Embattled Canterbury Bulldogs coach Cameron Ciraldo says he’s trying to “change behaviours”

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Maybe so. It just didn't make sense with his great game against Penrith in particular to be shunned like he "apparently" has.
Hopefully it is about easing him in for next year rather than this messy year.
Penrith and Brisbane.

As much as I love him, if he is one of the bitches he can get the fuck out of our club too. That goes for any player, even Kikau.

Plus Hughes re-signed and got dropped instantly.

Im really hoping he was protecting them from the bitches.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Penrith and Brisbane.

As much as I love him, if he is one of the bitches he can get the fuck out of our club too. That goes for any player, even Kikau.

Plus Hughes re-signed and got dropped instantly.

Im really hoping he was protecting them from the bitches.
Yeah but they still train together and hang out. I can't see that reasoning myself. On face value these decisions dont seem to make sense and mess with players heads. Hoping CC explains his strategies and reasons why to the players concerned so they know what ge's thinking is.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I remember hearing the general talk about when he first came to the dogs and how hard they trained
Apparently he couldn’t hold the steering wheel properly after a steve Folkes trading session

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yeah but they still train together and hang out. I can't see that reasoning myself. On face value these decisions dont seem to make sense and mess with players heads. Hoping CC explains his strategies and reasons why to the players concerned so they know what ge's thinking is.
You think the team know who is gone and who isn't?

I'm really thinking Burton is one of them, his form is very suss, especially recently.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

I'm really thinking Burton is one of them, his form is very suss, especially recently.
Well the un-signed guys are going we know that.

And I tell you, if you went off Burton's body language he is def not fully present and accounted for. Never seen a player so uninterested or unengaged or down like he was on Sunday. In the end I was starting to feel sorry for him, he was having such a horrible day at the office.

Who knows whats going on. That's why Sunday will be so interesting.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its all very interesting. As Anasta and Carianas said on NRL 360 there seems to be someone internally destabilising the Club and efforts to drive standards. Every attempt to push harder is leaked to undermine.
Moreover though...we don't have a leader. Anasta said himself...Burton is too quiet. Could the one complaining of been Reynolds? ...doubt it. Preston?...Davies? Skelton?
We lack a forward leader. Someone like Jake Trejoy. Jackson was quiet but lead by example. Ennis and Jammer had voices.
Kikau, JAC and Mahoney and Burton were not leaders in their Clubs.
I fear we won't progress till Gould can find that leader that can tie us all together.

Sir dogeth style

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

one thing ive always said in these situations and its been right every time.. anything we find out about, the players know weeks/months before we actually find out but their form definitely speaks and leads to 1 of 2 things

players on notice

players putting coach on notice

and in our case both coaches and players have been booted lol

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’ve got a sneaking decision he doesn’t always pick his side on ability, he picks it on attitude the blokes have towards training and representing this club even if there’s more talented players he’s leaving out… maybe
Yeah I’m the same. Perham comes to mind.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
ciraldo should be forced to wrestle 12 guys when he makes a dumb decision, this will improve his brain standards
Possibly, but nothing will improve yours. Except maybe a Covid shot.

Last edited:

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
For all his faults and failures this year, and boy has their been many. I loved Ciraldo's interview. His face, his tone, his body language, the way he spoke his words, showed how serious he was amd angry at certain players.

Loved how he called the team out for their standards, even referencing the Jersey flegg team.

If players cant achieve high standards and want to whinge especially after season we had, they can fuck off, i dont care if its Kikau Burton etc

Also makes sense throwing Papalii and KO back to Flegg. Shields these kids from the cancer of the Nsw cup and Fg squads.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Some shit ***** have already left, some shit ***** have signed somewhere else, some shit ***** won't be resigned.

Just to add it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Burton was one of the soft *****.
That would be surprising because Burton came from the Penrith system. Unless he’s regressed because of the culture. Also seems to me Reed Mahoney has dropped off and given up he looked deflated last week.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
That would be surprising because Burton came from the Penrith system. Unless he’s regressed because of the culture. Also seems to me Reed Mahoney has dropped off and given up he looked deflated last week.
Mase feels sorry for Reed, he said he always busts his arse for the club.

Burton appears to be the opposite of that.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Mase feels sorry for Reed, he said he always busts his arse for the club.

Burton appears to be the opposite of that.
Don't find it weird that Mase (who's work ethic was questionable in the extreme back in the day) is now coming out and making statements?

Never liked that appointment.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Don't find it weird that Mase (who's work ethic was questionable in the extreme back in the day) is now coming out and making statements?

Never liked that appointment.
Well either he is taking his job seriously or he hates what's happening to the club that he won a GF with.

Also maybe he is older and wiser now and the club legends he works with have made him wake up.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All, this could be a watershed moment at the Bulldogs. If we give up on what CC and coaching staff are trying to do it will be years of mediocrity, and those calling for his head will be partially to blame. Yes maybe he went too hard (I don't think he has based on what has been reported so far), but we need to see it through. Yes maybe with a different coach, we could get around the 8th-9th next season, but that will be the highlight because we will not get any higher with the attitudes at the club at the moment.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score

Probably frustrated as a young guy that he isn't sure how to fix it. At that age I wouldn't be comfortable approaching an older member of the squad and telling them to pull there heads in. It's hard when bombs are being thrown and you hope the coach will do something and that's not happening.

These days I'm more than happy to call out other people's bullshit.

Cheng

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Talking about standards.

Last week on the way to work i stopped at a local cafe in Belmore.

On the opposite side of the street some dickhead DOUBLE PARKED on the road infront of the cafe, and this was just before 7am in the morning.

Where i parked across the road, it was empty except for my car. So there was room for 4 cars

I walk over to the cafe and there is a Dogs player talking to the person making his coffee

La di da di da for 5 minutes waiting to place my order, he gets his coffee and pisses off

I finally put my order in and once i turn away i notice the player hopping into that double parked vehicle

Now can someone be that arrogant, ignorant and fucken stupid?

Im not naming the cafe, player or vehicle but if anyone from the club is lurking on the kennel, put your players into line

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Talking about standards.

Last week on the way to work i stopped at a local cafe in Belmore.

On the opposite side of the street some dickhead DOUBLE PARKED on the road infront of the cafe, and this was just before 7am in the morning.

Where i parked across the road, it was empty except for my car. So there was room for 4 cars

I walk over to the cafe and there is a Dogs player talking to the person making his coffee

La di da di da for 5 minutes waiting to place my order, he gets his coffee and pisses off

I finally put my order in and once i turn away i notice the player hopping into that double parked vehicle

Now can someone be that arrogant, ignorant or fucken stupid?

Im not naming the cafe, player or vehicle but if anyone from the club is lurking on the kennel, put your players into line
Only players that are allowed to do that in Belmore should be the 2004 team. They can do whatever they want lol