Everything Trump - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
not sure what to make of the todays tweet from trump, Is he proposing a martial law in Chicago ?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Feds aren't Military bro, he means the FBI
what powers do they have to get the situation under control with the increasing murders in Chicago?

wouldnt it be like shoot first and ask questions later?

dont get me wrong , i think it is brilliant idea considering the situation but USA has never really operated like this before.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
what powers do they have to get the situation under control with the increasing murders in Chicago?

dont get me wrong , i think it is brilliant idea considering the situation but USA has never really operated like this before.
Probably a scare tactic. They would be more strict "legally" and probably get away with more dirty tactics.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

I think he stuffed up and meant the military.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Trump has now signed off on a bill effectively gagging scientists.

The US appears to be sending itself backwards at a rate of knots.

(Great timing considering Australia is congratulating a scientist for his work on something many in America have rallied against: stem cell research).

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah I was only going to say .. he's doing A LOT. A lot of what though?

Is he doing:
+ A lot of good for America so quickly.
+ A whole lot of smoke and mirrors.
+ A whole lot of damage.

To me it seems he's jumped in the hotseat and gone "right I'm fixing everything I PERSONALLY hate about America", rather than "I'm fixing what needs to be fixed in America". Doesn't apper to be a lot of thought going into his decisions, but rather "I'm in charge of America so this is what is happening".

That in turn could be taking things down a dangerous path towards absolute lunacy, with his arrogance and neglect to completely investigate the repercussions of his actions.

and you can bet there won't be a single change to America that could potentially damage any of his monetary interests.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
not sure what to make of the todays tweet from trump, Is he proposing a martial law in Chicago ?

its a rah rah tweet to get his voters excited, the next school shooting i bet he will be in defensive mode and not bring up any statistics

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Border wall will be funded by 20 per cent import tax on Mexican goods: White House
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/wor...rump-baits-him-over-wall-20170126-gtzl9z.html

In other words, Americans will pay for the wall through an additional tax embedded, which is effectively invisible to consumers, into the price of many products they purchase from Mexico. According to the U.S. Trade Representative's office, in 2015 the U.S. imported $316.4 billion in goods from Mexico. That's vehicles, machinery, mineral fuels, and optical and medical instruments. All sorts of items and services will become more expensive, making an implicit tax on many types of consumption that cause the heaviest burden to those with the least income and wealth.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So they are going to tax the companies importing Mexican goods into the USA a higher tax rate?

All this means is more business willl either go bankrupt, or source from China (or elsewhere) to avoid the tax.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So they are going to tax the companies importing Mexican goods into the USA a higher tax rate?

All this means is more business willl either go bankrupt, or source from China (or elsewhere) to avoid the tax.

but china is going to get taxed too!!

middle to lower class american are going to get fucked unless the wages increase.

People on food stamps ? good luck america

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
i wouldnt mind importing a couple of those smoking Mexican chics over here

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I know there are a lot of these going around at the moment, but this was sent to me by a scientist mate (who are a group in fairly united dislike of the new president)...

FB_IMG_1485509633237.jpg

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
but china is going to get taxed too!! Middle to lower class american are going to get fucked unless the wages increase.

People on food stamps ? good luck america
To me, he's coming across as trying to do too much, too fast, with too little thought going into his decisions.

I don't think enough thought and research has gone into the repercussions of his actions.

Which is really dangerous.. the word maverick springs to mind.

He needs to start thinking about what actions, reactions, and issues his decisions may cause in the future. To me he is only thinking "in the moment", not "2-5 years in the future".

If he continues on that train of thought in 5 years America will be a very different place, and not for the good either.. and when he's dumped to the sidewalk and forgotten about, and America is in a dire situation, he can step down gracefully, not give a fuck, and relax with his billion dollar fortunes and watch America burn.

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know a lot of people don't like him, but on The Project tonight, Waleed Aly listed all the changes Trump has made in his first week as President.

It took ages for him to list them all, and not one did I think "that's a good idea".

It was also pointed out that NASA (I think it was) import a massive amount of products from Mexico.

That if Mexico have to put the price of their products up to cover the tax, America suffers just as much.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I know a lot of people don't like him, but on The Project tonight, Waleed Aly listed all the changes Trump has made in his first week as President.

It took ages for him to list them all, and not one did I think "that's a good idea".

It was also pointed out that NASA (I think it was) import a massive amount of products from Mexico.

That if Mexico have to put the price of their products up to cover the tax, America suffers just as much.
its NAFTA not NASA , yeah but it sounds the same. lol

this all indicates Trump has no economical idea what so ever. He will make decisions and when they back fire he will blame it on previous government , which is a standard practice all across the globe anyway.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

The aim for Trump is to make everything in house. He personally wants to increase import taxes on things to encourage America to make things. What he doesn't realise is that it'll cost a lot more for America to make everything and that America doesn't have unlimited resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.