EXCLUSIVE: Kyle Flanagan's bold claim ahead of 2023 season

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ciraldo left him out of on field strategy leadership.

Mahoney got the role with Burton.

Reynolds a 33 year old outplays him in the trial.

Time is up, it’s time to go!
A bit harsh!! Haha .

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
It annoys the crap out of me when these stories come out about what a player is "gonna" do, or how this year will be different. TPJ is in the same boat.

From what we have seen from him so far Flanno just doesn't have it in him to be the player we need at number 7 and no amount of talk will change that

At this stage we are stuck with him for this year and I guess we can hope for a miracle that he can miraculously turn into the player we want...but then again pigs might fly

I wish he took a page out of Nico Hynes book last year. He didn't come out and predict it was gonna be his year , he was gonna do this and that. He just took the bull by the horns, had an outstanding year and ultimately was Dally M player of the year....one difference is that Nico Hynes is highly skilled and talented and killed it in his first year of playing at 7

Flanno has played 7 his whole career and is still nowhere near the mark
I thought that he reached his full potential last year - as he predicted at the beginning of the season back then, too.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last year his defence and defensive decisions were noticeably improved- he obviously worked hard on it.
If he can replicate that with his attacking play including his short kicking game he will be good for us this year - not a star but not a liability either.

one big thing in his favour is the service he will be getting from Mahoney -that alone will help him to improve his attack.

He is quicker than Hodko, so if he can get a little more quality in his game we may even see him score a show and go try or two - that would really help his confidence.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs halfback Kyle Flanagan has vowed he will finally realise his full potential this NRLseason.
Yes, that's what we all fear - and that it's in the NRL team too.
It would be better if he "realises his full potential" in a lower grade, or even better, taking that huge offer in English Super League (no ill will, that's just what is best for him, and us).

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Oh dear. He doesn't know. He'll never know, they'll never know

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
flannigans next career move is as a stand up comedian act, hes already practicing his one liners
Bulldogs halfback Kyle Flanagan has vowed he will finally realise his full potential this NRLseason.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Everyone has put the boot into poor Kyle and thats how the Holdsworth Syndrome works.
He has gotta find some confidence with some fuck the world attitude and get a few Man of the Match performances.
Every first grader has it in them.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here’s a bold claim the gun should abide by - you will be a star in super league see ya later Kyle

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
(Should of asked for a release if a huge Super League offer was on the table. )
So glad our Gun won't be trying to play like Cleary. We dogs supporters want something with a bit more spice and pizzaz that what that Penruff, NSW and Australian half dishes up week after week.
You just watch by seasons end how many Penruff supporters are pining for our Gun.
Deliver us to the Promised Land Gun.!!!!!!!!!!

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Everyone has put the boot into poor Kyle and thats how the Holdsworth Syndrome works.
He has gotta find some confidence with some fuck the world attitude and get a few Man of the Match performances.
Has he ever pulled off one motm performance? Just curious.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Has he ever pulled off one motm performance? Just curious.
Good question, I am guessing no? Even Reynolds, people critize his time at the tigers and hull, however he won 2-3 Motm awards for the tigs and was actually playing pretty well (maybe not so well in defence) in his first 10 or so games for them and was Motm in his first game for Hull.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He actually got MOTM in our last premiership game against Manly, but the nellies on here don't acknowledge that. You speak truth most righteous, fam. Good for you!

Woofwoof1980

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yawn. Move on, this guy is a myth. I think he needs to be realistic... fuckin delusions of grandure. He say all this shit then goes out there and fucks up our attack. He should never kick..... it's awful. He almost never finds grass... he plays okay every now and again but is probably the most inconsistent player in the NRL. I'm over him and think he just needs to be put into cup and only used as a depth half. I have zero confidence of winning with him in the team.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He actually got MOTM in our last premiership game against Manly, but the nellies on here don't acknowledge that. You speak truth most righteous, fam. Good for you!
The question is can he do it again?

I don't think he can play any worse than he did at Belmore. The Gun cannot afford to fire blanks for the sake of his own future.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yawn. Move on, this guy is a myth. I think he needs to be realistic... fuckin delusions of grandure. He say all this shit then goes out there and fucks up our attack. He should never kick..... it's awful. He almost never finds grass... he plays okay every now and again but is probably the most inconsistent player in the NRL. I'm over him and think he just needs to be put into cup and only used as a depth half. I have zero confidence of winning with him in the team.
I agree with most of your post except "most inconsistent player in the NRL". Flanno is consistent, consistently crap that is.