The-Game

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
5-8... Who knows.. anything beats the wooden spoon

Barba's Barber

puppy power
Reaction score
After today, 15th.
They didnt play that bad last night, we just had a horror start to the game. The Raiders went 65 mins without scoring a point while we scored 14 during that time.
Despite what people here (who weren't at the game) say we defended really well.

Once we have Ennis back on board we will have a crap load more direction and organization.

I think we should finish around 5th on the ladder, only because of the halves we have..

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Laurie Daley has us to finish 12th this year. Good to see he learnt how to get maximum value out of his petrol card during the latest BP marketing campaign.

Just doesn't have the same ring to it...

Last edited by a moderator:

SaMi..

SaMi..
Reaction score
Laurie Daley has us to finish 12th this year. Good to see he learnt how to get maximum value out of his petrol card during the indigenous all stars campaign.
No need for racism mate.

P

Paint.

They didnt play that bad last night, we just had a horror start to the game. The Raiders went 65 mins without scoring a point while we scored 14 during that time.
Despite what people here (who weren't at the game) say we defended really well.

Once we have Ennis back on board we will have a crap load more direction and organization.

I think we should finish around 5th on the ladder, only because of the halves we have..
No ffs, we lost to the raiders. We need to improve our defence and attack. We have a shocking team

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Top 8, anything else not acceptable

TJW

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
9-10. its a close competition and a lot of the bottom teams have improved.

here's what i see is wrong with your squad:

your back line, if you take out morris and barba, they should be playing nsw cup at best.

and then the slow line speed in defence, which was the biggest problem in 2011. and lack of set plays in attack.

it will take time to fix all these problems.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
7th or 8th at best

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Des can get this team into the eight, it will be a miracle...

The Faz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I tend to agree with this. We have a sub-standard backline and even worse options at 5/8. Having said that, I'll be cheering the boys all season and hopefully the Bulldogs pride will pull us through in the tight ones.

The BEAR

ROAR talent
Reaction score
If we don't find a better option than Keating at No.6, then Mad Monday will arrive at the end of Round 12.

Jippst

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If we don't find a better option than Keating at No.6, then Mad Monday will arrive at the end of Round 12.
X2 ,other than our lack of depth & foresight by our previous recruiting, I really cant fathom what Des actually sees him.
Apart from a couple of supporting runs he really offers nothing.

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Amazing how much negativity has crept in on the back of two trial losses, give the boys a chance, we under-achieved last year, Moore had no clue, Ennis was out most of the season, and we still came 9th on F&A

Better squad this year, some dead weight has been cut, couple of juniors will get their chance, great coach, great new prop, Eastwood approaching fitness will be like a new signing, I think we'll definetley play finals footy. I agree that we have serious creativity issues in the halves and we won't win a comp without signing a gun 5/8th but I still think we'll be better than half the comp this year.

TJW

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Amazing how much negativity has crept in on the back of two trial losses,
its people finally being realistic about the side. and its good to see for once!

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm all for realistic expectations mate but I also know that we haven't played a single game yet (trials mean nothing) and that based on last years results we were well under par and still just missed out on finals footy. I don't see what you guys are basing those predictions on. My view is that all things being equal, if we improve our performances like I think we will, we should be in the top 8.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
So exactly why would you think it a miracle to make the 8? We have a side that was coached by KM for 3/4 of 2011 and inexperienced JD the rest and they finished equal 8th in 2011. What makes you think it will take much improvement to go 1 win better?This is what i didnt get about laurie Daleys predictions. Why pick us to go WORSE with a much better coach and more experienced playing group of much the same players with a few positive changes. Talking down your own teams hopes before a ball has been kicked in the season is pretty sad and i feel sorry for you ppl. Its more enjoyable to be positive until given a justifiable reason to be negative. We go 3w 7l after 10 rounds go for it, but until there's always lifeline if you get too depressed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.