"FOOOOOOD!" Post your culinary masterpieces here!

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Wow, I've been smashing Kingfish sashimi for decades.
funny story from up around Sawtell - some kid caught a huge kingy, got the pics, they butchered it up and gave some of it to fam and school teachers etc. They all dutifully cooked it up and ate it. Within 24 hours Sawtell hospital was packed out, people losing eye sight, collapsing the lot. Believe Hamish and Andy did a story about it (True Story).

Argument is the bigger the fish, the more possible it can happen.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
funny story from up around Sawtell - some kid caught a huge kingy, got the pics, they butchered it up and gave some of it to fam and school teachers etc. They all dutifully cooked it up and ate it. Within 24 hours Sawtell hospital was packed out, people losing eye sight, collapsing the lot. Believe Hamish and Andy did a story about it (True Story).

Argument is the bigger the fish, the more possible it can happen.
Fuck! Poor people.

I know I shouldn't be eating sashimi too much but I guess I've been lucky so far.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Wow, that's a big arse mackerell!

Lucky I don't eat them lol
Don't matter. Little fish eat the algae containing ciguatera, bigger fish eat the little fish and the biggest fish eat them all. Kingies or mackerel - both higher order - both the same.

Its why some parts of the world don't suggest eating things like marlin.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Put it on a roasted potato with sour cream and grated cheese...
You can thank me later :kissingheart:
Thanks!

made some to last for Saturday, I’m going to bake some chips and have the chilli and cheese on top. Not a fan of sour cream though.

Nah bro, put it in on toast with a soft fried egg the next day or the day after…Hangover gold.8-)
Anything on toast is awesome, love the egg idea too!

——

Just finished eating, talk about being satisfied.. will be making it on the regular.

Last edited:

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Thanks!

made some to last for Saturday, I’m going to bake some chips and have the chilli and cheese on top. Not a fan of sour cream though.
No sour cream? Either buy or make some guacamole. imv better than sour cream.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tonight fellow Gormads I shall tell you a tail of overly ripe tomato soup.
I was fishing through the pantry this arvo looking for tonight's feast and discovered at the back two tins of Heinz tomato soup.
You will notice in the picture below that they are just a little beyond their use-by date, both tins being "blown."
I took the photograph and decided to open one of them to see the state of the contents. That was a mistake.
I had barely touched the ring pull when a VERY loud bang came from the tin and a considerable amount of Tomato soup splattered the kitchen wall, floor, ceiling, and Grunthos!
Here ends the lesson...

Attachments