Flanagan proved beyond any doubt he is not a first grade half

bulldogguy

New Pup
Reaction score
imo he's old man is having to much to say to him at home ie you should play this way , don't worry about what barrett says listen to me , play your own game lmfao well look where thats getting him i hope shane gets a gig real soon so he can take him off our hands

Malpass

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I recall watching news footage of Barrett showing the guys how to run to the line and then pass earlier in the year.
Does it go in one ear out the next ....
FFS Barrett was a good halve in his day ,could run pass kick
Are the halves not comprehending what he tells them or are they instructed to catch and pass and complete sets.
As Gordon tallis said u can have a high completion rate these days but if u don't doing anything with the ball and rely on opposition errors then u won't win jack.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If team sheet Tuesday doesn't read as follows for the rest of the year then Barrett can go fuck himself.

7. BBO

Don't care what the rest of the team looks like.
There is a god thankyou sort of. I'll take the no. 6 on his back for now but should be no. 7 when Burton arrives.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the more opportunity Flanagan is getting in FG, the more conclusive it is that he is not FG standard, the harder it will be to move him on

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I said it when we signed him that Flanagan isn't the answer.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
the more opportunity Flanagan is getting in FG, the more conclusive it is that he is not FG standard, the harder it will be to move him on
he needs to be in a system like the storm. He is very structured and doesnt play eyes up footy. Look at BBO straight away plays off the cuff first set. BBO is a work in progress but he is 19 and very exciting. He has speed and vision which we need at the moment.

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Unfortunately we just got more of the same from Flanno which is total crap for a NRL number 7.

You would think he would have at least rolled the dice, take on the line, really nail his kicks, especially with his career seemingly hanging by a thread. But what did we get, the exact same blueprint that he gave us for the first 10 games....nothing

Without hyping up BBO too much, in his limited opportunities in NRL he looks confident, has created and scored tries, has kicked for a repeat set, his defence is solid in the middle of the ruck. The kid just looks like a footballer and looks like he belongs.

He has shown more in his limited minutes in first grade than Flanagan has shown in 12 games

The cream always rises to the top and I think BBO is here to stay

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
I recall watching news footage of Barrett showing the guys how to run to the line and then pass earlier in the year.
Does it go in one ear out the next ....
FFS Barrett was a good halve in his day ,could run pass kick
Are the halves not comprehending what he tells them or are they instructed to catch and pass and complete sets.
As Gordon tallis said u can have a high completion rate these days but if u don't doing anything with the ball and rely on opposition errors then u won't win jack.
Maybe Flanagan (and our other halves) should listen to Barrett, who obviously knows a thing or two about playing in the halves - see below.

Trent Barrett Statistics
Representative games
Awards
  • Dally M: Dally M Player of the Year in 2000
  • Super League Players' Player of the Year 2007

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can someone bring up stats on how many points we have scored with flano in the halves. I’m curious to see if we ever hit double digits with him playing
Can we also see how many points the opposition has scored?

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I feel sorry for the guy; and I hope he has had all the assistance and mentoring he needs; but his father is an NRL coach, so if he hasn't learned anything from him, there's not much more the Dogs can do.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I feel sorry for the guy; and I hope he has had all the assistance and mentoring he needs; but his father is an NRL coach, so if he hasn't learned anything from him, there's not much more the Dogs can do.
Correct, really for all concerned the best result would be following his dad to the Tiges(we will beat them and put another nail in Madge's coffin)if he gets that gig in '22.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Time to find a 9 to 5 job like the majority of us.

ricko_29

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imagine getting another shot, with new eyes in Gus watching you, looking at what you can provide, and all you can provide is the same inside ball no where near the defnesive line over and over again, never changed it up, didn't show and go, didn't dummy and go back line. NOTHING

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Can we also see how many points the opposition has scored?
Good question Chris.

I don't have the overall statistics on Flanagan, but I can say that in the last 2 games he has played, the scores were Manly 66 d Bulldogs 0 and Titans 34 d Bulldogs 6.

So by my calculations, that brings up a very neat 100 points conceded by Bulldogs whilst scoring 6. Those are really disgraceful statistics.

I should add that whilst Flanagan has no doubt contributed to the above, it is not entirely his fault. Plenty of others should hang their heads in shame as well.

Last edited:

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good question Chris.

I don't have the overall statistics on Flanagan, but I can say that in the last 2 games he has played, the scores were Manly 66 d Bulldogs 0 and Titans 34 d Bulldogs 6.

So by my calculations, that brings up a very neat 100 points conceded by Bulldogs whilst scoring 6. Those are really disgraceful statistics.

I should add that whilst Flanagan has no doubt contributed to the above, it is not entirely his fault. Plenty of others should hang their heads in shame as well.
Definitely not his fault alone. It makes me wonder how he might have performed with a better Hooker and forwards around him; but it only takes one weak link in the current squad for the whole lot to lose focus.

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely not his fault alone. It makes me wonder how he might have performed with a better Hooker and forwards around him; but it only takes one weak link in the current squad for the whole lot to lose focus.
It wouldn’t matter if Cameron smith was hooker, once flanno has the ball in hand he does absolutely nothing with it

Gunnasmc

Waterboy
Reaction score
POS is probably tanking trying to get his daddy a job