Elliot / Mariner

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
RFM and Elliot were by far our best forwards
Of course they were because they were always on the ball... But that's the problem, they shouldn't be on the ball all the time

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
They need to do more as pays plans don't work lmao

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's more a structural issue with this side than a problem with the individual. We don't play anywhere near direct enough while the spine spends far too much time getting the ball out the back instead of being in and around the ruck at first receiver and playing direct with options around them.

At the end of the day our systems were poor to begin with and with the rule change they're even more of an issue, unfortunately we simply can't change it up overnight.
Block play block play, drop off to a second rower......boring and SLOW.

Play flat and fucken FAST.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
is thompson theoretically cleared to play next week? even just off the bench would be great
I can see him being pushed into the team ASAP. He has been training. If it means Napa is left out of the team. That might be best. Napa if he gets upset can ask for a release and play elsewhere.

Malla

Reaction score
I don't think its their fault. We don't have a half or a hooker that actually know how to play footy to tell players where to go and what to do. They are taking runs because nobody else wants the ball.

Elliot is the only bloke thats been showing up for us the last few weeks. Yes it's annoying when he takes a run when we should be setting up for a backline, but when a half isn't there demanding the ball to run a play, what do you want Elliot to do? He's doing his job.
RFM has been really good as well. But instead of our halves using him as a decoy, they dump the ball to him on the edge with <10m to work with. It's not his fault.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He can still show this effort and passion whilst playing off his halves... Just over our structure where it sees him being our main point of attack... They guy is relentless and doesn't know when to pull back. I like the guy but Dean gives him too much pull in the way we play.
He is just stepping up into Tolman's role while he's missing :( #payout

Malla

Reaction score
I can see him being pushed into the team ASAP. He has been training. If it means Napa is left out of the team. That might be best. Napa if he gets upset can ask for a release and play elsewhere.
Round 9 he is available

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I know Elliot set up a try ... But fuck me these 2 c*** stifled every single left edge shift we made, always getting in the fucking way thinking they are the main option or playmaker. Absolutely sick of seeing our forwards dictate play. Averillo should have seen way more ball tonight.
Jackson has the same issues aswell but I won't get into that now.
That's what happens on any struggling team in any sport. Especially teams that have no leadership, game plan or direction...Every player tries to do it themselves or to boost their stats/get a new deal and players often don't pass to teammates in better positions.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was RFMs best possible game last night and it is not enough with the team we currently have. I actually thought that was his best game since joining us.

Adam Elliot tried his guts out as usual, somethings work some don't but I assure all you Elliot knockers out there he luvs this club and is busting his kegs everything he goes on the field unlike a few others who are currently speaking with other clubs re their futures.
Our team will be very very different next year i expect and Deanno won't be the coach but some of the comments on this side re players and the coach really are appalling.
We are all entitled to our opinion rightly or wrongly but to suggest some of the things I read are incredible and frankly ill informed dribble but again we are all entitled to an opinion...Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one[emoji6]

I'm sure every person who types a message on this site wants the best for the club
Sorry, I totally disagree. They were our two best forwards in my opinion. Elliot created more then any other player on the field, and RFM was tireless. I honestly didn't think his motor was this big.
If RFM gets too much ball on the left edge it's hardly his fault!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
That was RFMs best possible game last night and it is not enough with the team we currently have. I actually thought that was his best game since joining us.

Adam Elliot tried his guts out as usual, somethings work some don't but I assure all you Elliot knockers out there he luvs this club and is busting his kegs everything he goes on the field unlike a few others who are currently speaking with other clubs re their futures.
Our team will be very very different next year i expect and Deanno won't be the coach but some of the comments on this side re players and the coach really are appalling.
We are all entitled to our opinion rightly or wrongly but to suggest some of the things I read are incredible and frankly ill informed dribble but again we are all entitled to an opinion...Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one[emoji6]

I'm sure every person who types a message on this site wants the best for the club
I need some positivity, hit me with some good news :tearsofjoy:

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree, Foran was very hesitant tonight imo... We played without a spine tbh
Not what the mole thought eh quote
But in the four rounds since the enforced COVID break, Foran has looked keen and hungry again and has regained his mojo.

He almost inspired the Bulldogs to an upset win over the Sharks last night and was the Bulldogs' most dangerous player in attack.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not what the mole thought eh quote
But in the four rounds since the enforced COVID break, Foran has looked keen and hungry again and has regained his mojo.

He almost inspired the Bulldogs to an upset win over the Sharks last night and was the Bulldogs' most dangerous player in attack.
The Mole should stick to making up rumours because Foran was MIA last night. If he stood up we would have won that game.

repolski

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not sure if it’s the forwards or halves fault but we have no one running good lines like a cordner. Only hoppa and he scored a try. Anyone coaching this into them?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

It's pretty sad isn't it. I get people's frustrations, but I think the boys were pretty decent last night. They can hold their heads high. We almost snatched the win too.