News Floppa to St helens

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Have you watched Martin and Dogzilla lately...going ok I thought :grinning:
Surprisingly Sam looks pretty trim. Rhys was always one of my favourites and was sad to see him go.

In reference to the referees in the ESL yes I rather like the style of James Child. At least the ones in the ESL are decisive and are not afraid to make a decision without reference. They have been using the single referee system for a while and it works well for them. One point of view in the middle.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This guys been solid for us he has had a shit year but the guys put in over his time at the club the title of the thread is dogshit.
Absolutely! The guy was our best player for a couple of those Dean Pay years. Everyone forgets, short memories. When we had no one to play fullback he filled in well. Obviously this year he’s had a shocker and basically non existent in both defense and attack, but overall he served us well over the years. Good luck Hoppa, all the best. A true gentlemen

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Absolutely! The guy was our best player for a couple of those Dean Pay years. Everyone forgets, short memories. When we had no one to play fullback he filled in well. Obviously this year he’s had a shocker and basically non existent in both defense and attack, but overall he served us well over the years. Good luck Hoppa, all the best. A true gentlemen
He wasn’t. He just looked good. He stifled backline raids with his sluggishness

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think we need to show respect to our players, especially the one’s who have stuck with us through these tough times!
Players on my blacklist include: Doug Laughton, Solomon Haumono, SOB Williams, Ryan Tandy, Ben Barba & Ben Hannant. Other than that I can't think of others who betrayed the club.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Players on my blacklist include: Doug Laughton, Solomon Haumono, SOB Williams, Ryan Tandy, Ben Barba & Ben Hannant. Other than that I can't think of others who betrayed the club.
Nasheed here,
The others yes, but i dont think Tandy betrayed the club he just had debts and i have no doubt after the 2 points he would have tried his hardest.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Solomon Haumono? He left for Gabrielle Richens, right??
Yep. The "pleasure machine". The made up romance that Mundine invented to get Haumono out of his contract. The first 3 on the list all have something in common. They all left in the middle of the night to go to Europe & never played for us again.

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Worked okay for Morris couple years back when he was dropped but I am wondering if it is the money aspect of the situation from the club's point of view. This year has been a goner for many weeks now and we are just marking time until season 2022.

There would have been quite a few who would have benefited from a stint in reggies but then again who is to say that it would have worried them because they still get their nice contracts despite not playing first grade, so would they lift to prove a point? . Any player who is worth his salt and who is looking to gain a contract elsewhere should be putting in an effort and so far that has been lacking.

I don't think it is lack of effort from Will , but he is well and truly off the pace. and that is sad considering what he has previously offered. Always bagged by plenty. Has played over a total of ten years appearing in 172 games debuting in round 13 2010 and scoring 45 tries.
His time in the Nrl has some wonderful memories and amazing displays of skill and consistency. This year its been pure heart and loyalty. He is always encouraging the people around him.. great clubman..unfortunately its not a value that's appreciated anymore. Results and ROI remain king these days. I remember talking to Hala in his last year here and again he felt the brunt of the kennel demands to sack him too. Hoppa will do great in the UK. Players like the following have always been favourites for me here. Great leaders, community minded people who bled for our club..

Sam Perrett
Dean Halatau
Rod Silva
Andrew Ryan
Simon Gillies
Trent Hodkinson
Frank Pritchard
Greg Eastwood
Steve Turner
Hazem El masri
Will Hopoate
Sam Kasiano
James Graham
Jason Hetherington
Peter Tunks
George Peponis
Steve Folkes

There are many talented ones not mentioned and whilst i am without doubt a fan of them, but its the true Bulldogs spirit i saw in these men that kept me paying yearly memberships and supporting this wonderful club which i have enjoyed the highs and lows for more than 45 years..

Dogs forever ⚪

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I never forget the night i saw Jarod Mcacken ,Jim Dymock ,Jason Smith and Dean Pay all going to Parramatta in Super League war... it was my worst nightmare as my whole inlaw family were rabid Parra fans. The years following watching Baa trying to lift the club even injured was only heightened by this act and the sense of betrayal was beyond words. If they went to Newcastle or even the Roosters I would have accepted it better than that club. I rejoiced when I watched Parra choked out in the Gf against the Knights.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep. The "pleasure machine". The made up romance that Mundine invented to get Haumono out of his contract. The first 3 on the list all have something in common. They all left in the middle of the night to go to Europe & never played for us again.
I love how Mundines always the mastermind of everything