Opinion Fittler as coach?

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Give yourself an uppercut. Slandering our players is disgusting. Grow up. Flanno has the runs on the board. He will get us fit and aggressive in D, and completely revamp our attack, just as he with the Sharks.
Good times would return with Flanno steering the goodship Bulldogs.
No other coach comes close. At the height of Cronullas prowess, Flanno was as good as Robinson and Bellamy. It's Flanno first daylight second. Why go with the rest when you can pick the best?
Bring him in for a chat on Friday please Gus. Forget Fittler, he's about to lose the SOO series, then nobody in their right mind would think he's up to NRL standard week in week out as a Coach.
Where did i slander any of our players u clown?
I've stated multiple times on here that i know for a fucking fact Flanno wont be the coach, so i'll slander him all i want!
edit: the bloke i was referring to in the post you misquoted (where u thought i was slandering our players lol) was @Flanagun, not exactly a player

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Bulldog Brower

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Where did i slander any of our players u clown?
I've stated multiple times on here that i know for a fucking fact Flanno wont be the coach, so i'll slander him all i want!
edit: the bloke i was referring to in the post you misquoted (where u thought i was slandering our players lol) was @Flanagun, not exactly a player
So Flanno won’t be coach. Why is that? And who do you think will be?
Apologies if you have already posted this info & I have missed it.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People talking up Robbinson should not forget that in the background the Rotters have Politis, who can pull any string he wants in the NRL.
100% correct.

Haven't seen any mention of Robinson but anyone who has, is deluded if they think he's the answer to our coaching problems. I believe he's tied up with the Rorters for a good while anyway. They're a great fit.

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
100% correct.

Haven't seen any mention of Robinson but anyone who has, is deluded if they think he's the answer to our coaching problems. I believe he's tied up with the Rorters for a good while anyway. They're a great fit.
So not only is Fittler better than Flano, Madge & Green, he is better than Robinson!

What's next?, Fittler has Bellamy and Bennett in his back pockets?

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely after Fittler loses this years SOO series, Gould wouldn't dare mention him and coaching the Dogs in the same breathe. There would seriously be blood in the water for Goulds head.
Flanno is the right man. Second choice I'd prefer Toovey to Maguire.
NSW looked clueless last night, they had no energy, no direction and looked like a Fittler coached team. Picking a centre on the bench, a 5/8 at centre and one of the most plod packs I've seen in years. Imagine what the team would have looked like had not Alexander and Burderus not been there? Any success Fittler has as a coach is flucked imho.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The players a coach can attract is as important as the coach himself when sitting on the bottom of the ladder. Which coach will attract the better players ? I tend to lean towards Fittler

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fittler is no coach.

NSW has the better talent across the board and yet they were comprehensively beaten because our team selections and our tactics were abysmal. Flannagan is honestly the way to go

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The players a coach can attract is as important as the coach himself when sitting on the bottom of the ladder. Which coach will attract the better players ? I tend to lean towards Fittler
Paying overs is what attracts good players to teams that are bottom of the ladder. Who is coach is way down the list.

The best coach is someone that can get the most out of average players. I don’t see Fittler as anywhere near an NRL level coach. Being an Origin coach is easy compared with the day in day grind of an NRL coach.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paying overs is what attracts good players to teams that are bottom of the ladder. Who is coach is way down the list.

The best coach is someone that can get the most out of average players. I don’t see Fittler as anywhere near an NRL level coach. Being an Origin coach is easy compared with the day in day grind of an NRL coach.
Money does talk but so does relationships. Coaches that have a an existing rapport with a player have a better chance of getting the deals over the line. I.e Barrett/Burton … at least with Freddy he has been involved with nsw development players so has been in contact with some of the best young talent the game has.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Barrett was awesome at attracting players and look how we ended up. You need it all as a coach and your team around the coach is just as important to fill the gaps

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sign pattern for 24 cows will then release him for 23 like the Ivan switch

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Players don’t play for NSW because they want to play for Fittler.. If Fittler is not the NSW coach and is employed by Canterbury (I refuse to use the word coach) why would players be attracted to us…

He is a flake, and his waste of NSW talent yesterday was embarrassing. The only thing more embarrassing was his dummy spitting about QLD holding down in tackles.

Pathetic.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So not only is Fittler better than Flano, Madge & Green, he is better than Robinson!

What's next?, Fittler has Bellamy and Bennett in his back pockets?
I take it comprehension wasn't a strong suit when you were at school........Where did I say Fittler was better than Flanno, Madge & Green or even Robinson.

What I did say was that Fittler wasn't my first choice as coach but I preferred him over the other coaches NOT because I think he is better than them but he would be a better fit with Gus working behind the scenes. I'd be happy to see us string a few wins together at the back half of this season and give Potter a go full time, for next year at least, he's played and bled for the club. If not Ciraldo would be my preferred option but Penrith aren't keen to let him go just yet.

While those other coaches have each one a GF with their respective clubs, they all fell from grace very quickly after those GF wins and Madge and Green left well before their contracts were finished based on very poor results and also falling out with a LOT of the players.

I hadn't seen Robinson in any discussion until I saw someone mention his name earlier and anyway it's ludicrous to even mention him as he's extended his contract with the Rorters until the end of 2028. So we can take his name out of discussions.