News 'Embarrassing': Bulldogs coach, skipper scathing of performance after Magic Round thriller

DSC

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Our spine isn’t ranked in the top 8 in my opinion. We lack a dominant halfback and a creative fullback. We also lack an effective ball playing lock similar to Yeo and Murray.

Doggysee

Waterboy
Reaction score
Ciro’s speech hit the mark, he couldn’t have said it any better.

he’s all about setting standards in that jersey, it’s all about attitude and execution - he’s going to keep ramming it down their throats until it’s ingrained in them.

Very impressed with his coaching thus far, my only question is the decision to play some players busted where in my opinion, he could have gone with a more healthy option from Cup and big bodies like Sam Hughes probably could have been injected sooner to match size/physicality. Other than that, Ciro is the man, we made an astute investment there and he will guide us out of this - He’s treating this role personally, he loves the club and team, his belief and mindset is an asset to this club!
Agree. At around the 50 minute mark King had run out of steam and was missing tackles and not getting back into position. Why did Hughes or Pele not get more game time?

Last edited:

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Even with the worse enthusiastic performance this year, all the tries scored against the raiders, except the last, should have been easily defended. Complexion of the game would be different IF half the tries were defused as they should have been. I am sure this would have pissed off CC.

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
In my opinion we are still playing defensive football and waisting valuable tackles on an arm wrestle. Still cannot work out after ten rounds what actually is our game plan consist of. Doggie fans can you help me to understand how we intend to score points consistently. The only ray of hope I noticed in Friday nights game against the Raiders was that first try Jacob Preston scored. Lining up between two defenders that had got their distance wrong in defence, running into the space and scoring brought joy and hope.
Game plan is just to put up burton bombs and hope the ball bounces towards the doggy players or the opposition drops it

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I found this interesting in the play by play;

Score Bulldogs 6 - Canbra 4
14.52 Penalty against us
15.27 Set Restart Canbra
18.20 Penalty against us
Score Bulldogs 6 - Cambra 22
25.33 Penalty against Canbra
25.55 Penalty against Canbra
Score Bulldogs 12 - Canbra 22
29.15 Penalty against us
31.15 Penalty against Canbra
32.09 Set Restart us
Score Bulldogs 18 - Canbra 22
38.29 Penalty against us
43.00 Penalty against us
Score Bulldogs 18 - Canbra 26
46.53 Penalty against us
50.41 Penalty against us
Score Bulldogs 18 - Canbra 32

We get penalised 2 or 3 times and they score.
They get penalised 2 times and we score.

Penalties (inc set restarts) have a huge effect on the results.

Always a Bulldog

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I actually only watched it today, sounded like Burton in the gun as well but half the team will be copping or already have copped a pineapple up the jatz clacker.
Clearly, he won't tolerate shit effort which is good the man was controlled but salty as.

How will the playing group respond....

Dogs Life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Agree. At around the 50 minute mark King had run out of steam and was missing tackles and not getting back into position. Why did Hughes or Pele not get more game time?
I found this interesting in the play by play;

Score Bulldogs 6 - Canbra 4
14.52 Penalty against us
15.27 Set Restart Canbra
18.20 Penalty against us
Score Bulldogs 6 - Cambra 22
25.33 Penalty against Canbra
25.55 Penalty against Canbra
Score Bulldogs 12 - Canbra 22
29.15 Penalty against us
31.15 Penalty against Canbra
32.09 Set Restart us
Score Bulldogs 18 - Canbra 22
38.29 Penalty against us
43.00 Penalty against us
Score Bulldogs 18 - Canbra 26
46.53 Penalty against us
50.41 Penalty against us
Score Bulldogs 18 - Canbra 32

We get penalised 2 or 3 times and they score.
They get penalised 2 times and we score.

Penalties (inc set restarts) have a huge effect on the results.

Always a Bulldog
That’s a good piece of analysis but not groundbreaking. Just shows how important discipline is.