doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Jason hooper (telecrap ) reporting ennis rejected dogs offer going to sharks

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
Shame he isn't bigger because he would make a great workhorse second rower but his attack is getting quite stale and his service from dummy half is slowing down. You frequently see players over run him. I really don't want to miss out on Lichaa and want to hold Ennis for a year
Don't what games you're watching..ooh, you mean like last week when Burgess ran over him and got pushed back 10 metres..oh like that time hey? :loco:

N

Natboy

Don't what games you're watching..ooh, you mean like last week when Burgess ran over him and got pushed back 10 metres..oh like that time hey? :loco:
Haha mate read my post again. I was talking about his sometimes slow service from dummy half & how OUR players over run the ball before he passes it, not players running over him. Apology accepted ;)

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
Haha mate read my post again. I was talking about his sometimes slow service from dummy half & how OUR players over run the ball before he passes it, not players running over him. Apology accepted ;)
My apologies, my dyslexia is playing again up.

Old Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My apologies, my dyslexia is playing again up.
Did you hear about the dyslexic philosopher who suffered from insomnia? He used to stay awake all night trying to figue out if there really was a Dog.

Halfback

Waterboy
Reaction score
Sounds like the constipated Mathematician, he worked it out with a pencil...

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting looks like the Sharks are gunning for pay back against us, if the below is true about Ennis I don't see him declining the offer half a mil per season is good pay, not sure how they can fit him under their cap but seems to me they are the ones playing creative accountancy not us!

HAVING poached the older brother of Warriors superstar Sam Tomkins from UK rugby, millionaire Salford owner Marwan Koukash is preparing to head Down Under for a chequebook ambush of NRL clubs.

Koukash told The Daily Telegraph on Friday, he could arrive in New Zealand as soon as next week to launch an antipodean raid that will begin with Kiwi fullback Kevin Locke.
His presence is expected to up the ante of an increasingly hectic player market, which shifted gears when Benji Marshall farewelled the Auckland Blues this week.

While Cronulla are strong favourites to snare Marshall, the Sharks are putting their immediate focus toward signing Bulldogs skipper Michael Ennis.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal Cronulla officials have discussed a three-year offer worth $1.5 million for the former NSW Origin rake, who has only been offered a 12 month extension from his current club.
Identifying the No. 9 jersey as their recruitment priority following the loss of Michael Lichaa (Bulldogs), Cronulla also expressed interest in South Sydney hooker Api Koroisau.

Source: http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/mil...-raid-nrl-talent/story-e6frf3ou-1226896167498

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
If true, meh, we have lost greater players and moved on.
This.

I stopped giving a f*** who stays or leaves as long as they coduct themselves in a professional manner and respect the jersey.

All bs aside though, we should offer ennis a 1+1 year deal with a cushy job after footy.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Interesting looks like the Sharks are gunning for pay back against us, if the below is true about Ennis I don't see him declining the offer half a mil per season is good pay, not sure how they can fit him under their cap but seems to me they are the ones playing creative accountancy not us!

HAVING poached the older brother of Warriors superstar Sam Tomkins from UK rugby, millionaire Salford owner Marwan Koukash is preparing to head Down Under for a chequebook ambush of NRL clubs.

Koukash told The Daily Telegraph on Friday, he could arrive in New Zealand as soon as next week to launch an antipodean raid that will begin with Kiwi fullback Kevin Locke.
His presence is expected to up the ante of an increasingly hectic player market, which shifted gears when Benji Marshall farewelled the Auckland Blues this week.

While Cronulla are strong favourites to snare Marshall, the Sharks are putting their immediate focus toward signing Bulldogs skipper Michael Ennis.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal Cronulla officials have discussed a three-year offer worth $1.5 million for the former NSW Origin rake, who has only been offered a 12 month extension from his current club.
Identifying the No. 9 jersey as their recruitment priority following the loss of Michael Lichaa (Bulldogs), Cronulla also expressed interest in South Sydney hooker Api Koroisau.

Source: http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/mil...-raid-nrl-talent/story-e6frf3ou-1226896167498
If the numbers are correct (which I doubt they are) it would be hard to turn away that sort of money. As I have said before it will be sad to let him go but at the end of the day he has to look after himself and his family.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
people keep saying we should or we must sign ennis to a 1 year deal, some say 1 year with a 2nd year option, the fact is ennis isn't looking for anything less then 3 or 4 years i'd say. i don't think we should re-sign him for more than a year, but with the way it seems and the things he's said about it being his last big contract to carry him to the end of his career then I don't think that he will be at the dogs next year, we just signed a young hooker and we're not likely to tell him to wait a few years before we give him the reigns at hooker

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
I dont want to lose Mick Ennis , but isnt it funny how the peptide sharks are all of a sudden throwing around money ?

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I dont want to lose Mick Ennis , but isnt it funny how the peptide sharks are all of a sudden throwing around money ?[/

Cue the Sharks Spending Spree headlines!

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
While I am excited about having Lichaa sign with us..i dont want to hedging our bets on an unproven rookie who has played 2 first grade games...

Losing Ennis next season IMO could be disastrous..I dont even want to think about how this could impact the morale of the squad, considering his popularity withhin the playing group..

But the club is stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
While I am excited about having Lichaa sign with us..i dont want to hedging our bets on an unproven rookie who has played 2 first grade games...

Losing Ennis next season IMO could be disastrous..I dont even want to think about how this could impact the morale of the squad, considering his popularity withhin the playing group..

But the club is stuck between a rock and a hard place.
This.

I would stick with Mick Ennis if I were the club, two years with an optional third for good pay.

We have a ****ton of cap space as shown via Fifita.

If Cronulla want to give him 500k per season, give him 501k. We can do it.

EDIT: Yeah, also like Gareth said, give him a job here afterwards.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If Cronulla want to give him 500k per season, give him 501k. We can do it.
Could offer him less and he would stay, I'd imagine. Comes down to how long his next contract is, as it is the last big one he'll be able to get.

Rather we let him go one season too early, than one season too late!

B

BoonReturns

Ennis isn't as good as some others but he is in the top five in his position. Not worth 500k though

Status
Not open for further replies.