News Flanno’s Out Baby (Maybe)

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just because Flanagan hasn't gone to Manly yet doesn't mean it won't happen in the next few weeks. There seems to be plenty of smoke around it, and from Shane Flanagan and Seibold too, not just Buzz and the media..

It's pretty obvious Flanagan's days at the club are numbered. Either way, as long as he's not in FG, I could care less.
Not that I really care but there was always going to be innuendo as soon as flano was dropped to reserve grade.
Thats how the NRL media circus works.
I dont understand what all the fuss ius about, whether goes now or at the end of the year. As long as I dont have to watch him in first grade who cares.
The only thing that I see that might be a negative is that him staying now could be blocking the development of juniors in reserve grade.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stop the press everyone! Flanno got a try assist…..…..

….in reggies. Gooooo Flanno. Seriously though, he had a good dart from dummy half and threw a nice pass for someone to score. He’s a good reggies player. Should go to the ESL while he can. If bums lime Brodie Ceoft can win their best player, anything is possible for Flanno.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the $60k that’s being reported on is true, I don’t understand why we’d let him go, he’s off contract end of year any way !

Why not continue playing him at 9 in NSW Cup & if we need him to cover for Reed or someone else he’s available, we know he’s defensively safe, still a lot of footy to be played, still hoping we push for 8th spot, why let him go cheaply, we might need him.

I wouldn’t be letting him go for $60k …
Whilst I’m more than happy to see Flanagan move on. I agree with you on the price.

We seem to be the club that gets bent over every time a player moves on mid contract. If he goes to Manly for $60k we are still wearing the rest of the cap money so cannot do anything else with that money on other players.

Manly need cover in the halves and are desperate. Why cave to such a minimum deal?

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're probably playing hardball on the $ since we're in no rush to offload him as he'll be gone by season's end either way.

Manly will dig in right up until DCE goes to Origin camp and then have to bend over.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has he gone yet?

I hope when he is on his way the Spit Bridge doesn't need to open up delaying his trip to Manly.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whilst I’m more than happy to see Flanagan move on. I agree with you on the price.

We seem to be the club that gets bent over every time a player moves on mid contract. If he goes to Manly for $60k we are still wearing the rest of the cap money so cannot do anything else with that money on other players.

Manly need cover in the halves and are desperate. Why cave to such a minimum deal?
I agree mate, and there are a lot of good reply’s from TK members that make sense, but let’s remember he is a good cup player and he does have a lot of 1st grade experience now, for the sake of $60k why let Manly have him to strengthen their squad during Origin, I’d hate to see that be the difference & get them 8th spot or something.

Let’s keep him in cup for the rest of the season, he can pay us back something by helping the young blokes win the GF .. and if we’re desperate and need him, well he’s there …

If they want him that bad, make it $120k plus a good up and coming player swap, if they can swap 2 up and coming forwards for Dora, surely they’d go higher for the prodigal son.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I agree mate, and there are a lot of good reply’s from TK members that make sense, but let’s remember he is a good cup player and he does have a lot of 1st grade experience now, for the sake of $60k why let Manly have him to strengthen their squad during Origin, I’d hate to see that be the difference & get them 8th spot or something.

Let’s keep him in cup for the rest of the season, he can pay us back something by helping the young blokes win the GF .. and if we’re desperate and need him, well he’s there …

If they want him that bad, make it $120k plus a good up and coming player swap, if they can swap 2 up and coming forwards for Dora, surely they’d go higher for the prodigal son.
Some good points there.

Evil

Kennel Participant
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Reaction score
Flanno making deals at the Showground
IMG-20230502-WA0000.jpg

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live at Narrabeen up on the northern beaches and met a friend who is an Eagles supporter this morning.
The conversation went a little like this,
Manly supporter: "Ha ha we got your half back!"
Me: "Well, he's a great defender who always puts his body on the line and he has a very solid work ethic, however, he is an attacking non-entity who is totally predictable with no imagination, no kicking game to speak of, no real speed and no try assists this year, your welcome..."

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I live at Narrabeen up on the northern beaches and met a friend who is an Eagles supporter this morning.
The conversation went a little like this,
Manly supporter: "Ha ha we got your half back!"
Me: "Well, he's a great defender who always puts his body on the line and he has a very solid work ethic, however, he is an attacking non-entity who is totally predictable with no imagination, no kicking game to speak of, no real speed and no try assists this year, your welcome..."
No offence, but your friend is one delusional man if he thinks Flanno is there saviour.