Soccer English Premier League Banter Thread

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What a terrible signing by United. He took them completely for a ride, however I think it's best for them that he leaves.

A lot of United supporters with egg on their faces today. I wonder if any of them will show their famed integrity and admit they got this one massively wrong?
honestly it's comical how there club is run these day's

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
honestly it's comical how there club is run these day's
Shocking signing from start to end and a true signal of how badly run they are.

In saying that, I think it'll ultimately be very good that Ronaldo leaves and United will do better than expectations. No, I don't believe they'll get top 4 but at the same time I don't think they'll be as bad as some people are trying to make out.

I wonder when their fans are going to wake up and realise they're a massive part of the problem? On one side they have 'protests' against the owners but on the other side laud signings like Ronaldo as the greatest thing ever to happen to the club.

All management has ever done is back the manager, too much in all honesty. As soon as the blind faith amongst the United 'faithful' changes and they start taking some ownership of their own faults, then I think things will change

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
they'll have to sell someone though. think neymar might be leaving
I think Chelsea will be going in for him. Any club signing Ronaldo is looking at the extremes short-term and making a mistake imo

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Shocking signing from start to end and a true signal of how badly run they are.

In saying that, I think it'll ultimately be very good that Ronaldo leaves and United will do better than expectations. No, I don't believe they'll get top 4 but at the same time I don't think they'll be as bad as some people are trying to make out.

I wonder when their fans are going to wake up and realise they're a massive part of the problem? On one side they have 'protests' against the owners but on the other side laud signings like Ronaldo as the greatest thing ever to happen to the club.

All management has ever done is back the manager, too much in all honesty. As soon as the blind faith amongst the United 'faithful' changes and they start taking some ownership of their own faults, then I think things will change
tbf though arsenal ain't any better we just take way too long to announce signings or just haggle at paying the fee needed to sign players

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What a terrible signing by United. He took them completely for a ride, however I think it's best for them that he leaves.

A lot of United supporters with egg on their faces today. I wonder if any of them will show their famed integrity and admit they got this one massively wrong?
Im hearing Ronaldo got upset that Maguire kept stealing the limelight from him , and went to the board and gave them an ultimatum …”it’s either me or Harry”
No brainer for the well run Man Utd management to pick Harry :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: . Never in the history of Man Utd has a ”captain” attracted as many memes as Harry. Marketing genius are. his gaffes. I wouldn’t be surprised if he is fucking up purposely so that more memes are made .
Right now Man Utd‘s Harry Maguire is the leading meme comic relief with daylight coming second .
Never in their wildest dreams did the marketing dept of this club ever anticipate Harry’s transfer would be so “ successful” .:sweatsmile:

They are a shambles at the moment. They won’t be finishing top 4 in the upcoming season either.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
PSG, maybe?
He no doubt has another club lined up.
CR38’s second tenure at Man Utd will always be remembered as one in which the club actually regressed with him leading their attack, and it can be argued he is leaving them in a far worse state .

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He no doubt has another club lined up.
CR38’s second tenure at Man Utd will always be remembered as one in which the club actually regressed with him leading their attack, and it can be argued he is leaving them in a far worse state .
*Argued?

*Fact

They got suckered into buying Ronaldo and giving him so much. Worrying times for United fans with Chelsea, Arsenal, City, Spurs,Liverpool all strengthening and United not having done a thing yet.

They'll be better than last year, I'm certain of it, but still far from the levels of the United teams of old.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Im hearing Ronaldo got upset that Maguire kept stealing the limelight from him , and went to the board and gave them an ultimatum …”it’s either me or Harry”
No brainer for the well run Man Utd management to pick Harry :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: . Never in the history of Man Utd has a ”captain” attracted as many memes as Harry. Marketing genius are. his gaffes. I wouldn’t be surprised if he is fucking up purposely so that more memes are made .
Right now Man Utd‘s Harry Maguire is the leading meme comic relief with daylight coming second .
Never in their wildest dreams did the marketing dept of this club ever anticipate Harry’s transfer would be so “ successful” .:sweatsmile:

They are a shambles at the moment. They won’t be finishing top 4 in the upcoming season either.
TBF - he cost them $15M - add in 'the salary'. So hypothetically, lets just say he 'costs' $41M for a year. Now, pending on what numbers you want to use, apparently did $180M odd in jersey sales - to the end of September last year. So lets 'random' number it to $250M to date. So his cost is ~18% of jersey sales. So lets go with a 10% markup to cover the Ronaldo fee, that $41M comes down to $18M ish. For his output for the season - think thats good value? This doesn't include any other ManU crap he might have sold or additional sponsor revenue he may have generated (and the fact I said he gets paid for a full year - reckon that might not be the case).

Good short term deal for a shit club. Bad deal anyway you look at it for a team with aspirations.

Superlol.....

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
TBF - he cost them $15M - add in 'the salary'. So hypothetically, lets just say he 'costs' $41M for a year. Now, pending on what numbers you want to use, apparently did $180M odd in jersey sales - to the end of September last year. So lets 'random' number it to $250M to date. So his cost is ~18% of jersey sales. So lets go with a 10% markup to cover the Ronaldo fee, that $41M comes down to $18M ish. For his output for the season - think thats good value? This doesn't include any other ManU crap he might have sold or additional sponsor revenue he may have generated (and the fact I said he gets paid for a full year - reckon that might not be the case).

Good short term deal for a shit club. Bad deal anyway you look at it for a team with aspirations.

Superlol.....
All the signing of Ronaldo did was further deepen the issues at United. Was never the right thing to do, and it's been shown up for what it was. A massive money grab from both the player and clubs sides.

Personally seeing United being more selective with their signings is a good thing for them. They need to start making the right transfers, and look long-term rather than the constant short-term fixes they've being going through.

Not sure why United fans are up in arms about it?

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They should've walked away from him a long time ago. Can't attract players just for money, they need to sell the project better.

For their sake I'd hope they move on quickly from him
agreed they're just wasting there time when they should be prioritising other potential signings before other clubs sign them

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Botoxiano Ronaldo is kicking back in Mallorca . He has smiling face after telling Man Utd management he wants out.They’ve told him he needs ro be store season training soon. We all know he won’t go.
I think we mentioned it before, the only winner when Roni signed with Man Utd was Roni.
They’ve regressed with him leading their attack and has now decided to jump ship.
Roni they are waiting for you for pre season training :yum:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Botoxiano Ronaldo is kicking back in Mallorca . He has smiling face after telling Man Utd management he wants out.They’ve told him he needs ro be store season training soon. We all know he won’t go.
I think we mentioned it before, the only winner when Roni signed with Man Utd was Roni.
They’ve regressed with him leading their attack and has now decided to jump ship.
Roni they are waiting for you for pre season training :yum:
I just don't get why all the United fans have gone into hiding again? Had plenty to say for about 30 mins after we lost the final but now ...?

Weird like as all people are doing is chatting footy. If it's not going their way, they shut down..