News Floppa to St helens

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Floppa or Hogga, he must be remembered as a loyal, reliable and solid stalwart...

Yes he took his Sundays off and yes he got paid but he was always respectful towards the club as a whole.

He is multi award winning player of the year..

He is William Hopoate.. The Good son.

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Loyal clubman & showing the young kids the right attitude to wear the Blue & White. Gave 100% although father time has not be too kind in the last 12 months.
Precovid, was always one the last players the leave the ground, after providing autographs, selfies & time to supporters & kids.
Hope those legs last a few more years.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This guys been solid for us he has had a shit year but the guys put in over his time at the club the title of the thread is dogshit.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great player and person, been great for us wish him all the best.

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think we need to show respect to our players, especially the one’s who have stuck with us through these tough times!
100% agree .. many have left in the past without closing the door or a thank you. This guy is a true professional regardless of this years experience and form.
I think he will enjoy the sea change and St Helens will be happy to have him on board.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
100% agree .. many have left in the past without closing the door or a thank you. This guy is a true professional regardless of this years experience and form.
I think he will enjoy the sea change and St Helens will be happy to have him on board.
Love you but shut up

TAS

All In
Reaction score
This guys been solid for us he has had a shit year but the guys put in over his time at the club the title of the thread is dogshit.

Totally agree. Would be nice if the OP or a mod changed the thread title to something more appropriate.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
His best years in the blue and white are unfortunately behind him and this year has been pretty poor.

In saying that when he was on, he was on and he did do some good things on field. This year though he has been off his game...the ball inevitably dies with him without offering an offload and his defensive reads have been lacking.His positive runs have disappeared.
An honourable man who had the courage of his convictions and one of the good guys. Never a bad headline and his behaviour on and off field exemplary.
I am sad when a player leaves the club but I am realistic enough to know his use to the team and the club is at an end. Thanks Will for your efforts and I hope that wherever you end up gives you a new purpose in life.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
His best years in the blue and white are unfortunately behind him and this year has been pretty poor.

In saying that when he was on, he was on and he did do some good things on field. This year though he has been off his game...the ball inevitably dies with him without offering an offload and his defensive reads have been lacking.His positive runs have disappeared.
An honourable man who had the courage of his convictions and one of the good guys. Never a bad headline and his behaviour on and off field exemplary.
I am sad when a player leaves the club but I am realistic enough to know his use to the team and the club is at an end. Thanks Will for your efforts and I hope that wherever you end up gives you a new purpose in life.
Interested in your take regarding the benefits of putting out of form players back to reserves to find form and/or gain confidence again.

Should it have been part of our coach's arsenal to do this, in a respectful way, so that it acts as a breaker and the player (Hoppa) can reassess his love for the game and feel he can contribute again rather than be derided by fans.

Realisticly Hoppa knows he isn't performing so it may help him to drop back for a few weeks. Hate to see him limp out the door in 8 weeks.

I haven't been his biggest fan of late but he was a class player.

Your thoughts?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Interested in your take regarding the benefits of putting out of form players back to reserves to find form and/or gain confidence again.

Should it have been part of our coach's arsenal to do this, in a respectful way, so that it acts as a breaker and the player (Hoppa) can reassess his love for the game and feel he can contribute again rather than be derided by fans.

Realisticly Hoppa knows he isn't performing so it may help him to drop back for a few weeks. Hate to see him limp out the door in 8 weeks.

I haven't been his biggest fan of late but he was a class player.

Your thoughts?
Worked okay for Morris couple years back when he was dropped but I am wondering if it is the money aspect of the situation from the club's point of view. This year has been a goner for many weeks now and we are just marking time until season 2022.

There would have been quite a few who would have benefited from a stint in reggies but then again who is to say that it would have worried them because they still get their nice contracts despite not playing first grade, so would they lift to prove a point? . Any player who is worth his salt and who is looking to gain a contract elsewhere should be putting in an effort and so far that has been lacking.

I don't think it is lack of effort from Will , but he is well and truly off the pace. and that is sad considering what he has previously offered. Always bagged by plenty. Has played over a total of ten years appearing in 172 games debuting in round 13 2010 and scoring 45 tries.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Worked okay for Morris couple years back when he was dropped but I am wondering if it is the money aspect of the situation from the club's point of view. This year has been a goner for many weeks now and we are just marking time until season 2022.

There would have been quite a few who would have benefited from a stint in reggies but then again who is to say that it would have worried them because they still get their nice contracts despite not playing first grade, so would they lift to prove a point? . Any player who is worth his salt and who is looking to gain a contract elsewhere should be putting in an effort and so far that has been lacking.

I don't think it is lack of effort from Will , but he is well and truly off the pace. and that is sad considering what he has previously offered. Always bagged by plenty. Has played over a total of ten years appearing in 172 games debuting in round 13 2010 and scoring 45 tries.
If I was his Manager, I'd be angling to get him over to St Helens asap if they can fit him in.

He might get a premiership this year with them.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If I was his Manager, I'd be angling to get him over to St Helens asap if they can fit him in.

He might get a premiership this year with them.
They are doing well.

I am not sure if there is still a quota for players from outside UK. They do have ex nrl players Coote. Naiquama,Mata'utia,Thompson, Paasi in their squad. Have watched a bit of the ESL and some of the games have been crackers. Challenge cup final should be pretty good with Saints vs Tigers.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
They are doing well.

I am not sure if there is still a quota for players from outside UK. They do have ex nrl players Coote. Naiquama,Mata'utia,Thompson, Paasi in their squad. Have watched a bit of the ESL and some of the games have been crackers. Challenge cup final should be pretty good with Saints vs Tigers.
Love watching ESL. The refs are far superior to ours.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
They are doing well.

Have you watched Martin and Dogzilla lately...going ok I thought :grinning:

Reactions: ATT