Finals Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Honestly i didn't see one view that i could with 100% confidence say yep he knocked that on or even the other way and say yep he definitely didn't knock that on. The other contentious decision with manly attacking i actually missed so no idea about that one.
there was a kick through ruled a try and reviewed for offside, it was centimeters in it across the field and i think it was 63% chance of offside but the try was taken away because i feel the referees had some special desire to overrule it

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DJR8ZOEUQAAQmjd.jpg

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh, but don't you remember; he was the poster child in the NRL in 2015 and beyond criticism. His moment in the sun is slowly ending, his officiating has been on the downturn and the new poster child is Matt Cecchin. Heaven help us if Sutton gets a look in come grand Final day.
Thing.is, Sutton isn't a good referee.
He makes so many incorrect calls.
All the time he makes mistakes, I seriously can't understand how he is still considered only of the leading referees!

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
there was a kick through ruled a try and reviewed for offside, it was centimeters in it across the field and i think it was 63% chance of offside but the try was taken away because i feel the referees had some special desire to overrule it

im hoping the bunker was already looking at the replay because they called the offside in about 0.01 seconds

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

he does have to have both feet behind the kicker and his right foot looks in front on that angle but yeah that is pretty close. The NFL coverage seems to be able to accurately draw a line across the field, why can't we use that tech?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
im hoping the bunker was already looking at the replay because they called the offside in about 0.01 seconds
they were looking at the replay, so that means they made the decision in about 2.7-3.9 seconds

for some unknown reason the bunker cant rule on a forward pass but can overrule a try like this for 3cm offside in 2.7 seconds despite needing 100% proof to overrule any decision

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
he does have to have both feet behind the kicker and his right foot looks in front on that angle but yeah that is pretty close. The NFL coverage seems to be able to accurately draw a line across the field, why can't we use that tech?
that function was $88,000 a year extra but greenberg had to use that money for a dinner event

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if Manly were smart in giving him the green light to sledge away. I remember their game against Canberra in Round 13 where they did everything possible to put him off with sledging whilst taking the winning kick for goal in extra time. I felt aggrieved at that at the time but after hearing what he has been up to after that and in the last few weeks in games ( being a smart ass and sledging the Panthers bench as he walked past etc.) he does not deserve any sympathy.
Agreed 100% he's such a grub!

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
that function was $88,000 a year extra but greenberg had to use that money for a dinner event
Actually you are spot on, here is the pic with a line drawn from the bottom of the 10m line from one corner to the other. Not the massive curve due the FOV of the camera angle. Not enough evidence from that curving frame to say yes or no, should have gone with the refs call like the panthers try.

Last edited:

Ironstine

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Actually you are spot on, here is the pic with a line drawn from the bottom of the 10m line from one corner to the other. Not the massive curve due the FOV of the camera angle. Not enough evidence from that curving frame to say yes or no, should have gone with the refs call like the panthers try.

Any other game this year when they rule this a no try? Every single time I remember when it was close like this they awarded a try. Great time to change things around you imbeciles.

If Walker is offside then just about every Cameron Smith dummy half pass is forward.

Sironen gets injured earlier on in the game and in the tackle drops the ball 100% straight back before the tackle is complete. They used to call a ball dropped backwards a knock back but they feel free to do what they want now and the whistle was blown for what? I heard either the ref or a commentator say "ball lost in tackle" , so frigging what you are allowed to lose the ball in at tackle if it goes backwards! It isn't that complicated.

Ironstine

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
absolutely, they need to be 100% sure to overule a penrith try but its ok to be 93% sure to overturn both manly tries

manly can feel very unlucky about referee decisions this year, i remember the original panthers manly game this year was the most openly biased games to favour one side when perenara favoured penrith, then the tigers got a gift at leichhardt when their decoy runner stopped in the line to open it up for a last minute winner

It feels that way. Opening game of the season against Parra The Semi trailer was running along with no one near him and decided to not wait till he was tackled to play the ball. An Eagles player then did what the rules say you are meant to do and tackle him BEFORE he plays the ball and was penalised. They score soon after. It was just mind boggling.

Early losses to the Storm and Saints also included some howlers as well. Perenara was openly hostile towards Manly at Penrith and it was just embarrassing. I think Newcastle had a rough trot as well this year with refs'.

That last minute try by the Tigers against Manly included a pass which all the commentators said was forward as well as the decoy runner issue. No doubt other teams have rough calls as well but it wasn't great for the Eagles this year.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Eight penalties in less than 30 minutes from Ashley DeKlein.

Waiting for the Intrust live stream to start. Not watching the game, what is the quality like?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I see that peptide Paul is leading both the stats for most tackles and metres run according to NRL match centre.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I see that peptide Paul is leading both the stats for most tackles and metres run according to NRL match centre.
Because he thought someone was grabbing his illegal gear.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Ha ha the Sharkies get a little bewy of a rort. I say that's game. Good on ya Sharkies if you are lucky enough to get the wrong calls to win you the game then I guess you take it. Scum!

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
DeKlein at it again that is the worst ref assist I have ever seen. Sharks stuck in their own 20m line on 5th tackle and DeKlein blows a pen for a COLD DROP. Sharks go on to score off the pen.

We wonder why crowds are bad

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This whole calling try or no try when the ref supposedly has no clue makes the game so much easier to rig

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I know I have mentioned it previously, but why did Fox Sports hire Blocker.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A Cowboys player tackled with out the ball near the try line & nothing was done.

Status
Not open for further replies.