News Floppa to St helens

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hoppa‘s football regressed from the time he went on that missionary pilgrimage or whatever the fuck they call it . He wasn’t the same player when he came back 2 years later.
Mate, he was never really that good. He was overrated because he was playing above his peers.

Don't forget that he played outside Jamie Lyon in a great Manly backline.

Sometimes clubs just throw silly money at kids because they can do certain things at an early age but they don't always have a high ceiling.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Thompson must have felt disrespected on the way out of St Helens if he’s endorsed this guy as a signing for them.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
It also seems the Dogs and St helens have a decent relationship considering they have done alot of business together of late.

If only they had someone else we could do a deal with over there...
Yo dawg they have a good backline and wingers but surplus for our requirements with our star studded 21 backline yo.
We do know that Matty Lees is mad keen to hook up with he boi Thompson as blatantly confirmed by @Actros who talks to him
They also have a guy called Roby who wear the number 9 that used to have a good rap back in the day but I don’t know if he still has the goods
Walmsley ist he other guy who could do a decent job but never seemed keen to leave the nest. He’s like ‘fuck both aussies and Lebs, Manchester 4 lyf!!’

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
How is this official?

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yo dawg they have a good backline and wingers but surplus for our requirements with our star studded 21 backline yo.
We do know that Matty Lees is mad keen to hook up with he boi Thompson as blatantly confirmed by @Actros who talks to him
They also have a guy called Roby who wear the number 9 that used to have a good rap back in the day but I don’t know if he still has the goods
Walmsley ist he other guy who could do a decent job but never seemed keen to leave the nest. He’s like ‘fuck both aussies and Lebs, Manchester 4 lyf!!’
Hopefully Matty Lees to the dogs is on the cards for next year

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Haven't seen confirmation of it yet nor do I know if it's an effective immediately or end of season deal if true. But thanks for the service Hoppa. Had times when you were our most consistent back. Also enjoyed seeing those periods when you hit a purple patch of form and everything you touched turned to gold. I wasn't pleased about the no playing or training sundays thing, but aside from that I've appreciated your effort.

childofglossop

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Good clubman
Never involved in any off field dramas (other than the 'never play on a Sunday' clause which was reneged)
Was definitely one of our best and most consistent players a couple of years ago...yes, he is passed his best, but fans should look at the totality of his contribution. He has been solid - a damn sight more than many others.

Good luck to you Hoppa with the ESL

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It was reported in NRL.com

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Hopefully Matty Lees to the dogs is on the cards for next year
If I recall he wants to come for 2023 because of his deal ending then
Maybe Thommo can bring Baz aside and whisper in his ear ‘yo Baz bro hook a pommy up bro!’

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would've been far more excited had the heading to this thread been "Crapa to St Helens".

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has come a long way since his no playing on Sundays bullshit getting on in age and slowing down a lot but always played with heart and ticker. Can’t say the same about a lot of the other frauds