Ennis to the Sharks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Geeze I hope he stays..I enjoy watching him play for the mighty Bulldogs..and I also enjoy defending him or praising him on here..my activity in The Kennel will cut down by half!

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can we just offer him a 2 year extension with an optional 3rd if form warrants it? I think lichha needs to do his apprenticeship first, similar to peats when he played for souths. We could gradually increase the minutes that lichha plays over the next 2 years and then we can re asses. Would rather he had to fight to earn his stripes rather than have it given to him on a silver platter. IMO hooker is the most important position in the game these days. It's vital that your forwards and halves are getting good direction and good ball out of dummy half. Look at cowboys since Payne left. Or storm whenever smith is out. They suck and I don't think it's a co-incidence

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Just give him a 2 year contract.

He can play reduced minutes again in the final year then retire.

Sharks really want the spoon 2 years in a row with their buying (this year and next).

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
Where are the blokes with the scoops? PM optional :p

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Just give him a 2 year contract.

He can play reduced minutes again in the final year then retire.

Sharks really want the spoon 2 years in a row with their buying (this year and next).
What about 1 + 1 year contract with the + 1 contract based on his performance?

Then make him a defensive coach and a Fox Sports commentating job.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd say liccha will pull the pin with anymore than a 1 year contract

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why place your confidence in "maybe" players like Lichaa and co when you have a proven Origin player, who happens to be your Captain still ready to roll? i.e. last week against Souths. We lose that game if he doesn't play

I'd like to keep Ennis at all costs for next year. If Lichaa can prove himself off the bench, playing second to Ennis MAYBE, JUST MAYBE we can part ways with our Captain. But not a moment earlier for unproven players.
Des made a "Maybe" call on Cherry-Evans replacing Hodkinson and look how that turned out.

I know what you are saying though but if Hasler is willing to make that call than that just instills more confidence in Lichaa for me:

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also realise that it was nowhere near at the same level of risk but just trying to point out that the way discussions have gone it seems that our coaching staff have a massive opinion of Michael Lichaa.

I actually agree with you on principal though. Ennis is the heart and soul of the Bulldogs in more ways than one. I really wish he would be banned from ever kicking again and I'd like some better service from dummy half at times but his defence and leadership is unquestionable.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What about 1 + 1 year contract with the + 1 contract based on his performance?

Then make him a defensive coach and a Fox Sports commentating job.
Sounds ok but how does a Captain of an NRL side take that?

Then again look how Benchi has fallen by pushing too much.

I still hope he stays for a year or two!

Ennis must remember he will only get older & must consider life after being a player in NRL eventually. Im sure the Dogs will reward him with employment within the club or coaching staff. Steve Turner seems to have it pretty good.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
This is a done deal.
So you've come on and said Ennis to Sharks, Big name dog forward to union.

Who the hell are we signing? Because it isn't Fifita and our CEO has said that we could of afforded Ennis WITH Fifita and the others were already locked up...

I call bs.

Highly doubt Ennis want's to go to ASADA SHARKS.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Des made a "Maybe" call on Cherry-Evans replacing Hodkinson and look how that turned out.

I know what you are saying though but if Hasler is willing to make that call than that just instills more confidence in Lichaa for me:
That's maybe and I'm sure Des will make the right call.

But as far as supporters are concerned... way too quick to lose our shit over a young player, or the flavour of month, or the media/internet darling (over of all people our Captain in this case) and yet cry loyality, expect players to sign for less when it suites us. A bit hypocritical no?

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

Halfback

Waterboy
Reaction score
Better the devil you know, Ennis the menace is still one of the top 3 hookers outside Cameron Smith. A better captain than hooker as well. Why would you let him go for a kid with potential? Not many of such wonder kids as Liccha make an enduring mark on the game.
Dogs should be able to afford a transitional contract for such an integral part of our team.

Wyzguy

Bulldog Tragic
Reaction score
He has been instrumental in getting is to where we are today. ... Surely we can work something out for our club captain

Status
Not open for further replies.