Opinion Flanagan’s last rights at Hooker

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was wanting peoples opinions on Flanagan playing hooker in reserves.
The only thing he doesn’t do is run the ball and create as often as we like.
Is this a ploy to get him to run the ball more ?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Back in first grade soon? To do what? Maybe to stand as the corner post
No, to play hooker in place of our current hooker - who has been diabolical. I thought that was made clear in my original post.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Reasons Kyle is playing hooker in reggies:
1. Gray is injured. Clarke is released.
2. Hayward and Rajab are in front of him in halves.
3. We no longer supply players to Mounties.
4. Tarsha Gale & Womens' NRL seasons have finished.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Oh dear. I dont have a helpline number available for you at the moment, but you do need help. Delusions....
Leading the league in missed tackles and penalties conceded...very high up on the error count as well... only 3 try assists from 9 games. Constantly taking bad options. But yeah, Reed's having a cracker of a year! #kennellogic

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Leading the league in missed tackles and penalties conceded...very high up on the error count as well... only 3 try assists from 9 games. Constantly taking bad options. But yeah, Reed's having a cracker of a year! #kennellogic
You do realise of course that up until last week (when Flanagan was dropped) Mahoney was overplaying his hand. Through necessity, he has basically been doing the jobs of two players in attack and organisation because those aspects of Flanagan’s game are non-existent. Let’s wait and see how Mahoney performs now he has better players around him.

Last edited:

PeteHazz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I totally get you're a contrarian and hate groupthink. I get the effort to make sure we don't drink the koolaid.

Can you honestly say, holistically, that the Dogs would be better with flanno than Reed at hooker? Not just about a collection of stats, but truly, our whole team would be better with flanno at 9?

For the life of me I can't see anyone trying harder than Reed. He makes mistakes, but on the list of things I'd prefer, try too hard and miss is better to me than attempt less and make fewer errors. Especially for us right now. I want someone out there lifting our team's heads with effort when things go wrong

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
still has more try involvements than Flanagun this season......

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Reed will have to play out of his skin. He will be looking over his shoulder knowing at any moment his spot could be taken by the Gun.
He will at very least have to stop shirt grabbing and playing with the discipline of a Buckingham Palace guard with a loose bladder and severe case of ADHD.