Embattled Canterbury Bulldogs coach Cameron Ciraldo says he’s trying to “change behaviours”

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If you watched CC's presser yesterday, you would know that this was one of many forms of punishment they were looking to dish out for being late.

They've tried monetary, they've tried physical activities etc etc.
The Physical punishment term was used by the reporter and he was referring to the wrestling incident..CC used general terms like a ‘range of different ways’ only specially citing monetary and spinning the wheel (Wheel of Fortune? Lol!) CC did not mention team related punishments or fitness based punishment..

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Well either he is taking his job seriously or he hates what's happening to the club that he won a GF with.

Also maybe he is older and wiser now and the club legends he works with have made him wake up.
All I remember about Mason was at one stage he was top tier, then the argument was he became soft. And the stories at the time went back to partying lifestyle and not taking it all seriously enough (i.e. training). Being 'soft as Mason' became a thing.

And now its all blown up, suddenly he's making statements.

I don't think he's a toxic as SBW but still, was never happy hearing he was working around the group. Ogre on the hand is a completely different story...

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Possibly, but nothing will improve yours. Except maybe a Covid shot.
of course nothing can improve my brain performance, its already top class

biden himself said they are asking for more money for a new covid shot that works, once again proving the Rodzilla brain is accurate because it calculated that the old shot didn't work

EuroNymous

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The Physical punishment term was used by the reporter and he was referring to the wrestling incident..CC used general terms like a ‘range of different ways’ only specially citing monetary and spinning the wheel (Wheel of Fortune? Lol!) CC did not mention team related punishments or fitness based punishment..
wheel of fortunate according to cam smith is usually consists of doing extra training

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Talking about standards.

Last week on the way to work i stopped at a local cafe in Belmore.

On the opposite side of the street some dickhead DOUBLE PARKED on the road infront of the cafe, and this was just before 7am in the morning.

Where i parked across the road, it was empty except for my car. So there was room for 4 cars

I walk over to the cafe and there is a Dogs player talking to the person making his coffee

La di da di da for 5 minutes waiting to place my order, he gets his coffee and pisses off

I finally put my order in and once i turn away i notice the player hopping into that double parked vehicle

Now can someone be that arrogant, ignorant and fucken stupid?

Im not naming the cafe, player or vehicle but if anyone from the club is lurking on the kennel, put your players into line
I hate when people double park in that same situation but I think the club has bigger issues to deal with at the moment than a player potentially getting a parking fine.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
wheel of fortunate according to cam smith is usually consists of doing extra training
Actually, Cameron Smith spun up Bleached hair..happened in his 200th game..lol!

BlackJackBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Pretty certain all these "punishments" were conveyed to the playing group during pre-season and more than likely chosen by the group as to what punishments get assigned to which infractions.

Highly doubt that someone rocked up late one day so CC says "Ive finally had enough, get in the ring.."

Accountability is not a new term in any field

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Pretty certain all these "punishments" were conveyed to the playing group during pre-season and more than likely chosen by the group as to what punishments get assigned to which infractions.

Highly doubt that someone rocked up late one day so CC says "Ive finally had enough, get in the ring.."

Accountability is not a new term in any field
Selective rubbish prob way out of context, meant to cause maximum damage....and haven't the journos succeeded.

TK goes off at player, and all based on some believing the gossip hounds with a known agenda against the club.

Cheng

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I hate when people double park in that same situation but I think the club has bigger issues to deal with at the moment than a player potentially getting a parking fine.
Its not about the parking fine

Its quite obvious this outside attitude is being brought inside

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe someone can explain to me why wrestling 12 players (was it really 12, or was it 4, or was it 30, take your pick) in training is any different to tackling and then wrestling to the ground 12 players in a game? Except maybe they aren't opposition players that are trying to win a game, steaming at you at with a 10+ metre run up, with bumpers up, legs pumping and protection from the waist down (must avoid that hip drop) and protection from the tits up (must avoid that HIA charge).

Sounds to me like pretty standard fatigue training, repetition, keep going under duress, mental and physical hardening up.

Always a Bulldog

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Maybe someone can explain to me why wrestling 12 players (was it really 12, or was it 4, or was it 30, take your pick) in training is any different to tackling and then wrestling to the ground 12 players in a game? Except maybe they aren't opposition players that are trying to win a game, steaming at you at with a 10+ metre run up, with bumpers up, legs pumping and protection from the waist down (must avoid that hip drop) and protection from the tits up (must avoid that HIA charge).

Sounds to me like pretty standard fatigue training, repetition, keep going under duress, mental and physical hardening up.

Always a Bulldog
Some pro boxers' heading into a serious match have sparring sessions involving going the 12, taking on a different fresh boxer each round. Tough stuff.

I'm sure the wrestling and whatever involved was tough stuff but it doesn't sound anything special to me, especially if they're already an NRL player.

Considering they're used to that Lovey dovey theme we always see in edited Bulldogs training clips and laughing photos and being treated like princes' around the joint, I really think the shock to their system, hit to the players pride having everyone watching, etc , could've affected him. Though we're just speculating and referring to media, we don't know the specifics.

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I feel if that player accepts and moves on, absorbs the reality of what's needed, they can become a better player and teammate from this. Even lift up the players and juniors around him.

The sad thing is, we probably help develop the player (this exercise making them tougher), create a storm in a teacup, create a toxic vibe internally and externally, and move the player on...
same shit as usual

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If it's exactly the Penrith system then I'll be happy. If it's his system, then we are fucked going off his selections, positions and rotations.
Since most of the top 30 were here before he signed maybe he’s just seeing what they are all made of those season. Yes his selections, positions and rotations are fucked but when you take injuries and top 30 into consideration hes been limited.

I just hope once the standards lift of the park the selections become more sensible on it.