News Flanno’s Out Baby (Maybe)

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Silvertails forum will be comedy gold. Please happen.
Mostly supportive surprisingly

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Geez I thought the pride jersey saga was bad enough for Manly last year, but this year might be even worse.

They're nothing without Turbo and so far, this season they've managed to snare Sharon Woods and Flano. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

One bloke said of their halves " they're going bad, but not Kyle Flanagan bad" :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Rumours are that the Bulldogs, Manly and Tigers will do a 3 player swap. Flanno to Manly, Schuster to the Tigers. I'm assuming a middle to the Bulldogs,most likely looking at their roster and our needs and money we have available Joe Ofahengaue would seem to fit the bill. Though a junior coming through might also fit the bill.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Rumours are that the Bulldogs, Manly and Tigers will do a 3 player swap. Flanno to Manly, Schuster to the Tigers. I'm assuming a middle to the Bulldogs,most likely looking at their roster and our needs and money we have available Joe Ofahengaue would seem to fit the bill. Though a junior coming through might also fit the bill.
Didn’t someone say once we were looking at that Justin matamua from tigers ?

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
David Holland is playing 3D chess and is always a few steps ahead.

Flanno to Manly. Woods to Dogs.
Schuster to Tigers. Klemmer to Dogs.

Billy Slater and Brad Fittler to take over from Ciraldo who gets injured at training

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Didn’t someone say once we were looking at that Justin matamua from tigers ?
It would make more sense except he is a second rower and I feel we are well stocked there. We need prop depth and people to outplay there contracts. Ofa on a team friendly 600K is not to bad given he is just about to hit his prime, and makes sense given that the Tigers would need to free up cash for Schuster.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ofahengaue will be a nightmare for the kennel to try and spell for next weeks team threads :p

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alex Seyfarth would be the cheap no nonsense hard head I would go for. Doesn’t seem high on the Tigers priority list either.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Alex Seyfarth would be the cheap no nonsense hard head I would go for. Doesn’t seem high on the Tigers priority list either.
As long as he can play middle. Would mean we shouldn't see Okanbour on the bench anymore.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As long as he can play middle. Would mean we shouldn't see Okanbour on the bench anymore.
I think he is a solid first grader that can play both edge & middle that wouldn’t cost the world. Looking at the Tigers list and who realistically might be an option. (If there is any truth to this three way) he would be my pick.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

Newspaper report today - “One player who won’t be heading to Brookvale is (Kyle) Flanagan. Manly had expressed interest in the Canterbury halfback, who is off contract at the end of the year and currently languishing in reserve grade. The Sea Eagles were only interested in signing Flanagan – whose father, premiership-winning coach Shane, is a member of the club’s brains trust – for the remainder of the 2023 campaign as halves cover. While there was some appeal in having him on standby for Daly Cherry-Evans during State of Origin duty, or in the case of an injury, the parties weren’t able to agree terms”

"This reporting is just as inaccurate as the original story, and follow up stories, which suggested Kyle Flanagan had already signed with Manly, and that it was a done deal, effective immediately. All of it rubbish and total fabrication. Firstly, Kyle Flanagan was never heading to Manly. In this latest report the author suggests “Manly had expressed interest in the Canterbury half-back” Wrong. No one from Manly contacted me regarding Kyle Flanagan The author suggests that Flanagan is “currently languishing in reserve grade” Kyle Flanagan is not languishing in reserve grade. He’s played one reserve grade game in 13 months and was pretty much man-of-the-match in that performance. That’s hardly “languishing”. We have a specific purpose in Kyle playing reserve grade at the moment, all in the best long term interests of Kyle’s future NRL career. The author goes on to say that the “parties could not agree to terms”. What parties? What terms? What discussions? There have been zero discussions around Kyle Flanagan between Manly and myself. Zero!! Give the kid a break. Please." - Gus

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Flanno Snr is pushing hard for it no doubt about it. He also said on the radio:

“We’ve got Schuster out for an extended period and we lose DCE to origin, it’s a position we are looking to strengthen”
Lol as if Kyle is going to “strengthen “ that position.

T-Rocket

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Newspaper report today - “One player who won’t be heading to Brookvale is (Kyle) Flanagan. Manly had expressed interest in the Canterbury halfback, who is off contract at the end of the year and currently languishing in reserve grade. The Sea Eagles were only interested in signing Flanagan – whose father, premiership-winning coach Shane, is a member of the club’s brains trust – for the remainder of the 2023 campaign as halves cover. While there was some appeal in having him on standby for Daly Cherry-Evans during State of Origin duty, or in the case of an injury, the parties weren’t able to agree terms”

"This reporting is just as inaccurate as the original story, and follow up stories, which suggested Kyle Flanagan had already signed with Manly, and that it was a done deal, effective immediately. All of it rubbish and total fabrication. Firstly, Kyle Flanagan was never heading to Manly. In this latest report the author suggests “Manly had expressed interest in the Canterbury half-back” Wrong. No one from Manly contacted me regarding Kyle Flanagan The author suggests that Flanagan is “currently languishing in reserve grade” Kyle Flanagan is not languishing in reserve grade. He’s played one reserve grade game in 13 months and was pretty much man-of-the-match in that performance. That’s hardly “languishing”. We have a specific purpose in Kyle playing reserve grade at the moment, all in the best long term interests of Kyle’s future NRL career. The author goes on to say that the “parties could not agree to terms”. What parties? What terms? What discussions? There have been zero discussions around Kyle Flanagan between Manly and myself. Zero!! Give the kid a break. Please." - Gus
Smelling like the media made up a story to get clicks then reporting on it not being true to get clicks.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

A manly supporter wrote,
"As underwhelming a signing as Aaron Woods"

Bwahahahahahahahaaaa!