Opinion Flanagan’s last rights at Hooker

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Flanagan plays hooker- we lose. Mahony back at hooker - we win.
You kid, but I think if Flano had started that Parra game at hooker, we would have gone close to winning that game. People underestimate how much Reed cost us in that match.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I must say Flanno’s strong suit was his defence and numerous “1%’er” efforts. Always backing up. However apart from a few nice passes here and there, he is unfortunately not the creative “line breaking” force we needed at half back. He apparently was MoM in NSW Cup last week I hear. That is about the level of most ESL matches.
Said this several times Flanno, go to ESL.
If he goes, he should take Mahoney with him.

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great idea and I hope flanno does well at hooker.
Just needs to tackle well and get good quality ball to halves.
Just need to be an uncomplicated hooker and back up for Reed.

707_2Belmore

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Leading the league in missed tackles and penalties conceded...very high up on the error count as well... only 3 try assists from 9 games. Constantly taking bad options. But yeah, Reed's having a cracker of a year! #kennellogic
and how many try assists did flanno have from as many games this year?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
and how many try assists did flanno have from as many games this year?
Think he was averaging a little under one every 2 games. Not great, but a lot better than 0 from 8 games...and better than both Mahoney and Burton this year. He was also steering the team around well, and we looked a lot more cohesive than we have for most of this year.

707_2Belmore

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Think he was averaging a little under one every 2 games. Not great, but a lot better than 0 from 8 games...and better than both Mahoney and Burton this year. He was also steering the team around well, and we looked a lot more cohesive than we have for most of this year.
I asked how many try assists THIS year. Pointing out Mahoney only has 3 when there’s a donut next to your name.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I asked how many try assists THIS year. Pointing out Mahoney only has 3 when there’s a donut next to your name.
That just adds further weight to my point - that Flanagan is better than he has shown this year and Ciraldo and Mahoney's decision to not show faith in him and to deprive him of quality ball have been the major reason for that.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keeping out of the way of Rajab and Hayward developing in the halves.
Rajab is overacted....we pump up our juniors so much....the forgotten man is BBO....hope he kills it when he comes back from injury

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I totally get you're a contrarian and hate groupthink. I get the effort to make sure we don't drink the koolaid.

Can you honestly say, holistically, that the Dogs would be better with flanno than Reed at hooker? Not just about a collection of stats, but truly, our whole team would be better with flanno at 9?

For the life of me I can't see anyone trying harder than Reed. He makes mistakes, but on the list of things I'd prefer, try too hard and miss is better to me than attempt less and make fewer errors. Especially for us right now. I want someone out there lifting our team's heads with effort when things go wrong
Reed only problem was trying to do Flano's job as well as his own, but Flanagun cant see it or is not smart enough to see it.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because I think it is a question which fails to address the real issues. Flanagan is not a superstar, but he is a better player than he has been allowed to show this year and his coach could and should have gotten more out of him. That is the issue, as I see it.
Are you saying that Cirillo wanted Flanagan to play poorley for some reason, and that why he has'nt shown his true potential.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Reed/Fu/Kyle as a 1,2,3 hierarchy is actually pretty good.
They key is if kyle shows continued aptitude and halves his salary

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Leading the league in missed tackles and penalties conceded...very high up on the error count as well... only 3 try assists from 9 games. Constantly taking bad options. But yeah, Reed's having a cracker of a year! #kennellogic
Then how bad is it that he will continue to play first grade and Flanagan won’t? [emoji23]

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Rajab is overacted....we pump up our juniors so much....the forgotten man is BBO....hope he kills it when he comes back from injury
I love BBO but as he is injured, Rajab is learning the ropes. Doesn't mean he jumps ahead of BBO.

PS I actually said the same thing earlier this week, BBO is the forgotten man. I know for a fact he was supposed to partner Burton before his injury. Both Gus and CC love him and see a heap of potential.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flanno shouldn't be in any NRL 1st grade spine unless the club concerned is making backdoor bets to TAB to clean up on getting the spoon.