Fanatics Can Be Spastics

Status
Not open for further replies.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
What right do we have to judge whether a player should do what's best for his family ?

Really ?

and don't start with what about Sonny Bill, cause that dog signed and walked out mid season in the middle of the night like a dog.

But if a player has worked hard, done right by everyone, WHAT RIGHT do we have to say "No, you don't need to provide your family with a better life"

We are fans of the Bulldogs, that is it .. we support the club, not the players. We don't leave the club when the players leave. If a player has an opportunity to earn even 50k more a year, then he has every right to take that extra 700 bucks a week after tax and put it in his fathers hands and say

"Dad I don't want you work any more" ... do you wish you could provide your family with that same luxury ? I do ... and thats 50k extra, what about 200k ? .. putting $3000 a WEEK in your families hands

and if that opportunity comes, who the fark are you to tell me I can't .. why cause you "support me when I'm playing well and winning games ?"

Fark you, STFU and let it go

Jamal is a class act, always been good to us for what we're worth and good luck to him

Bring on an extension to Lafai, bring on James Graham and go the Bulldogs !! Until they decide to leave and bring on the next bloke who we'll support in blue and white FML honestly

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
hence why i have laughed it off, cuz i would do the same. Id never be loyal to any sporting team cuz i know they wont be loyal to me if i offer them what they want always.

screw that, go where the money is. **** even if the team coming last offers me overs, ill be going there

Moodey

Unknown
Reaction score
Nicely said. At the end of the day, they are human too.

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
OK yes but of course we are going to feel hurt and rejected.

Like we are not good enough for him.

As fans with emotional investments it is often hard to be objective and look at this only as a business transaction.

We have a relationship with a club given our passion and sometimes we get attached to players and are hopeful given what their development can bring to the club.

IMO we have a right to grieve because we do love this club so much and to the fans its not about money.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
we have a right to grieve but not to insult them or question why they are leaving in a way of saying they are selfish.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
What right do we have to judge whether a player should do what's best for his family ?

Really ?

and don't start with what about Sonny Bill, cause that dog signed and walked out mid season in the middle of the night like a dog.
So why did you call Sonny Bill a dog when he did exactly the same thing?

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score

Really ?

But if a player has worked hard, done right by everyone, WHAT RIGHT do we have to say "No, you don't need to provide your family with a better life"

We are fans of the Bulldogs, that is it .. we support the club, not the players. We don't leave the club when the players leave. If a player has an opportunity to earn even 50k more a year, then he has every right to take that extra 700 bucks a week after tax and put it in his fathers hands and say

"Dad I don't want you work any more" ... do you wish you could provide your family with that same luxury ? I do ... and thats 50k extra, what about 200k ? .. putting $3000 a WEEK in your families hands

and if that opportunity comes, who the fark are you to tell me I can't .. why cause you "support me when I'm playing well and winning games ?"

Fark you, STFU and let it go

Jamal is a class act, always been good to us for what we're worth and good luck to him

Bring on an extension to Lafai, bring on James Graham and go the Bulldogs !! Until they decide to leave and bring on the next bloke who we'll support in blue and white FML honestly
Agreed, its apart of footy. Players come and go, we have signed a number of them the last few years so cant really complain. Good luck to him, its his life.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
cuz sbw ran away while under contract, big difference and you already knew that habib :p

neovo89

Kennel Established
Reaction score
at the end of the day we support the team not a individual player! Who wouldn’t do the same?

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong there is a place for loyalty, re-sign for abit less

and club being loyal too, matching an offer closely if possible ... but at the end of the day, the bloke has a livelihood

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
How did SWB and Idris do the same thing, Idris is still here and will be leaving at the end of the year after his contract, SBW walked out in the first year of a 5 year deal in the middle of the night without saying a word to anyone, yeh really the same thing.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong there is a place for loyalty, re-sign for abit less

and club being loyal too, matching an offer closely if possible ... but at the end of the day, the bloke has a livelihood
The dogs though got as close as they could to the Tits offer. Wouldn't you class it as competitive enough?

Loyalty is still worth something in our game because many players still believe in it.

I think management made the right offer but need to look into their setup as to why we weren't able to keep a kid who doesn't have any family or marital commitments on a contract like that.

The kid made his mind up a couple of weeks back but was trying to work out how he was going to break it to the club.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Righto. Own UP !!! - Who's hacked Dalger's account and replaced him with common sense !

:confused:

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
How did SWB and Idris do the same thing, Idris is still here and will be leaving at the end of the year after his contract, SBW walked out in the first year of a 5 year deal in the middle of the night without saying a word to anyone, yeh really the same thing.
Well how do you know he wasn't doing the right thing for himself and his family? I am just using the same logic here. He also paid close to $1 million dollars to break his contract with the club's blessings. He still got the last laugh and in his words has no regrets regarding his decision to leave, but regrets the way he did it.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
I really wanted him to stay but its funny how quickly I got over it. Life goes on and we always have the next star player around the corner.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Well how do you know he wasn't doing the right thing for himself and his family? I am just using the same logic here. He also paid close to $1 million dollars to break his contract with the club's blessings. He still got the last laugh and in his words has no regrets regarding his decision to leave, but regrets the way he did it.
the club's forced blessing. as if i was going to come back if we told him to lol. He ran away and that was that, the buy out was to save his ass.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
the club's forced blessing. as if i was going to come back if we told him to lol. He ran away and that was that, the buy out was to save his ass.
The club made it out like it was a coup at the time. Should of used the money to sign Bennett :/

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Mate you don't need to answer that ridiculous question

If Sonny Bill hadn't signed a BS contract and left in Rd 5 like Idris we would have had a 2009 year in 2008

Off the back of his exit we signed players like Kimmorley, Eastwood, Ennis, Hannant we we're half a game away from a GF ... he's antics resulted in our 2008 failure, NOT because he left when he did, BUT because he didn't man up like Idris and do what was in his heart and THAT didn't allow us time to spend 300-400 on better players ... like Idris has

Status
Not open for further replies.