everyone ****ing relax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anastabation

Reaction score
I find it ridiculous how dumb some supporters are. This is round 4 out of 26 and everyone is spitting the dummy about who should and shouldn't be re-signed, which players should be dropped and a general feeling on panic seems to have emerged over the entire bulldog fan community.

Here are a few points to adjust your memories.

1 - we have started the season slowly but we always do. In 2002 we didn't win a game until round 3, in 2003 we were 3 from 7 at one point, and last year while we were lucky enough to win most of our early games we were thrashed by the roosters.

2 - we are missing roughly half our forward pack. We have been forced to put fringe first graders in the starting line up and reserve graders on the bench.

3 - we are the premiers. Surely you have all seen us win and lose enough games to have the confidence that we will hit back in style. Iv'e seen it all before..the dogs WILL hit back. I don't know if we'll win the comp again - its very wide open. But one thing I do know is we will be there when the whips are cracking.

4 - Have some faith in the players. Rather than changing your mind on who should be in the starting 17 every week, and which player should be released to another club (yes we have been through all 3. According to this board mason, anasta and sonny bill were all the number 3 priority at different points. If Malcolm Noad has this mentality than god help us.

5 - Have some faith in management. Steve Folkes & his staff are doing their absolute best to ensure we have our very best side on the park and win every game. Folksey has led us to a premiership and has been involved in premiership winning sides, I have faith in his judgement.

Have some faith in Malcolm. He has been working his ass off for months in an effort to re-sign our boys because he wants us to have the abolute best squad possible for 2006 and beyond. People seem to be upset that they all aren't kept at the waving of a wond.

6 - There is 44 competition points to grab. I know we'll get more than our fair share of those. Do yourself a favour, don't look back on your behavior in rounds 4 and 5 and be embarrased with how carried away you got with it. Hold your heads up high and pitty the non canterbury fools who think we're in for a bad year. Because you'll be the one laughing sooner rather than later

I have faith in this club, the best club in the world, you watch us maul those filithy chooks round 13 2004 style.

MzBulldog83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
..yer.... * and we are coming 11th out of 15 teams..

your 1 to 6: yes i agree..yes i know..

BUT can't keep making excuses week in week out... next week ..round 5..before you know it..round 10... doggiez have to start producing the goods and soon, if they want to contend for a back2back...

go tha dogz!

~doggie~diva~

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
im all schweeeeet, better now they get their act together than later on when its too late :grinning:

B

Bwaif

They can lose 10 games in a row. Yes I'll be upset and angry. But I'll always support this team no matter what. And I'm sure alot of people here would agree with me.

People are just getting fired up over the losses... 3 in a row has not happened to us for a long while. It's good to let off a little steam and then get over it. Which is what people will do.

There are a number of factors to take into account for our poor performance recently, as you stated above. And I'm sure it's only morons who have lost faith, because we are not the premiers for nothing, and we will come back stronger than ever.

We just need a bit of patience at the moment, less anger and perhaps less ssarcasm (I know I'm guilty of it too).

And I want to say one more thing... To those people who leave the game before its over because its not looking too good, those people too should have a little more faith and respect in their team and stick it out with them!

:grinning:

Hammer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree AB, its all good it Rd 4 for Christsake.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
The Bulldogs are banking on Sonny Bill Williams bringing ****s through the gates. If they don't win games, they won't bring anyone to the games, and $350,000 is a waste of money. If they don't start winning again, I don't care, because I've supported the 'dogs for a long time, through the good and bad and don't need anyone questioning my loyalty to the club, especially after a loss. These 3 losses bring the club down back to reality. They won't win the comp, unless they change an attitude. I'm confident the dogs will start winning again, and kick off a rythm. But if you watched the Sharks game, we were beaten so ****ing easily, it was a disgrace. We are a long way from our best, and still have a few players coming back, but I have a feeling alot of teams are catching onto our lazy ruck defence. In 2004 we should of been 1-4 aswell. In 2004 we should of lost to the Sharks and Manly, but they played poorly, and so did we.

(((((SMACK)))))

Jados Boutros
Reaction score
The Spark ain't there. I think Willie has it and wont pass it on to someone!

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah the spark's not there; but we'll come good. The red hot sides will soon suffer from SOO selections and possible injuries from rep games. They are on the boil, but everyone comes off the boil at some stage; and they will soon have their fair share of players coming off contract when their profiles are sky high.

Anyway- we have a Premiership!! Enjoy!!

Anastabation

Reaction score
GreekGoddess said:
People are just getting fired up over the losses... 3 in a row has not happened to us for a long while. It's good to let off a little steam and then get over it. Which is what people will do.
The players don't need fans who 'fire up after a loss' and ' let off some steam' they need supporters.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
premier anastabation said:
The players don't need fans who 'fire up after a loss' and ' let off some steam' they need supporters.
Supporters firing up over a loss and letting off steam doesnt mean they are questioning their support. Rather they are showing their support and love of the team.

Aaron

Utai Slam
Reaction score
So you're saying you don't get 'fired up' or 'let off some steam' after a performance?
Everyone does, thats what comes with 'supporting' a team, you get frustrated because you want them to be very successful.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Well said AB. I can remember 2004 much clearer now. We lost 32-6 to the Knights, and again we never looked like winning that game. Poor missed tackles etc... and hardly any commitment, and on a hot mothers day, we struggled badly.

I think the dogs will finish around 3rd this year, and will win the comp from there. It's only round 4 people.

Anastabation

Reaction score
Utai Slam said:
So you're saying you don't get 'fired up' or 'let off some steam' after a performance?
Everyone does, thats what comes with 'supporting' a team, you get frustrated because you want them to be very successful.
I don't come on here and demand players are dropped and not re-signed thats for sure.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Uterus is upset he's going back on his word not to bag players, but now he realised that he has to.

B

Bwaif

I don't come on here and demand players are dropped and not re-signed thats for sure.
When I say we should re-sign players or let them go I'm not basing it on any kind of performance or frustration I'm having from watching them lose.

My basis is more so what their actions and words are in regards to staying or going.

I don't come on here and have a go at players saying they played **** they should eb out this and that, after a loss, but what I am saying, is at a game or after a game, supporters are entitled to be angry and dissapointed for a while with the loss, now I'm not saying blaming it on certain players or whatever, but everyone has emotions and everyone deals with them in certain ways.

I get where you are coming from with people starting threads about pissing off certain players, or praising one certain player after a loss... but thats part of the game, and you are going to find people who do go overboard... I personally think that one player CANNOT [edit: sorry I wrote 'can' for some reason] make a team, but some players do have the ability to make an impact every now and then.

Those people who do go overboard with their anger however... it doesnt make them less of a supporter than you or me just because thats the only way they know how to handle it... those people who are lesser supporters are the ones who get angry, fed up, and leave... by leave I mean leave games before they are over, say they will not go to a game because the team has not been winning and they dont want to waste money or time just to be dissapointed again.

With football you gotta realise alot of supporters have alot of passion for it and take it to heart, they may say things they dont mean in the heat of the moment, and being a predominantly wog based, doggies supporters tend to show this anger and frustration alot more openly.

Brissy Bulldog

Proud to be a Bulldog
Reaction score
The sky is falling !. The sky is falling !! Everybody panic. Everybody run to the hills !

Status
Not open for further replies.