Opinion Flanagan’s future

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
A quick glance:

- JMK played his first few Fins games with a very capable 7 with Sean Sullivan. We don’t have the same at the Dogs with Flange, so @Flanagun is diverting blame to our 9.

. Since Sullivan and Milford got injured in Ipswich, their form has faltered. JMK is now 7.

- Apart from ‘faith in Reed’, why did the Dogs let JMK go after trying to develop him as a 9 for 3 seasons? I think it’s because although he had quality moments, the view was he’s not in the elite class of NRL 9’s. Otherwise we would have kept him at Belmore.

- Flange’s inability to own the 7 is the root cause and why he won’t be retained post ‘23 despite slim pickings to replace him. It’s clear, Flange is out and we have to focus elsewhere to find a winning 7.
Flanagan was playing more capably last year before Reed sauntered in and started micro managing him out of games. The excuses being made for Reed are getting ridiculous. He is responsible for his own bad form and it’s silly to blame Flano when Reed has been butchering plays before his 7 even gets the ball.

As for the dolphins, they aren’t travelling too badly. They are last start winners and were in the fight against a red hot Souths side until the refs blew them out of the contest. They will be better for the return of their halves, but they are still tracking alright,

The club let JMK go for the same reason they have let countless other talented players go in the past…. Because their talent identification sucks and they can’t see that the club’s systems have been more of a problem than a lot of the talent that has come through. No doubt they thought JMK wasn’t in the elite class, but it is becoming more apparent by the week that they were wrong. If we wanted a ready made elite hooker, why didn’t we buy one instead of a second tier player like Reed?

Not sure what you’re getting at with the last point. I guess it’s just a rehash of your poor Reed has to play with Flano point, This isn’t a debate about Flano, he obviously won’t be here next year and I agree we need someone better. That doesn’t change the fact he was playing better when JMK was our hooker than he has this year. Good players make fringe players look better, not worse.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Flanagan was playing more capably last year before Reed sauntered in and started micro managing him out of games. The excuses being made for Reed are getting ridiculous. He is responsible for his own bad form and it’s silly to blame Flano when Reed has been butchering plays before his 7 even gets the ball.

As for the dolphins, they aren’t travelling too badly. They are last start winners and were in the fight against a red hot Souths side until the refs blew them out of the contest. They will be better for the return of their halves, but they are still tracking alright,

The club let JMK go for the same reason they have let countless other talented players go in the past…. Because their talent identification sucks and they can’t see that the club’s systems have been more of a problem than a lot of the talent that has come through. No doubt they thought JMK wasn’t in the elite class, but it is becoming more apparent by the week that they were wrong. If we wanted a ready made elite hooker, why didn’t we buy one instead of a second tier player like Reed?

Not sure what you’re getting at with the last point. I guess it’s just a rehash of your poor Reed has to play with Flano point, This isn’t a debate about Flano, he obviously won’t be here next year and I agree we need someone better. That doesn’t change the fact he was playing better when JMK was our hooker than he has this year. Good players make fringe players look better, not worse.
Now your blaming reed for flano being shit oh boy!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I’ve lost the plot bahahahahha now you know how everyone sees you.
How did you debunk Reeds stats when I’ve said multiple times stats mean nothing in 8 rounds?
Again schooled by what? you thinking JMK is better cause you say so?
Again you have No footy knowledge, passing is the most important part of being a hooker defence comes second.
Timing is everything when it comes to playing the hooker role, if defence was the main attribute then flano would be hooker or Lewis.
Again just Incase you didn’t get what I was saying stats don’t mean shit in 8 rounds .
Please stop replying. You are not a worthy adversary. Your arguments make no sense and I think reading them is making me stupider.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Now your blaming reed for flano being shit oh boy!
Not for being shit, but for being shitter. 100 percent. Are you actually trying to argue that Flanagan wasn’t playing better last year?

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Please stop replying. You are not a worthy adversary. Your arguments make no sense and I think reading them is making me stupider.
Cause you are stupid with no footy knowledge.
You think JMK is a super star because you say so, 99% of the kennel disagree with you but you still argue.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not for being shit, but for being shitter. 100 percent. Are you actually trying to argue that Flanagan wasn’t playing better last year?
Flano got dropped until he had a sook and came back to first grade.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Cause you are stupid with no footy knowledge.
You think JMK is a super star because you say so, 99% of the kennel disagree with you but you still argue.
Dude who says a hooker’s only job is to pass says I know nothing about footy. Peak comedy.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dude who says a hooker’s only job is to pass says I know nothing about footy. Peak comedy.
I didn’t say only job, I said his main job is to pass and defence is second, big difference.
Not everyone can play hooker.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I didn’t say only job, I said his main job is to pass and defence is second, big difference.
Not everyone can play hooker.
The job of a hooker is his passing

Your exact words

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I’m sure CC dropped flano cause reed was shit.
He dropped Flano because he’s drowning and desperately seeking answers. He can’t drop the bloke he made captain. That would make him look more clueless than he already looks now.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The job of a hooker is his passing

Your exact words
You know exactly what I’m saying, we are talking about reed and JMK and how slow the service of jmk is compared to Reed.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He dropped Flano because he’s drowning and desperately seeking answers. He can’t drop the bloke he made captain. That would make him look more clueless than he already looks now.
Seriously if a coach won’t drop a player for being shit then he shouldn’t coach.
it doesn’t matter if he is the captain. Coach needs to do what’s best for the team and flano out is best for the team