Exclusive: Sonny Bill is in Singapore. What’s he up to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDA

Waterboy
Reaction score
A Roar spy has sited Sonny Bill Williams in Singapore. Has legal talk halted his plans, or is he nutting out the deal half-way between Australia and France?

Our spy reported at 8pm Australian time, Sunday evening:

“I’m in Singapore for work at the moment and was wandering around the riverfront / central area and just saw Sonny Bill Williams walk into the Jumbo Seafood restaurant.”

“He was with another bloke and was walking around like a normal tourist. I had to do a double take but it was definitely him, tats and all. My bet is he’s meeting the deal makers half way to Europe. Either way I hope he goes to rugby.”

Williams, widely condemned by his club and the NRL for walking out on his 5 year contract with the Canterbury Bulldogs, has been reported to be on his way to France to begin negotations with Toulon.

The likelihood that some deal will be nutted out in Singapore, half-way between the two parties, makes sense.

Is the deal being nutted out in Singapore? Or has recent comments by Bulldogs chief executive Todd Greenberg, backed by NRL CEO David Gallop, of a legal battle halted the kiwi’s plans mid-route?

Sonny Bill Williams timeline following the signing of a five-year deal in 2007:

March 2007 - Ends protracted negotiations by signing five-year deal with Bulldogs which is due to expire after the 2012 NRL season.

April 2007 - Involved in infamous toilet cubicle tryst with ironwoman Candice Falzon which is captured by another patron at the Clovelly Hotel.

June 2007 - Caught and fined by police for urinating on a wall in side street near a Cronulla nightclub. Admits to an alcohol problem.

March 2008 - Reportedly dumps long-time manager Gavin Orr to link up with Khoder Nasser.

March 2008 - Reveals he has lost respect for former teammate Willie Mason after Mason’s decision to quit the Bulldogs to join the Sydney Roosters. Williams claims Mason’s talk of loyalty had been a big factor in his decision to re-sign with the club the previous year.

May 1 2008 - Says he would seriously contemplate switching to rugby union and chase dual international status if the All Blacks offered him enough money.

May 18 2008 - Reportedly seeks a release from the Bulldogs, but the NRL club says he will be expected to see out the remaining years of his contract.

June 2008 - First sign of reports linking him with a move to Toulon, where former All Black Tana Umaga is the coach.

June 2008 - Khoder Nasser meets with Bulldogs chief executive Todd Greenberg, accompanied by not Williams, but two boxers in his stable, Anthony Mundine and Soloman Haumono. The next day Williams declares he is happy to remain at the club.

July 26 2008 - Williams reportedly flees the country headed for France to take up a two-year deal worth an estimated $3 million to switch codes and play rugby union for Toulon in the French first division.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I doubt the Toulon will sign him without a release from the dogs, which the dogs wont give

M

MikeyP..

Who cares where he is. I'm pretty sure 90% of the kennel want him out of australia anyway.

mantissa

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Is Singapore a stopover to France, i think it is for London?
The plot thickens....

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Over it. He could be in Afghanistan for all I care. As long as he isn't near our club I am happy and the further away the better.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
In singapore with a ladyboy apparently, eat while your on the run homo...

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
lol just dont get caught with drugs..or maybe he should caught and hung tbh

Mac

lol finch
Reaction score
He will find his way back into the nrl and play for someone other then the bulldogs, i rekon all this was just so he can join someone else.

dragons_princess

Hung it on Ma Wall
Reaction score
He will find his way back into the nrl and play for someone other then the bulldogs, i rekon all this was just so he can join someone else.
nar, the dogs will put a block on him so that if he returns the ONLY club he can play for is them, until his contract is complete...thou Nassar might have another trick up his sleeve

Mac

lol finch
Reaction score
Supporting the bulldogs is like watching a soap opera!

M

Mason's Gay....

oh my goddddddddddddddddddd
singapore is a stop before saudi arabiaaaaa
he wil peform hajj oh my godddddd

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
See you were quoted in the papers....
No. Was I? What did they quote?

Edit....

Its all good, I have seen it now. I stand by that comment 100% and doubt I will ever not think the same. Although that was one of the least vitriolic posts I made last night :grinning:

Last edited by a moderator:

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Toulin have offered Sonny Bill $1 million a yr in cash, and $500,000 worth of Croisants and snails

X

XxFoVoSxX

sonny stated he wanted to be a rolemodel for the polynesian kids..
well now he shifted his views to the asians..
goodluck to him :whacky:

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Toulin have offered Sonny Bill $1 million a yr in cash, and $500,000 worth of Croisants and snails
I hear they are peaking at this time of the year

Maybe thats why he couldnt wait 7 weeks, snails are going out of season

:o You know Im sure thats it TBH

Status
Not open for further replies.