News Fans erupt as Canterbury coach Dean Pay drops Corey Harawira-Naera to reserve grade

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Pay is a pathetic coach he needs to fuck off

Dogsarnthavingaparty

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
https://www.sportingnews.com/au/lea...erbury-cup-dropped/1ft645eo0t7km1wrwfbkat6ofq

Canterbury coach Dean Pay has again mercilessly wielded the axe on a star player, dropping forward Corey Harawira-Naera to reserve grade on Saturday.

Harawira-Naera was named to play against the depleted Raiders in the NRL later in the evening but he ended up being pushed back to the Canterbury Cup.

He started in the second-row versus the Knights at ANZ Stadium in the precursor to the main event, scoring a powerful try in the first half.

The choice to demote Harawira-Naera baffled fans, with one sarcastically writing on Twitter: "We don't want to win."

Pay has not been shy in sending established NRL talent to the Canterbury Cup, with Harawira-Naera joining Lachlan Lewis, Kerrod Holland and Michael Lichaa in the second-tier.

Rhyse Martin has also switched between first grade and reggies in 2019.

In 10 NRL appearances this season, Harawira-Naera has averaged 82 metres and 31 tackles per match for the last-placed Bulldogs.

While he's an explosive hole runner, edge defence has proven an issue for the New Zealand native who has missed the most tackles at Canterbury with 46 and is ranked eighth overall in the competition.

Dean pay hasn't got a clue what he is doing keeps changing the team maybe he should lay off the booze the fucking looser your a fuck wit pay hand it in dumb arse

stinkypinky

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So pay replaces RFM butter fingers for one of our best attacking forward CHN wow to many head knocks pay

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is uncalculated and losing support rapidly.
He lost my support a year ago,I don't know how this current roster is worth 9 million,worst team to wear the blue&white in as long as I can remember

Dogsarnthavingaparty

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We're scoring fuck all points, why the fuck do you do you drop your most creative forward? And what about Jackson? **** has been fucking awful and misses crucial tackles every week yet he gets a free ride. Elliott rushed into the squad. Tolman with his pillow hitups and tackles.
I agree pays a full blown fuckwit nothing but a drunk alcoholic not a clue what he is doing fuck him off need to stick to this team for fuck sake its the future.
Meany 1
Montya2
Holland3
Hoppa4
Crittion5
Cogger6
Lewis7
Fuck foran off his old drift wood useless ****

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree pays a full blown fuckwit nothing but a drunk alcoholic not a clue what he is doing fuck him off need to stick to this team for fuck sake its the future.
Meany 1
Montya2
Holland3
Hoppa4
Crittion5
Cogger6
Lewis7
At the minute bud none of these blokes are part of our future. None of them are good enough.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fuck there’s some CHN nut huggers in this place....I’ll reserve judgement until after the game
And Elliot Jackson and smith can justify their spot over chn
He’s not a “star” but he’s miles ahead of the 3 mentioned above

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Meany 1
Montya2
Holland3
Hoppa4
Crittion5
Cogger6
Lewis7
You need to go watch our NSW Cup game today if you think Lewis is remotely close to NRL quality.

3 stupid passes thrown.
1 which directly lead to a try.
1 which sailed over the sideline.
1 which was about 2m behind the intended player.

Then there was 1-2 kicks straight into an opposition player.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And Elliot Jackson and smith can justify their spot over chn
He’s not a “star” but he’s miles ahead of the 3 mentioned above
Jackson’s looking tired...but they’re not in the same league bro, your delusional

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Honestly we have a very capable side espec backrow but pay has turned a strength into a weakness with his inept selections and chopping changing. Rfm belongs on the left, chn right, jackson middle. Keep those combimations and we are winning more games

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They wont sack Pay when they just extended him but by god he is doing a good job of organizing his own execution.

86Gtown

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Criticise him all you want. But Pay doesnt do things on a whim. Theres always a reason for his decisions.
CHN has the worst defence of all the forwards. Maybe that why he was dropped. Lewis suffered the same fate.
Tackle or get dropped.
I think you must have meant Dean doesn't do things to win? He is just another shit coach who has no idea. He coaches safe footy with no attack, hold the ball and tries will come.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Word on the street is he is being a smart ass at training and fucking around. Carrying on like king shit. If true not sure why he is so cocky, we are coming fucking last
probs just trying to bring some life into the place... seems like it was be a boring place to be.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No CHN, no holland = NO OFFLOADS.
WE HAD JUST ABOUT NO SECOND PHASE PLAY.
CHN and holland lead the league in offloads (top 10 definitely before dropped) - easily get 4-5 offloads a game, sometimes offloading as much as 7 times.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Jackson’s looking tired...but they’re not in the same league bro, your delusional
And what league is that my friend
Wooden spoon one or lowest point scoring team in 2 consecutive years league

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And what league is that my friend
Wooden spoon one or lowest point scoring team in 2 consecutive years league
You blaming the backrowers for those stats...yeah right it’s the fucking 9..7,6 and 1

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There are multiple better coaches down at your local junior league games every Saturday mornings I assure u.
This individual wouldn’t constitute a coaches arsehole
Absolutely zero idea and if he had any love for the club he once played for would resign effective immediately.
Peter bullfrog Moore would be rolling in his grave.
Raiders had 6 genuine stars out
Team selections and favouritism amongst players is abysmal and the sooner he leaves the sooner we can actually start our “rebuild”.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You blaming the backrowers for those stats...yeah right it’s the fucking 9..7,6 and 1
I was talking about team selections
Where did I mention stats
But plz continue to speak on my behalf