Fan Engagement Research

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Tell Des to let the boys play football and get rid of this boring structure!
Watch the numbers turn up to games then..
Sack Noel Cleal too!
Not if they start losing.
Ask the Tigers how that policy is working for them ?

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's different today. When I was growing up in the 1950s, living in Belmore automatically made you a supporter of your local club. The players had full time jobs in the area, and could be seen in the street, or in one of the local businesses. We could meet and talk to them casually at any time; and it developed a sense of belonging. People from different social backgrounds were united in the support of our team. It was tribal. There was no sponsorship or media rights; and match day was a social event. There was a deep seated pride in our club that didn't need expensive merchandising, or violence on the trains or to other supporters.

Being proud to be a Canterbury-Bankstown supporter meant you were also proud of your suburb and neighbours.

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It's different today. When I was growing up in the 1950s, living in Belmore automatically made you a supporter of your local club. The players had full time jobs in the area, and could be seen in the street, or in one of the local businesses. We could meet and talk to them casually at any time; and it developed a sense of belonging. People from different social backgrounds were united in the support of our team. It was tribal. There was no sponsorship or media rights; and match day was a social event. There was a deep seated pride in our club that didn't need expensive merchandising, or violence on the trains or to other supporters.

Being proud to be a Canterbury-Bankstown supporter meant you were also proud of your suburb and neighbours.
Very well said. As a kid I would see Geoff Robinson at the chiropractor in punchbowl and Terry lamb would cut the grass outside my school. I would go in to turveys athletes foot shop in bankstown just to see him and he eventually knew my name.

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Thanks guys for your participation, you have made some good points and your feedback is greatly appreciated.

If you guys have any other feedback feel free to make a comment.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.