foran would have been crucial and a full pre-season injury free finally i feel could have met better fortune. should have given him the 2 year deal he wanted.

Foran 2 year deal > Green 1 year deal. Simple as that.
No. Putting Foran on a 2 year deal is worse, and will block any potential 5/8 from developing, such as Averillo.

The 1 year deal is a stop gap signing until 2022, when we’ll hopefully have a proper halfback in either Wakeham, who would’ve had time in reserve grade, Lewis, which is unlikely, or someone else such as Burton.

BulldogsNation

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No. Putting Foran on a 2 year deal is worse, and will block any potential 5/8 from developing, such as Averillo.

The 1 year deal is a stop gap signing until 2022, when we’ll hopefully have a proper halfback in either Wakeham, who would’ve had time in reserve grade, Lewis, which is unlikely, or someone else such as Burton.
Averillo is a fullback. Kids got the blinding speed, reminds of me a young Ben Barba.

1. Averillo
6. Foran
7. Any half decent fucking halfback

wouldve been very dangerous

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I am glad we have pulled the offer. Is he our most creative player ? Yes he is . However we need someone creative who can also steer us around the park. Foran has gone missing 4 times in as many weeks when the game was on the line. He has helped us get into a good position each game . But for someone with his price tag he should be icing these games and being more clinical.
Why can't we have him as the non general?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
The knights will now snap him up for a bargain. No other club has put feelers out for him bar the tigers but they also are in a salary cap mess and trying to offload players. The knights have also been very vocal about wanting Foran using his "friendship" with Pearce as a bargaining tool.

The Bulldogs should have another crack at offering him a 1-year deal and offer him a position as an assistant coach to be, come 2022.
Man,
That means knights would have the best backspine in the comp.
1. Pongia
6. Foran
7. Pearce

That's perfect and perhaps the greatest backspine of the NRL era to date.
Which begs the question.

Instead of knights looking for a creative running non dominant half because they have a general,
Why don't WE pair a general up with our creative runner!?

This is the same puzzle we are playing but you guys don't see it in your zero sum mindsets.

6. Foran
7. Green

^ that has the potential to be very very good

Mak Dogs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Averillo is a fullback. Kids got the blinding speed, reminds of me a young Ben Barba.

1. Averillo
6. Foran
7. Any half decent fucking halfback

wouldve been very dangerous
I totally agree. I don’t know why avo hasn’t been given a go at fullback especially when this season is gone anyways

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yh but what if Baz wanted Foz and the club went against his wishes? Is that still the right thing to do..

I didn't want Foz at all but the decision should've been made ages ago and a plan set in motion all the way back then... unfortunately this is another decision the club delayed time and time again and now we ended up in a situation where we signed Green.