First signing for 2024 will be ?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I enjoy watching Fifita. He can definitely have an impact on games and brings in the fans. But having watched him a little I wonder whether he delivers value for the sort of money he must be after. Isn't a world-class prop more a priority?
If he plays to his ability he’s worth the $.

Last season he didn’t but they are saying his market value at moment is around 750k.

He’s worth that for sure.

If we where a player I’d be pushing tpj to prop with king.

Again I highly doubt we are. We need an elite star and a very good 1/7 or 7/1.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s not.

There is no cooling off period and never will be again. Once the contract is signed it is submitted for registration. Once it’s registered it’s final. Unless they get struck down with home sickness or their dog dies or the temperature is 1 degree different to the brochure….other than any minor inconvenience the contract is rock solid from signature….
Not what Gus is saying on twitter when asked this very question.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s not.

There is no cooling off period and never will be again. Once the contract is signed it is submitted for registration. Once it’s registered it’s final. Unless they get struck down with home sickness or their dog dies or the temperature is 1 degree different to the brochure….other than any minor inconvenience the contract is rock solid from signature….

this is a Post on Twitter that references a Cooling Off Period

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Apparently other kennellers don't believe this post or Gus so it's all a lie/smoke and mirrors :tearsofjoy:

Last edited:

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Gus Gould is Gold as we think what's the best possible signings he could make for 2024. In my opinion it would be these 3 AND we have an inside advantage with all 3. Williams or Klemmer could actually be for 2023 using Jacko's money

George Williams - best 7 available if he wants to come back to Australia. Bateman does and he said in an article a few months ago he thinks Williams would have stayed in Aust if it wasn't for Covid flight restrictions making him homesick. Williams has the perfect short kicking game to compliment Burton's long kicking game. Long term friend of Ryan Sutton according to this article

Latrell Mitchell - definitely the best fullback "available" and can often be the difference in winning big matches against even the best teams. A genuine gamebreaker on his day. Mates with JAC. I've noticed a few recent photos of them out and about together in England. Many say Latrell will never leave the Bunnies. Many said the same thing when he was at the Roosters. Why wasn't he extended before Nov 1 then ?

David Klemmer - great metre eater. Big body. Now has an offload again which he never used under Des. We really need some experience in the engine room with Jacko and Vaughan gone. The only player (besides Reynolds) able to qualify for our 200K long term player allowance so we'll virtually get him at a 200K discount under the cap. (eg: we pay him 650K but only 450K is counted on our cap) Big advantage so we should use it. Mates with Josh Reynolds. Leniu I imagine would cost us around 500K

1 Latrell Mitchell
2 JAC
3 Aaron Schoupp / Alamoti / Skelton / Averillo
4 Braidon Burns
5 Jacob Kiraz
6 Matt Burton
7 George Williams
8 David Klemmer / Spencer Leniu
9 Reed Mahoney
10 TPJ
11 Viliame Kikau
12 RFM
13 Max King

14 BBO
15 Ryan Sutton
16 Andrew Davey
17 Franklin Pele
18 Jackson Topine

Random that we signed Sutton out of nowhere and maybe signing JAC was part of a plan also to attract Latrell. Wouldn't surprise me if signing these 2 were part of a bigger plan to also get George Williams and Latrell. Remember also how Gus was about the only one who immediately and very publicly defended Latrell over his illegal hit on Manu.

It would take around 1.1M to sign Moses and around 700K to sign Crichton so say 1.8M in total. Mitchell at 1.1M and Williams at around 700k would cost around the same and better use of the same money with 2 genuine gamebreakers.

Shedding Jacko, Thompson, Flanagan and Allan frees up around 2.3M for 2024 plus we can get a bit more if we let go of other off contract players like Waddell etc

Last edited:

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If Gus Gould is Gold as we think what's the best possible signings he could make for 2024. In my opinion it would be these 3 AND we have an inside advantage with all 3. Williams or Klemmer could actually be for 2023 using Jacko's money

George Williams - best 7 available if he wants to come back to Australia. Bateman does and he said in an article a few months ago he thinks Williams would have stayed in Aust if it wasn't for Covid flight restrictions making him homesick. Williams has the perfect short kicking game to compliment Burton's long kicking game. Long term friend of Ryan Sutton according to this article

Latrell Mitchell - definitely the best fullback "available" and can often be the difference in winning big matches against even the best teams. A genuine gamebreaker on his day. Mates with JAC. I've noticed a few recent photos of them out and about together in England. Many say Latrell will never leave the Bunnies. Many said the same thing when he was at the Roosters. Why wasn't he extended before Nov 1 then ?

David Klemmer - great metre eater. Big body. Now has an offload again which he never used under Des. We really need some experience in the engine room with Jacko and Vaughan gone. The only player (besides Reynolds) able to qualify for our 200K long term player allowance so we'll virtually get him at a 200K discount under the cap. (eg: we pay him 650K but only 450K is counted on our cap) Big advantage so we should use it. Mates with Josh Reynolds. Leniu I imagine would cost us around 500K

1 Latrell Mitchell
2 JAC
4 Braidon Burns
5 Jacob Kiraz
6 Matt Burton
7 George Williams
9 Reed Mahoney
10 TPJ
11 Viliame Kikau
12 RFM
13 Max King

14 BBO
15 Ryan Sutton
16 Andrew Davey
17 Franklin Pele
18 Jackson Topine

Random that we signed Sutton out of nowhere and maybe signing JAC was part of a plan also to attract Latrell. Wouldn't surprise me if signing these 2 were part of a bigger plan to also get George Williams and Latrell. Remember also how Gus was about the only one who immediately and very publicly defended Latrell over his illegal hit on Manu.

It would take around 1.1M to sign Moses and around 700K to sign Crichton so say 1.8M in total. Mitchell at 1.1M and Williams at around 700k would cost around the same and better use of the same money with 2 genuine gamebreakers.

Shedding Jacko, Thompson, Flanagan and Allan frees up around 2.3M for 2024 plus we can get a bit more if we let go of other off contract players like Waddell etc
1.1 mil for Moses, fuck me dead.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

1 Latrell Mitchell
2 JAC
4 Braidon Burns
5 Jacob Kiraz
6 Matt Burton
7 George Williams
9 Reed Mahoney
10 TPJ
11 Viliame Kikau
12 RFM
13 Max King

14 BBO
15 Ryan Sutton
16 Andrew Davey
17 Franklin Pele
18 Jackson Topine

Lol braden burns

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1.1 mil for Moses, fuck me dead.
IF we want him that's what it will likely cost. He's on 900K now they say and the Eels will go to 1M. Another reason why I hope Gus is talking to Williams. Better player for cheaper

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Latrell Mitchell/Stephen Crichton/Will Kennedy/Daine Laurie
2. Sione Katoa/Brian To'o/Dominic Young/Greg Marzhew
Paul Alamoti
4. Bronson Xerri
Josh Addo-Carr
6. Matt Burton
7. George Williams/Mitchell Moses/Jackson Hastings

8. David Klemmer/Toafofoa Sipley/Bunty Afoa/Hame Sele/Nelson Asofa-Solomona
Reed Mahoney
10. Martin Taupau
Villiame Kikau
12. David Fifita
Tevita Pangai Junior

14. Fa'amanu Brown
15. Spencer Leniu
Max King
17. Franklin Pele ("Frank the Tank") :triumph:

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol braden burns
Burns can pass the ball at least unlike Schoupp. Played well when he was at Souths. Maybe Alamoti and Skelton will come good. Averillo had a good game at centre just before he moved to fullback. Casey could come onto the wing and Kiraz move into the centres. Xerri also a chance. We can't afford to have stars everywhere.

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think Moses will stay at Parra. I hope it's not Crichton. He's a good player but I'm not convinced about him as a fullback and the money he'd be chasing is way more than he's worth.
I'm with you on this. I just don't see the standout talent amongst all the hype. Pass.

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1. Latrell Mitchell/Stephen Crichton/Will Kennedy/Daine Laurie
2. Sione Katoa/Brian To'o/Dominic Young/Greg Marzhew
Paul Alamoti
4. Bronson Xerri
Josh Addo-Carr
6. Matt Burton
7. George Williams/Mitchell Moses/Jackson Hastings

8. David Klemmer/Toafofoa Sipley/Bunty Afoa/Hame Sele/Nelson Asofa-Solomona
Reed Mahoney
10. Martin Taupau
Villiame Kikau
12. David Fifita
Tevita Pangai Junior

14. Fa'amanu Brown
15. Spencer Leniu
Max King
17. Franklin Pele ("Frank the Tank") :triumph:
I'm looking at this crap and thinking how long you have followed our team. Half of those listed don't have the Dogs/Berries gene in them. We were once the "Family Club" we need to get back to that to ingrain the passion.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Htf is Williams a game breaker OP?

Also didn't Mitchell extend til '25? Hope so.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm looking at this crap and thinking how long you have followed our team. Half of those listed don't have the Dogs/Berries gene in them. We were once the "Family Club" we need to get back to that to ingrain the passion.
His team wishlists are a load of shite, spews them out on a daily basis nearly too :tearsofjoy:

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The Dogs have just signed Hayze Perham from Parra. Can play half, fullback, center or wing. Not a bad signing I think. Will come in handy and may even fill the fullback or 1/2 position if needed.

We also signed Andrew Davy (Manly), Franklin Pele (Sharks) young big prop, Jacob Preston (Sydney/Bears) talented ball playing 2nd row, Iverson Matai (young half with heaps of talent), Jordan Samrani (Sharks) outside back but also mentions he plays in the forwards and was in future Blues team and Samuel Hughes (Parra) another big prop whose had some NRL experience and played for U19 Blues.

I like the way we are building young talent rather than splashing out big money for flops like in the past. I think we are headed in the right direction. With other young players like Topine, Patolo, Kiraz, Alamoti, Casey we are building a good future team.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The Dogs have just signed Hayze Perham from Parra. Can play half, fullback, center or wing. Not a bad signing I think. Will come in handy and may even fill the fullback or 1/2 position if needed.

We also signed Andrew Davy (Manly), Franklin Pele (Sharks) young big prop, Jacob Preston (Sydney/Bears) talented ball playing 2nd row, Iverson Matai (young half with heaps of talent), Jordan Samrani (Sharks) outside back but also mentions he plays in the forwards and was in future Blues team and Samuel Hughes (Parra) another big prop whose had some NRL experience and played for U19 Blues.

I like the way we are building young talent rather than splashing out big money for flops like in the past. I think we are headed in the right direction. With other young players like Topine, Patolo, Kiraz, Alamoti, Casey we are building a good future team.
Perham could be a good 14 with how frequent HIA's are. I think you need outside back coverage on the bench in today's game.