Expectations

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I get it. We've had a rich history of success.

Many of us grew up with the glory years of the Dogs. Even if we weren't #1 we were always fighting and highly competitive.

I get it. We all want success.

But, we've got to be patient with it all as it's not possible to polish shit to make a diamond. It's going to take time.

Let's see how the new coach does on the back of a strong off season with some good additions.

We all seem to get carried away too quickly on here. Many were calling not long ago for Potter to be given the reigns full time ...

Let's just be patient

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I get what you’re saying but we’ve been heading down hill since 2015.

We buy the wrong type of players and overpay. Now we’re in yet another rebuild. There’s more players we need to be rid of. We’re being asked to put our faith in another unproven coach.

I always renew my membership (on every level - football, club and leagues) but I find myself less connected and interested, I doubt I’m alone.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I get what you’re saying but we’ve been heading down hill since 2015.

We buy the wrong type of players and overpay. Now we’re in yet another rebuild. There’s more players we need to be rid of. We’re being asked to put our faith in another unproven coach.

I always renew my membership (on every level - football, club and leagues) but I find myself less connected and interested, I doubt I’m alone.
I have lost connection and interest aswell, I haven’t even cared about tonights loss or the past 3 in comparison to how some people take it on here. It’s a real shame the direction we have headed from the beginning second half of last decade till now. I’m sure we won’t even get close to finals next year even with the additions we will be adding.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I have lost connection and interest aswell, I haven’t even cared about tonights loss or the past 3 in comparison to how some people take it on here. It’s a real shame the direction we have headed from the beginning second half of last decade till now. I’m sure we won’t even get close to finals next year even with the additions we will be adding.
Agree 100%. I said in another post we might be 6-8th in 2024 if a lot of things go our way.

I look at players like TPJ, we aren’t the club to get the best out of him. Wasted money on Flanagan. We’ve bought Sutton for next year who hardly inspires.

We might have plenty of money in 24 but players need to be off contract and willing to come to the club.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
There won't be much of an off season being a world cup year

Most players will comeback in the new year

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Last round of Des final year and we knew we were stuffed and had to wait 3 years for any change due to cap decimation.
Waited last 2 years after that to see improvement.
Thats 5 years.
Next year it will be wait till 2024 because we have no 7, we need to recruits, and the coach needs time to build his team.
I hear what your saying and sure there is nothing that can be done but Im sick of waiting to see some good consistent footy from the Dogs.

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Don’t expect to make finals we still only have 2/4 spine positions filled and our pack will be worse next year. 2023 is a rebuild year and we will finish my 9th-12th

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’m ringing A Current Affair to dob in these dodgy f{}ck builders we keep employing for these countless re-builds!!!

Nearly half the Top 30 is playing for a contract… surely that’s more than enough motivation to play hard & win!

Averillo… he ain’t no upgrade on Dufty. Wont put his body on the line, scared of any form of contact.

Shoupp… an absolute flop. Built like a tank yet continues to get dominated in his hit ups & can’t defend for sh1t. Good for a penalty or two each game this idiot.

Flanagan… He’s a lightweight TPJ. Can’t control himself when the opposition gets the better of him, then his actual game goes to a horrendous new low with crab like running, passing to players just for the hell of it & a kicking game that the Delai Lama would be proud of.

Entire Bench & Starting Backrow… Complete flops! Not an aggressive bone inside their f{}cking bodies. Our edge back row, i can’t believe how they would prefer to run at an opposition player than thru a f{}cking gap to set up some 2nd phase play…. Why do they continually do this ffs??

Manly are worse than us… but next week we’ll play them into form like the Harlem Globetrotters you watch!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
People need to accept this year is a write off again. Baz destroyed any chances we had this season and killed the teams morale. Potter got them playing with confidence and more energy for a while as most interim coaches do til the effect wore off.

We played some great footy during that time which shows the potential of the team. Hopefully Ciraldo can tap into that potential with the new signings and get the squad fitter and stronger defensively than ever. If he can do that, then scraping into the top 8 might not be as far fetched as people think. A lot can and will change between now and round 1 next year in terms of the roster and the way things are done once Ciraldo takes over.

I expect a much more professional, committed and competitive team week to week next season.

Big Vibe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I get it. We've had a rich history of success.

Many of us grew up with the glory years of the Dogs. Even if we weren't #1 we were always fighting and highly competitive.

I get it. We all want success.

But, we've got to be patient with it all as it's not possible to polish shit to make a diamond. It's going to take time.

Let's see how the new coach does on the back of a strong off season with some good additions.

We all seem to get carried away too quickly on here. Many were calling not long ago for Potter to be given the reigns full time ...

Let's just be patient
I think the fans have had enough of being patient, and that’s fair enough.

It’s time this club delivered a top 8 team or better. No excuses.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How can you rebuild a team full of termites. We should have plenty of money left over. Keep Kiraz and King, Ado Carr and Burton on half of what they want and add Kikau and Read Mahnney the rest can piss off.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There won't be much of an off season being a world cup year

Most players will comeback in the new year
That won’t effect the bulldogs much. That weekend of the rep round the only player from the bulldogs who played in any team and country was burton. None of them have improved to get picked for their countries

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need to sign a marquee player. Burton is not our marquee. Unless we sign Munster or Mitchell we're only making up the numbers. Hunt would be too old. Number 1 priority has to be a controlling half whose young enough to be good for a few years. Has to be Munster or Mitchell Moses. We need a general on the field to steer us around. At the moment we're like a headless chook. Next a new fullback. Probably can't afford Mitchell if we sign a top half so Jayden Campbell seems okay. Next up prop. I'd go for Spencer Leniu.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Spencer Leniu is another lazy islander, look at his horrible stats and minutes.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bunch of fucking cry babies ... Lol

What, because we were a successful team in the past it means we're entitled to success now? My arse it does.

I understand the frustration and everyone wants immediate success but we also need to be realistic with things.

For the first time in a long time we seem to be making the right decisions at the top. We're bringing in some incredibly talented players. New coach is the best option out there.

This year was always a write off.